Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    helmet,

just a question about the old cox building. if you look at it -every 8 - 10 ft they have those posts that stick up just past the roof line, which looks like the student side of the stadium. i know the student side of the stadium has those in place so they can add an upper deck. is that the same on the cox building? was it built that way to provide for future expansion up, or was it just a design feature of the times?

It looks like those are there just for show and not structural.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Is the Quad finally finished? Can someone take pictures? Did they finally tear down the 2 eyesore buildings across the lake from the Student Union? Can't remember the names but they totally ruin the campus. Surely there is no need to have those buildings still standing.
    Here is a link to the Quad thread. I had taken pictures a couple of weeks ago, but there are pics throughout the thread of the whole construction process.

https://forumeus.com/.truction/page9
    Last edited by LaCajunsFan; January 29th, 2015 at 04:03 pm. Reason: Typo. But no dawgs were killed in the process

This is pumping ME UUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Can someone post what the final prodect is supposed to look like? I can't seem to find the right one online.

Looks like they made good progress today for concrete placement on the next and what looks like to be the last portion of the slab. They might be able to place the concrete on this section by Tuesday if we don't get too much rain on Sunday. I guess we will see what they can get done tomorrow. Regardless, they look to be making good progress on steel erection at the end by the IPF. Once the steel is up they can concentrate on closing in the shell and getting out of the weather.

It may not look like it, but there has been a tremendous amount of work done on this project. All of those white plumbing pipes sticking up had to come from somewhere. The foundation for a building like this is also plenty of work. So while it may LOOK like very little has been done, in reality, a good portion of the most difficult part of this project has been completed. This coming week is critical in that if they can get that last concrete placement done they will be "out of the mud" for the most part. Trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Can someone post what the final prodect is supposed to look like? I can't seem to find the right one online.
    Well, I have thisnot sure if it's still accurate, but think it is.
    I would really like to see a floor plan: I don't know if that deviated from what was presented in the master plan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the floor plan that was part of the master plan

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad View Post
    Did anyone post this yet? Construction cam!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/lem.nter/index.php
    Bump

Looks like another concrete placement before the end of the week. (they will have only one left after that). As of 2:30 Tuesday they have most of the vapor barrier placed and they are starting to place the post tensioning cables. They also have some structural steel placed on another section of the slab and they are getting ready to erect it. Lets hope it doesn't rain too much tomorrow.

So we will be removing the basketball court?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    So we will be removing the basketball court?
    That was a plan that was further down the priorities. It would involve the construction of a new practice facility for men's/women's basketball originally sited for the corner of Reinhardt and Cajundome boulevard in the Cajun Field parking lot.

Getting busy installing post-tension cables this morning. They may be ready for concrete placement later today but most probably early tomorrow morning. Then one more large placement and what appears to be a smaller one between the IPF and the Cox building. I can't really tell because the Cox building is in the way.

They may be erecting steel today also.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Getting busy installing post-tension cables this morning. They may be ready for concrete placement later today but most probably early tomorrow morning. Then one more large placement and what appears to be a smaller one between the IPF and the Cox building. I can't really tell because the Cox building is in the way.

They may be erecting steel today also.
    What's the timetable on the APC?

Sept 1st I think is the penalty

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Sept 1st I think is the penalty
    Pretty impressive both for the fans, donors, recruits, and even the players & coaches if this thing gets knocked out before our first home game.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information