Thread: Lady Cajuns Head To Mobile To Face South Alabama

1. Ragin' Cajuns Lady Cajuns Head To Mobile To Face South Alabama

Looking to extend its two-game win streak, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns women's basketball team heads east to Mobile to face South Alabama on Thursday at the Mitchell Center. Tipoff is scheduled for 11 a.m.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Head To Mobile To Face South Alabama

Someone needs to explain to me why we are playing an 11am game tomorrow? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Someone needs to explain to me why we are playing an 11am game tomorrow? Please.
    To give us something to listen to at work!

South Al has a "pack the house" promotion and has invited students from the area to attend the game. We did the same late last year for Miss State.

We should do "Pack the House" promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    We should do "Pack the House" promotion.
    Game against Mississippi State earlier this season was at 11 am and was a "pack the house" game.

10-8 Jaguars, 11:18 left in the 1st.

Cold shooting hurting the Cajuns. 15-10 Jags with about 7 minutes to go until the half.

Louisiana absolutely awful shooting the ball. Down 24-16 at halftime and shooting just 15% from the field.

Cajuns lost 57-47.
    FG: UL 16/67 (23.9), USA 18/38 (47.4); 3pt: UL 3/21 (14.3), USA 4/8 (50.0); FT: UL 12/20 (60.0), USA 17/27 (63.0)

No loss is good, but that was particularly bad. South Al was 3-15.

11. Default Re: Lady Cajuns Head To Mobile To Face South Alabama

We have trouble scoring, sometimes you cannot get the other team to put you on the line and turnover the ball like a french pastry chef. Don't let the record fool us, this team is all about heart at this point. Sometimes it is simply not enough. Couple of outstanding bigs and we will score, and then look out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We have trouble scoring, sometimes you cannot get the other team to put you on the line and turnover the ball like a french pastry chef. Don't let the record fool us, this team is all about heart at this point. Sometimes it is simply not enough. Couple of outstanding bigs and we will score, and then look out.
    I agree the big's would help, but when it comes down to it you have to have some players who are consistent outside shooters. Even with bigger inside players, the defenses will pack it in and force you to make outside shots, and we haven't had the players (Okde excepted) who can consistently shoot the ball from outside. Here's my worry. I think we recruit high energy athletes who can be very good defensively, and may have high point totals in high school. I wonder if those points come in a fast break scenario and not as shooters. We need to pull some players who may be a little less capable on the defensive side but can shoot 40-45% from the field and 70% from the line. If this years team was over 40% from the field and 65% from the FT line for all their games they may not have any losses. JMO

Thread Information