Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

I have been making a copy and store in file each day. Hope I can find a way to show a complete fast thumbnail of the progress. Are whatever you call that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I have been making a copy and store in file each day. Hope I can find a way to show a complete fast thumbnail of the progress. Are whatever you call that.
    That sounds like a great idea Frenchie.

Hope the finished product is everything the "Tashg Ma Hal" we are calling it, should be! I really think this will help all sports in recruiting and overall success! I am pumped!

Bump

Ragin CAJUNS athletics on Facebook posted a bunch of new pics of he constructionup close and from different angles than you can see on the cam:

https://www.facebook.com/ragincajuns./photos_stream

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    That sounds like a great idea Frenchie.
    Frenchie, I can make that happen. Feel free to get in touch with me if you want to do it.

Looks like they will be placing the last bit of concrete for the slab tomorrow. There will be two locations one at the end nearest the camera and the other small area on the other side of the Cox building.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    They might be having a problem with the steel I noticed they fiddled with a single column yesterday for over an hour and it is not erected. This is not unusual they probably need to regroup and go to plan B.
    Helmut, ever since you mentioned this, there hasn't been any progress on the steel. Do you think it's still usual, and what might be the cause to have them make little progress on putting up the steel? I realize it hasn't been that long, but they were going at it and there is plenty of steel laying around ready for installation, so it seems there is something.

Two things could be happening. One they need to make some adjustments to the base plates to fit some misaligned anchor bolts. or two, they are waiting for the concrete crew to get out of the way and to get some age on the concrete. (I hope this is the case). They can erect the steel on a building like this quicker than the concrete can be placed. I am surprised that they did not place concrete today. I'm sure there was a good reason because the lack of concrete surface is looking to be a hold up. They do need to get some age on the concrete before they put the crane truck on it. The outriggers place a very large point load on the concrete and they will do some damage if they get on the slab too early. (it is a constant concern on my projects and I usually make the steel crews place a wooden mat on the outrigger pads). However, if you notice there is plenty of steel being erected at the rear of the building along the APC so the steel crew does have work to do. That area is getting thicker with steel by the day.

If the anchor bolts are misaligned then they really need to pay attention and make the corrections properly. If there is an error made in the correction then all new base plates have to be cut and welded on to the columns. That would be a serious screw up and could cost some time if the steel is the controlling item on the critical path right now. The steel has to be right or the rest of the building will be out of whack. They especially need to be careful around the wind bent that is already erected. (the big rectangular section near the auditorium). That is the backbone of the building and it needs to be aligned with the rest of the frame lines. When I saw the steel a crew fiddle with something for over an hour that should take less than 15 minutes to do, I figured they found a problem.

The next few days will tell the story. If we don't start seeing steel being erected on this section of the building by early next weekthen they have problems. They can work them through, the thing is to not panic. Dr. Wallace had a good saying, "never be in a hurry to make a mistake". I also learned the hard way, "never be in a hurry to correct a mistake with another mistake".

Thank you Helmut, you provide good info as always.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Two things could be happening. One they need to make some adjustments to the base plates to fit some misaligned anchor bolts. or two, they are waiting for the concrete crew to get out of the way and to get some age on the concrete. (I hope this is the case). They can erect the steel on a building like this quicker than the concrete can be placed. I am surprised that they did not place concrete today. I'm sure there was a good reason because the lack of concrete surface is looking to be a hold up. They do need to get some age on the concrete before they put the crane truck on it. The outriggers place a very large point load on the concrete and they will do some damage if they get on the slab too early. (it is a constant concern on my projects and I usually make the steel crews place a wooden mat on the outrigger pads). However, if you notice there is plenty of steel being erected at the rear of the building along the APC so the steel crew does have work to do. That area is getting thicker with steel by the day.

If the anchor bolts are misaligned then they really need to pay attention and make the corrections properly. If there is an error made in the correction then all new base plates have to be cut and welded on to the columns. That would be a serious screw up and could cost some time if the steel is the controlling item on the critical path right now. The steel has to be right or the rest of the building will be out of whack. They especially need to be careful around the wind bent that is already erected. (the big rectangular section near the auditorium). That is the backbone of the building and it needs to be aligned with the rest of the frame lines. When I saw the steel a crew fiddle with something for over an hour that should take less than 15 minutes to do, I figured they found a problem.

The next few days will tell the story. If we don't start seeing steel being erected on this section of the building by early next weekthen they have problems. They can work them through, the thing is to not panic. Dr. Wallace had a good saying, "never be in a hurry to make a mistake". I also learned the hard way, "never be in a hurry to correct a mistake with another mistake".
    Good old Dr. Wallace!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Good old Dr. Wallace!
    If you had to see Dr. Wallace you had to do it five minutes before you had a class or five minutes before he had a class. That way you always had an "Out".

The concrete is placed and they started to put roofing panels on the area adjacent to the IPF. I did see that the crane truck is not there. (They may have moved it out of the view of the camera though). However, they do have another crane on site that is being used to lift the roof panels.

Funny story.at least for me: I'm working on a project (training folks) in the very cold, snowy NE.
    I keep my iPad handy to 1) remind me of what I'm coming home to on Thursdays, and 2) to show my class what they are missing. They get fixated on the patches of green grass, lol!

Not sure why, but every time I try to access the construction cam I see the following message:

“There are currently no images available to for this day”

What am I doing wrong?

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information