Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC

That's what most people understood from the renderings and such, that once we moved into the APC and the Cox Center was demolished, they'd straighten Reinhardt to go straight from Cajundome Blvd. to Bertrand, cutting between the tunnel and the green space that will be developed where the Cox Center currently stands. Some people have said Reinhardt will simply not connect anymore. I'm not sure which is in our plans.

2. Default Re: Construction Cam APC

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    That's what most people understood from the renderings and such, that once we moved into the APC and the Cox Center was demolished, they'd straighten Reinhardt to go straight from Cajundome Blvd. to Bertrand, cutting between the tunnel and the green space that will be developed where the Cox Center currently stands. Some people have said Reinhardt will simply not connect anymore. I'm not sure which is in our plans.
    ---Brock I think that it will be a long time before the cox building is torn down---The reason is that the administrative offices were going in the stadium complex---this would be the 3-5 story building that would be part of the stadium---Part of this next tier will be funded by student fees as it will contain a clothing sales area for Cajun Stuff, A ballroom, athletic dinning,All the administrative offices along with the Suites and club rooms---I remember Beau looking at the diagrams the day it was presented---Is this about correct???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Brock I think that it will be a long time before the cox building is torn down---The reason is that the administrative offices were going in the stadium complex---this would be the 3-5 story building that would be part of the stadium---Part of this next tier will be funded by student fees as it will contain a clothing sales area for Cajun Stuff, A ballroom, athletic dinning,All the administrative offices along with the Suites and club rooms---I remember Beau looking at the diagrams the day it was presented---Is this about correct???
    Correct Boomer. Multi level complex including all you mentioned as well as a souvenir shop and Hall Of Fame.

Very long time before that road will open at this pace.

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

So, my dream of cheering for the Cajuns on the stadium Quad will not happen.

I really hate people who do not produce what was proposed! Que the SF Haters!!!!!!

I need the back side open again. My gameday tradition has always been one lap around the stadium right before we pack up the gear from the spot and head into the stadium. Taking a lap inside the stadium just doesn't feel right.

6. Default Re: Construction Cam APC

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Correct Boomer. Multi level complex including all you mentioned as well as a souvenir shop and Hall Of Fame.

---As the fund raising for the next tier begins (according to SF's interview) I THINK WE HAVE SOME GOOD THINGS GOING---GREAT MoVE HAVING SOME ATHLETIC IMPROVEMENTS INCLUDED IN THE MASTER PLAN FOR THE UNIVERSITY---Damn caps---So that will be money coming into the project each year (BTW I think this is correct)---the sale of the suites will also create a continual money flow----Of course the fund raising effort has got to be vital and I would love to see how that has been organized and ready to go per SF on Jay---But the Tabasco club house, Stullers Ball Room, Franks casing whatever and some other very successful businesses sponsoring I think would be key----Some of these and many more have been approached and we will see----the money seems to be there and the plans seem to have been devised to get it in pocket!!! BTW who are some more wealthy in the area---Acadian Ambulance athletic medical/training facilities---man that sounds like a $5 million project!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post

I seem to remember them needing to tear down the Cox center to finish the additions required for the opponents locker room enlargement. If that is the case, they'd need to relocate all the folks from the Cox into the new APC which would allow them to complete Reinhardt. Just thinking.

Burn the COX building with FIRE to kill it. That thing is hideous!

9. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Burn the COX building with FIRE to kill it. That thing is hideous!
    ----When I coached there we called it the Bunker---No windows!!!

----When I coached there we called it the Bunker---No windows!!!
    Wait . when you coached there windows had already been invented?

When I coached there we called it the Bunker---No windows!!!

It was always fun when the air conditioning went out in the Summer

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    It was always fun when the air conditioning went out in the Summer
    It's now called "Sweating to the Oldies"

Looks like they will doing a concrete placement early tomorrow morning. They have a section of the slab prepared and a light tower set up. We shall see tomorrow morning.

I am no contractor but I just don't see how this will be complete by end of August 2015? Any construction guys out there feeling confident? Tell me why I am wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Looks like they will doing a concrete placement early tomorrow morning. They have a section of the slab prepared and a light tower set up. We shall see tomorrow morning.
    HelmutVII, any idea what that wooden structure is, built about 6' high on the slab behind the one they are preparing for tomorrows pour?

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information