Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    "Erected shafts" are two words that should never be put together in a sentence on RP!!!
    Even separately will probably cause an eruption of troubles, lol

I expect a J1M sighting after those comments.

Looks like the grand entrance with the stair wells are not happening with all the second story rebar going in

4. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Looks like the grand entrance with the stair wells are not happening with all the second story rebar going in
    -----I think it has been discussed that the COX Building will remain until all the stadium area is completed----With the Football part moving we should have a huge administration area---We could add RCAF, maybe compliance, and whatever to this area----if the look could be changed maybe some thoughts to keeping it!!!

I think you are wrong: if you look through the large, 2-story entrance, they have not put the re-bar beyond thatyetso it would still be 2-stories high in that area.
    I've been curious whether that feature will remain as well, so I've been keeping an eye out for it.
    ETA: in my current view of the cam, there is a large blue crane in the middle of what will be the lobbythe 2-story part. It is hoisting material to the second floor next to the lobby area.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    i just noticed this, and it probably doesnt need it because it is only two stories i believe, but there are no elevators. atleast i didnt see any shafts erected.
    It looks to me like they are leaving space for an elevator in the lobby area, which is where you would think it would go.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    It looks to me like they are leaving space for an elevator in the lobby area, which is where you would think it would go.
    You are correct. You need to look fast because you probably won't be able to see it much longer. I would suspect the lobby area got smaller than what was originally shown in the mater plan. My first impression when I saw that was it was a tremendous waste of space Glad to see they got more efficient in the space planning.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    You are correct. You need to look fast because you probably won't be able to see it much longer. I would suspect the lobby area got smaller than what was originally shown in the mater plan. My first impression when I saw that was it was a tremendous waste of space Glad to see they got more efficient in the space planning.
    Yeah, but you know, I find it very hard to keep the scale of this building in mind when looking at it: it is so much bigger than it appears! at least to me. Like, when I was first trying to figure out if it really was a complete 2nd floorwhen you see a person standing in it, it could almost be 3 stories, lol. Same thing with the lobby: when you see a personor a big crane in ityou realize that it is still a very big space. just my .02 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think I would forget about the floor plan shown on the master plan. I am sure the plan was further developed during the design stage. It looks like the locker/dressing room will be adjacent to Cajun Field (why would they have it any place else). Notice all of the roughed in plumbing at that end of the building.
    I don't knowI'm no expert, but the plumbing fixtures look more like urinals/stalls than showers. I think it looks more like bathrooms than locker rooms, IMHO.

I see an angled beam running along the end of the red steel, as of now. Could the film room be constructed there with bathrooms being under neath it?

And it also seems that the lobby will not be two stories tall, as it looks like they are putting in the crossbar/re-bars in that section.

My hope is that they put enough rooms to accommodate all peoples and DESTROY that COX building and build my dam APC Quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You can do it."

My hope is that they put enough rooms to accommodate all peoples and DESTROY that COX building and build my dam APC Quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You can do it."
    Me tooI guess that's one of the main reasons why I am so curious to see floor plans.it would be very interesting to know who/what is going in that section. The answer to that question could lead to a whole bunch of different scenarios. Or not, lol.

I don't knowI'm no expert, but the plumbing fixtures look more like urinals/stalls than showers. I think it looks more like bathrooms than locker rooms, IMHO.
    There is probably a visitors and home team locker room on this end of the building. They will have rest room facilities in each one. I doubt if the would put the visitors or home team locker room any other place than adjacent to the stadium/practice facilities just to be in close proximity to where they are needed. There were other types of plumbing installation on the other side of the building next to the large auditorium/meeting room. I'm thinking tht will be for athletes in other sports to come in, dress out and work out or get training.

If you look now you will see a rectangular and a square opening in the bar joist framing. The rectangular opening is probably for a stair way and the square opening is for the elevator. The bar joist are being set now and if the locker room framing doesn't block it you will be able to clearly see them once the place the steel decking over the bar joists.

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread Information