Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Looks like they are ready for a concrete placement for tomorrow morning. Not much longer before they get out of the mud.

The exterior structure is looking to me to be exactly as depicted when it was unveiled at the ground breaking ceremony. The rooflines all seem to match up with the pic. The interior is different than the floorplan shown in the masterplan layout. You can see the where the central hydrotherapy is located in a different location and the shape doesn't quite match the newly formed foundation. I would love to know what that concrete structure is in the middle. Maybe someday we can get an up to date layout.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    The exterior structure is looking to me to be exactly as depicted when it was unveiled at the ground breaking ceremony. The rooflines all seem to match up with the pic. The interior is different than the floorplan shown in the masterplan layout. You can see the where the central hydrotherapy is located in a different location and the shape doesn't quite match the newly formed foundation. I would love to know what that concrete structure is in the middle. Maybe someday we can get an up to date layout.
    just a guess, but is that maybe the meeting room that will have stadium seating like movie theaters these days? i dont know how they would build it up, but seems like a logical guess

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Agreed: the interior does not seem to line up with the masterplan floorplans. This is not that big of a dealthey prob have just shifted things around.
    Did they ever publish a floor-plan for what the actual building will be? I would really like to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    just a guess, but is that maybe the meeting room that will have stadium seating like movie theaters these days? i dont know how they would build it up, but seems like a logical guess

I think you are correct. The concrete walls on both sides are sloped.

There was going to be a theater type room in the facility, and being football, would think it would have to seat 125 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think you are correct. The concrete walls on both sides are sloped.
    boom! 3 points for me!

Concrete placed this morning starting at 4:00. Looks like they are forming up for the last placement on this portion of the building which could happen this weekend or Monday morning.

They might be having a problem with the steel I noticed they fiddled with a single column yesterday for over an hour and it is not erected. This is not unusual they probably need to regroup and go to plan B.

10. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    They might be having a problem with the steel I noticed they fiddled with a single column yesterday for over an hour and it is not erected. This is not unusual they probably need to regroup and go to plan B.
    ----It doesn't look that big until you see one of the tiny guys working!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

It doesn't look that big until you see one of the tiny guys working!!!!

No, he's just really small.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    No, he's just really small.

I don't wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least.three times bigger than this!

That one concrete sections in the back on the first slab poured looks like they put up a giant Guillotine. Is that where the opponents dressing rooms will be?

One whole month of progress!

Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information