Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for how rest of season will play out

Default Predictions for how rest of season will play out

This is what i think will be the final standings for the Sun belt and bowl eligible teams.

Troy 9-3 (8-0) Bowl Game
    ULL 8-4 (6-2) Bowl Game
    Arkansas ST 6-6 (5-3) Eligible
    MTSU 7-5 (5-3) Eligible
    ULM 5-7 (4-4)
    FAU 4-8 (3-5)
    UNT 4-8 (3-5)
    FIU 1-11 (1-7)
    WKU 0-12 (0-8)

Or so i hope it plays out like this.

Default Re: Predictions for how rest of season will play out

since you have Troy 8-0 in conference I see you think we will lose to them, what other game do you think we will lose?

I'd really love to see some type of campaign or something for the next 3 home games, especially homecoming and the Troy game and try to get them as close to sold out as possible.

If we could sell them out and get 3 wins that would be HUGE!!

One game at a time!

I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU! I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF WKU!

The way i see it is Troy will win out conference but get a few close games
    UL Laf- will lose to Troy(even though i hope we win out just being realistic) and Ark St/MTSU game since those are 2 tough road games for us but i think we can get by the rest.
    Ark St- will bounce back from a slow start winning 5 of their last 7 games to .500 their conf losses are : Troy, ULM, North Texas/FAU
    MTSU- will lose to Miss St. but still fair well in conference losses : Troy, ULL, Ark St
    ULM - with the loss of their QB their momentum will fall and so might the rest of their season
    losses: Troy, MTSU, ULL, UNT
    FAU - will get a couple more respectable wins and even hold off UNT
    losses: Troy, MTSU, ULL, ULM, Ark St.
    North Texas- losses: Troy, MTSU, ULL, ULM, FAU
    FIU- losses: everyone but WKU
    WKU- losses: everyone but watch for upsets

anyone can beat anyone in this conference but i find the teams with better defenses will pull through, id love to see us beat Troy and win out the rest of the season. but we shall see!

6. Louisiana Re: Predictions for how rest of season will play out

Ragin Waldo,

If you are a Cajun until you die, why do you use UL and UL-Laf?

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ The way i see it is Troy will win out conference but get a few close games
    UL Laf- will lose to Troy(even though i hope we win out just being realistic) and Ark St/MTSU game since those are 2 tough road games for us but i think we can get by the rest.
    Ark St- will bounce back from a slow start winning 5 of their last 7 games to .500 their conf losses are : Troy, ULM, North Texas/FAU
    MTSU- will lose to Miss St. but still fair well in conference losses : Troy, ULL, Ark St
    ULM - with the loss of their QB their momentum will fall and so might the rest of their season
    losses: Troy, MTSU, ULL, UNT
    FAU - will get a couple more respectable wins and even hold off UNT
    losses: Troy, MTSU, ULL, ULM, Ark St.
    North Texas- losses: Troy, MTSU, ULL, ULM, FAU
    FIU- losses: everyone but WKU
    WKU- losses: everyone but watch for upsets

anyone can beat anyone in this conference but i find the teams with better defenses will pull through, id love to see us beat Troy and win out the rest of the season. but we shall see! _
    I was going to comment on your post. but when I saw you referred to the Cajuns as UL Laf, I stopped reading.

How awesome would it be for THE CAJUNS and Troy to win out the rest of their games and then the Conference Championship is decided in the SWAMP the last game of the regular season!!! How much more awesome would it be for that game to be sold out, I'm talking biggest crowd ever sold out!!!

Guess I don't get hung up on the name game as much as others. Seems as though a fair number of current students (to include recent graduates) have little to no problem with UL L, etc. Because that is what it's always been to them. I'm an "old" USL grad; but do my best to say UL whenever referring to the cajuns. My neice graduated a couple years ago and always says UL. Doesn't make anyone any less a supporter of our university because they are comfortable with the UL L name. JM 2 Cents.

P.S. You can tell when someone is "ULLing" us to death just to get under our skin. This doesn't look like that at all.

Sunbelt Re: Predictions for how rest of season will play out

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    ULL 8-4 (6-2) Bowl Game
    UL, Louisiana, or Cajuns.I love your prediction though.

Just don't see Troy running the table to go 8-0 in conference, I do see us with 2 loses in conference, one to competitor and one as a slip up, ending up with 4 loses and a great seasonlet's hope the slip up isn't WKU and/or homecoming!

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Guess I don't get hung up on the name game as much as others. Seems as though a fair number of current students (to include recent graduates) have little to no problem with UL, etc. Because that is what it's always been to them. I'm an "old" USL grad; but do my best to say UL whenever referring to the cajuns. My neice graduated a couple years ago and always says UL. Doesn't make anyone any less a supporter of our university because they are comfortable with the UL name. JM 2 Cents.

P.S. You can tell when someone is "ULLing" us to death just to get under our skin. This doesn't look like that at all.
    Not to turn this into a name thread but this is why I think it will take at least a generation or two to get even all of our own fans to just use "UL". Then you will start to see maybe even other schools near us slowly switching. The name change will take 50+ years for everyone to start calling us whatever we want.

I'm done now, back to rest of the season predictions.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ Not to turn this into a name thread but this is why I think it will take at least a generation or two to get even all of our own fans to just use "UL". Then you will start to see maybe even other schools near us slowly switching. The name change will take 50+ years for everyone to start calling us whatever we want.

I'm done now, back to rest of the season predictions.

igeaux.mobi _
    Agree. Heck, I even had to re-edit my post because the use of UL L was edited to UL, so it didn't make sense!
    Let's just play some ball!

Quote Originally Posted by USL Alum93 View Post
    _ Just don't see Troy running the table to go 8-0 in conference, I do see us with 2 loses in conference, one to competitor and one as a slip up, ending up with 4 loses and a great seasonlet's hope the slip up isn't WKU and/or homecoming!

Geaux Cajuns _
    I'm with you. The conference seems very balanced (Weak). I would not be surprised if 2 losses still gets you the SBC title.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Let's just play some ball!
    We agree on two things.

igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information