Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    any links to maybe facebook or something to see pics of the soccer/ track building going up.

i would imagine they have atleast poured concrete by now , the last pics i saw were a couple of weeks and they had rough in's done and plumbing risers out
    Wellthe last pics they posted were from last Tuesdy, not a couple of weeks agobut it looks like the status you described.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Wellthe last pics they posted were from last Tuesdy, not a couple of weeks agobut it looks like the status you described.
    okay, last week felt like a couple of weeks.

As far as the APC complex, not much going on there either. Haven't erected any steel in the last few days.

Seems to be very busy in the boxed-in area out of the rain.

Lots of work yesterday and the beginning of today. They have completed skinning the lean to section adjacent to the IPF. They are placing the interior supports, beams and floor joist for the second floor of the APC next to the Cox building. If we had not had a week of rain last week I would suspect they would be just about finished with erecting the red steel for the building. I would suspect that within the next two weeks we will be seeing the skin go in this part of the building. Once that happens they will be out of the weather and we won't be able to see much of what is going on inside the building.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Lots of work yesterday and the beginning of today. They have completed skinning the lean to section adjacent to the IPF. They are placing the interior supports, beams and floor joist for the second floor of the APC next to the Cox building. If we had not had a week of rain last week I would suspect they would be just about finished with erecting the red steel for the building. I would suspect that within the next two weeks we will be seeing the skin go in this part of the building. Once that happens they will be out of the weather and we won't be able to see much of what is going on inside the building.
    So, there is going to be a second floor above all of the wing that faces the Cox building? That's what I thought I saw too, but if you look at the master plan there was only a very small section at the end of the wing that was going to be on the second floor, and that was designated "Coach's Offices." I know the master plan was only a scheme of what could be, but all the more reason that they should post floor planslike they did for the student unionso we can know what is going where.

More good work these past few days. Looks like they are starting to put the metal deck pan on the second floor. It appears that they are concentrating on getting a portion of the building ready for plumbing, electrical and mechanical rough in. They will then continue with red steel erection after they finish with the metal decking. They will then place the light weight concrete on the second floor. Not a bad plan.

Does anyone know the décor of the outside of the building? Did they skimp or will it be something eye-catching?

[QUOTE=DaddyCajun;799987]Does anyone know the décor of the outside of the building? Did they skimp or will it be something eye-catching?

It will not look like the original master plan video that we have seen in the past. I am sure that money came into play.

I heard August completion, is that right or possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I heard August completion, is that right or possible?
    I know the goal is to have them in by football season. I'm not in construction, but I'd imagine once they get the exterior up they can work pretty quickly and continuously on the inside.

Pretty sure Sept 1 has been the due date, don't think it's changed. Also, I'm pretty sure the exterior will still look like the picture I posted a page back

How about 400 yards of bricks, 10 feet up from the ground.

I'm not sure about the circumference of the APC. I bet 400 yards, or 1200 feet would be a good guess. 10 feet off the ground would look good IMO.
    It looks like around $138,000 bucks, a substantial amount of that is labor costs.
    Bricking the entire building from ground up would probably cost 3X that.

Do the math yourself if you want.

http://www.brick.com/products/kingsize.htm

copy and paste this, it's a brick/square foot calculator. University or Burgundy brown would look nice.

Put me in for a $2000. ---just a thought.
    Here's another fun "build your own brick building" link. Copy/paste

http://www.accurateimage.com/designo.?zipcode=70507

We won't be seeing the rear portion of the new building for long. The steel is going up on the front portion of the building and blocking the view.

This is the old plan (level 1 & 2)that does not match up with the building. Anyone have the new floor plans?

Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information