Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL vs. FAU

Default UL vs. FAU

Early Line is UL -3. I would have guessed UL would have been favored by 4-5 at home.

Reaction!?!

Default Re: UL vs. FAU

Us with a -3 line at home says that it's a pick-em and the sport books are waiting on the serious betting to start before they make a call.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs. FAU

Quote Originally Posted by awadelewis View Post
    _ Us with a -3 line at home says that it's a pick-em and the sport books are waiting on the serious betting to start before they make a call. _
    correct. it's the bettors who decide where the line actually goes after it has been established. if people bet us heavily, the point spread increases to entice betting on fau. this way the bookies can play both ends toward the middle.

I'm not very adept at the betting game, but won't the Sails injury play into the line?

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    _ I'm not very adept at the betting game, but won't the Sails injury play into the line? _
    A QB injury would have more impact. The fact that Yobes ran for almost 100 probably makes the impact minimal

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The line is the best prediction going as betters way in. I think we are dead even in this contest. only because we are playing at home. We are going to have to play nearly flawless football, I'm afraid, in order to beat FAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ The line is the best prediction going as betters way in. I think we are dead even in this contest. only because we are playing at home. We are going to have to play nearly flawless football, I'm afraid, in order to beat FAU. _
    I watched the NT v. FAU game while listening to ours. I don't think we have to be flawless to beat those bums but we have to play smarter than we've been playing lately.

Here's my FAU observations -

1. Their defense allowed NT's back more yards than we did.
    2. FAU's Defense allowed NT to score 40
    3. Their defensive backfield is thugish and they play dirty.
    4. Their qb is going to give our dbacks nightmares.
    5. Their qb's picture gives ME nightmares (seriously, the dude looks weird)
    6. How old is Captain Kangaroo anyway?

Time to send Grandpa Simpson back to the Springfield Retirement Castle!

Good guys win. I'll make my official score prediction later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ I watched the NT v. FAU game while listening to ours. I don't think we have to be flawless to beat those bums but we have to play smarter than we've been playing lately.

Good guys win. I'll make my official score prediction later this week. _

I think you are correct. We do not have to play flawlessly but we definitely have to tighten up in several aspects. The running game needs to get going and early. Their D is not very good at all and the only player on that defense is the CB Tavious Polo. That doesn't mean we can't move the ball in the air though and we need an offensive production similar to that of the WKU game. We also need to control the clock like against WKU to give Rusty Smith as little time as possible to beat us. Our secondary is going to have to step up even more without Bentley and I assume that Grant Fleming will be covering Jason Harmon all game. I believe that is a decent matchup for us. The real key to this game is the D-Line. These guys have to step up and get to the QB without the aid of the blitz. Hall Davis and company have to find a way to make Smith's life tough with their pass rush. They have been nonexistent for most of the year and its time they step up.

Would love to see our "D" from the LSU game rise up this weekI know it's there just need to bring it from here on out

Geaux Cajuns

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ I watched the NT v. FAU game while listening to ours. I don't think we have to be flawless to beat those bums but we have to play smarter than we've been playing lately.

Good guys win. I'll make my official score prediction later this week. _
    Oh ok. not "flawless". I guess I should have said they have to "step it up". NT put 31 on us as I recall.

My concept of a flawless 2009 UL football game is that we limit penalties, win the field position and turnover battle, not miss tackles and have the defense out of position, and execute the passing game without the drops. "That" to me is our "flawless". I guess you could call it "stepping it up" and get the same result. I still see us needing to pull together the best elements of what we've done through 6 games to beat FAU. If you look at how close our NT and WKU games actually were. I don't see how FAU are "bums", to us, in our conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Oh ok. not "flawless". I guess I should have said they have to "step it up". NT put 31 on us as I recall.

My concept of a flawless 2009 UL football game is that we limit penalties, win the field position and turnover battle, not miss tackles and have the defense out of position, and execute the passing game without the drops. "That" to me is our "flawless". I guess you could call it "stepping it up" and get the same result. I still see us needing to pull together the best elements of what we've done through 6 games to beat FAU. If you look at how close our NT and WKU games actually were. I don't see how FAU are "bums", to us, in our conference. _
    Calling them "bums" is the nicest thing I can call them. I just don't like them and their early successes. It's just unnatural.

And I REALLY don't like that we are 0-2 to them at home all because of that QB of theirs.

_ Calling them "bums" is the nicest thing I can call them. I just don't like them and their early successes. It's just unnatural.

And I REALLY don't like that we are 0-2 to them at home all because of that QB of theirs. _
    That quarterback wasn't the one who beat us in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    _ That quarterback wasn't the one who beat us in 2005. _

Well, actually their QB did beat us in 2005, it was just a different QB named Danny Embeck.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Well, actually their QB did beat us in 2005, it was just a different QB named Danny Embeck. _
    That's pretty much what I just said.

Howard Snelinburger may be getting up in age but he is still a good coach. UL getting -3 is due to Vegas respecting Snelinburger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information