Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by GrosseTete Cajun View Post
    I am no contractor but I just don't see how this will be complete by end of August 2015? Any construction guys out there feeling confident? Tell me why I am wrong?
    I think lemoine pays a large penalty if it isn't so. Not sure what we should be pulling for

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by GrosseTete Cajun View Post
    I am no contractor but I just don't see how this will be complete by end of August 2015? Any construction guys out there feeling confident? Tell me why I am wrong?
    The building will be completed and occupied by the end of August. I doubt the Cox Building will be demolished though. I hope they are never finished doing something to improve the University. I KNOW somebody has generated a critical path and they are watching it closely.

3. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I think lemoine pays a large penalty if it isn't so. Not sure what we should be pulling for
    ---Went through the U in awe today---Just unreal---however some stuff is not done and was wondering about a penalty for that---But I, knowing nothing about construction, think that LeM is pretty damn good!!! I tell ya when all the crap is settled our campus will truly be a thing of beauty!!! All involved should receive all the congratulatory respect for their efforts!!! never have I seen Cyprus Lake so pretty ---some of the trucks were finally leaving and obviously there is a bunch of dirt around the construction site still---gonna be very Nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    HelmutVII, any idea what that wooden structure is, built about 6' high on the slab behind the one they are preparing for tomorrows pour?
    It is a concrete form. For what I can't even guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Went through the U in awe today---Just unreal---however some stuff is not done and was wondering about a penalty for that---But I, knowing nothing about construction, think that LeM is pretty damn good!!! I tell ya when all the crap is settled our campus will truly be a thing of beauty!!! All involved should receive all the congratulatory respect for their efforts!!!
    There will be no penalty. The main push was for food service and they got that done. Bookstore is all but finished I think they will be able to move back in the nest few weeks. The cashier and other services in the eyesore buildings will be moving shortly. They did not want to move in the middle of starting the Spring semester. Theater and ballroom are last on the list but they are not far behind the others,

6. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    There will be no penalty. The main push was for food service and they got that done. Bookstore is all but finished I think they will be able to move back in the nest few weeks. The cashier and other services in the eyesore buildings will be moving shortly. They did not want to move in the middle of starting the Spring semester. Theater and ballroom are last on the list but they are not far behind the others,
    ----Great news----now, what do you think of the structure?? The LOUISIANA wall in front of martin Hall and the Quad??

---Went through the U in awe today---Just unreal---however some stuff is not done and was wondering about a penalty for that---But I, knowing nothing about construction, think that LeM is pretty damn good!!! I tell ya when all the crap is settled our campus will truly be a thing of beauty!!! All involved should receive all the congratulatory respect for their efforts!!! never have I seen Cyprus Lake so pretty ---some of the trucks were finally leaving and obviously there is a bunch of dirt around the construction site still---gonna be very Nice!!!
    From what I've seen and heard, they are a great company.

Great news

now, what do you think of the structure?? The LOUISIANA wall in front of martin Hall and the Quad??

Is the Quad finally finished? Can someone take pictures? Did they finally tear down the 2 eyesore buildings across the lake from the Student Union? Can't remember the names but they totally ruin the campus. Surely there is no need to have those buildings still standing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Is the Quad finally finished? Can someone take pictures? Did they finally tear down the 2 eyesore buildings across the lake from the Student Union? Can't remember the names but they totally ruin the campus. Surely there is no need to have those buildings still standing.
    Quad is not finished. They are putting down the pavers now.

Eyesore buildings are not torn down yet. They are still using them for the cashiers and storage of furniture and fixtures for the new sections of the Union. They did not want to move the cashiers into the Union during the start up of the Spring Semester. I don't think it will be long before they move though. Once everybody and everything is moved in I'm sure they will have to do some asbestos abatement in the old buildings prior to demolition. That could take 6 to 8 weeks. The building could be demolished in a day probably over the Easter break when there are fewer people on campus. They can get in and get out and be done with it. Just my guess though.

They're most definitely out there a-pouring this morning. Love this construction cam.

The glare is pretty bad in the mornings. But if that's what I am stuck complaining about, I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad View Post
    The glare is pretty bad in the mornings. But if that's what I am stuck complaining about, I'll take it!
    put on some sunglasses before you stare at your computer screen

helmet,

just a question about the old cox building. if you look at it -every 8 - 10 ft they have those posts that stick up just past the roof line, which looks like the student side of the stadium. i know the student side of the stadium has those in place so they can add an upper deck. is that the same on the cox building? was it built that way to provide for future expansion up, or was it just a design feature of the times?

14. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    helmet,

just a question about the old cox building. if you look at it -every 8 - 10 ft they have those posts that stick up just past the roof line, which looks like the student side of the stadium. i know the student side of the stadium has those in place so they can add an upper deck. is that the same on the cox building? was it built that way to provide for future expansion up, or was it just a design feature of the times?
    ----I seem to remember a sketch of the 2nd floor but was told I think it wasn't a good idea or worth it!!!

----I seem to remember a sketch of the 2nd floor but was told I think it wasn't a good idea or worth it!!!
    The original concept drawing of the "new" athletic complex actually had the current Cox building as multiple stories. The thinking at the time was it would house all athletic offices/functions. Of course, as we have seen, implementation is always different from initial concepts.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information