Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

1. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by KragincajunS10 View Post
    New topic:

I'm pretty interested in the athletic department's plan for Cajun Field's grounds improvement just as the master plan shows (borders between parking spaces with trees and grass as well as main entrance with boulevard leading straight to the back end of the home side).

I know they are focusing on the Tigue and finding temporary homes for the rest of the department so they can tear down the Cox building and renovate that area. I also know they are working on renovating the home side which would give the rest of the department their permanent home as well as suites that to generate money.

I'm not sure how much of the budget is allocated for this expense but doesn't seem like a lot compared to all other projects. Wondering, if that is the case, if it is something that cane be down now/soon. I love the idea shown on the master plan renderings. I'm not considering the retail/living spaces shown along Congress. I am only interested in improving the visuals of parking such as making a permanent boulevard drive leading straight to the back end of the home side with trees and borders between parking areas. Just like you see in shopping centers to break up the big flat parking lot look. Again, just looking at the master plan and wondering if that is something that the department is still considering/currently planning/tossed it in the garbage.

Typical off-season boredom conversation. Here's to looking forward to September
    ---Trees and divides take up parking spaces and we need all we can get----I wonder how many cars the new parking garages will hold----one is suppose to be in the present lot and one behind the Cajun Dome!!! Anybody know what the new campus on holds???

2. Sunbelt Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Boomer we don't need any parking lots at Cajun Field. We've got all the parking spaces we will ever need, and about eight thousand too many seats. Let's make the lot a parking park for those willing to tolerate bad football, bad opponents, and confused coaching.

A parking park would be far better than an unused, graffiti target. Trees, shrubs, walking paths, maybe a mini swamp.

GEAUX CAJUNS BEAT USA

SUNBELT FOREVER

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Glad to hear plans for additional parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Trees and divides take up parking spaces and we need all we can get----I wonder how many cars the new parking garages will hold----one is suppose to be in the present lot and one behind the Cajun Dome!!! Anybody know what the new campus on holds???
    The Stokes parking garage (on Lewis St ) has a capacity of ~1,150, the McKinley St one is ~850, and I believe the one on Taft St is ~450.
    Since it's obvious that addt'l parking is needed during games, I hope this happens soon. Since this could also be used by the commuters during the week, Cajundome events, etc, I would think that this would be revenue neutral at worst.
    And while I would also like to see the trees etc added to the parking lot as proposed in the master plans, I look forward to the day when the buildings along congress are built. Think how great that'll be, with bars and restaurants creating a new entertainment district.hopefully this fund also draw more folks to the game.

I've always thought that as much as we focus on renovating Cajun Field, we are selling ourselves short. Instead of just renovating Cajun Field, we should focus on the Redevoplment of Cajun Field. Cajun Field has become more of district of the city much so than just a football stadium that includes the field, stadium, parking, Cajundome, and other events. Redeveloping the property and turning Cajun Field into this entertainment district of South Louisiana would be an attractive atmosphere and better gameday experience for ALL Cajuns games. Just renovating a stadium that is used for 6 days in a year seems like a waste of money. But renovating a stadium AND building parking garages with shops, restaurants, and bars below them would allow traffic to Cajun Field 365, would be a home run. I believe that yes, it would cost substantially a lot more, but would need to built together. Fans who do not have an opportunity to tailgate would have a place to eat and drink before the game (meaning they show up) and a place to hang out afterwards.

Please don't think I'm saying not to renovate Cajun Field, that place needed it 20 years ago. But getting the city, parish, and this One Acadiana Committee on board to develop the property, would be crucial for the advancement of the city of Lafayette.

6. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_Spice View Post
    I've always thought that as much as we focus on renovating Cajun Field, we are selling ourselves short. Instead of just renovating Cajun Field, we should focus on the Redevoplment of Cajun Field. Cajun Field has become more of district of the city much so than just a football stadium that includes the field, stadium, parking, Cajundome, and other events. Redeveloping the property and turning Cajun Field into this entertainment district of South Louisiana would be an attractive atmosphere and better gameday experience for ALL Cajuns games. Just renovating a stadium that is used for 6 days in a year seems like a waste of money. But renovating a stadium AND building parking garages with shops, restaurants, and bars below them would allow traffic to Cajun Field 365, would be a home run. I believe that yes, it would cost substantially a lot more, but would need to built together. Fans who do not have an opportunity to tailgate would have a place to eat and drink before the game (meaning they show up) and a place to hang out afterwards.

Please don't think I'm saying not to renovate Cajun Field, that place needed it 20 years ago. But getting the city, parish, and this One Acadiana Committee on board to develop the property, would be crucial for the advancement of the city of Lafayette.
    ----That is exactly what the Master plan is going to be----the art performance building will be there as the present auditorium Center goes to the hospital---the business and residential plans are also a big part of it---I would guess that the rental spaces would really build up the athletics budget!!!

7. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Help finance the Cajun Field development project by turning the Cox Building into a 24-hour Coffee Shop.

I don't think you'll ever see parking garages on the current site. I think it would be absolutely a home run to develop along Congress or even Bertrand but that area behind where you would develop will need to be premium parking at some point and I think dressing it up is the cheapest and best way to go. Plus it's not like it would look bad. It would look great. If we want to be big time we've got to look it and doing the small things goes a long way. So, with that said, I don't think you'll see development for along time which is why I posed the original question.

Once the home side is renovated, if the parking area around the stadium was dressed up a little the place would look insane. For example, look what North Texas did. now they built a whole new stadium and I know that's not what we're doing but improving the grounds around the stadium would go a long way to improving the fan experience and believe it or not, recruiting. That's what this is ALLLL about. #1 Revenue stream (home side expansion) #2 Recruiting and #3 Improved fan experience (so we can get as many butts in the stadium as possible to spend money).

My original question is a small one but that's because I know the university is working on the big things. To me, the little things are just as important. Even in every day life.

I agree 100%.

10. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I agree 100%.
    ---I guess you know --but there will be a semi bookstore with Cajun Gear---a banquet facility---a restaurant/cafeteria---and other goodies but the food part will attract all the commuter parking!!!

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67

Thread Information