Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

The on site camera is not keeping up with the progress. the picture is behind a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    This is the old plan (level 1 & 2)that does not match up with the building. Anyone have the new floor plans?
    Ha! Yeah i noticed the same thing and posted the same question a few posts up. Seeing that there is pretty much double the amount of square footage being added with the second floor, I am really curious about several things: what's being added that was not on the master plan? Maybe more Ath Admin folks, that we thought would be going to be located in the new west side stadium addition? Can this be another reason why the exterior is different from the master plan?
    Anyway, I decided to go right to the source, so I sent an email to the Ragin Cajun site. I got an answer within an hour, which was great.just not the answer we wanted, lol. I just don't know why they can't post a simplified version of the floor plan, like they did with the new student union.
    FWW, below is a copy of the response that I got back from them. Maybe someone else with more skills/time than I have can get the answers we have???

"Basically, the floor plans we were provided with are about 500 3x6’ sheets bound into a 50 pound booklet. To my knowledge, there are no plans in digital format that could easily be put on our website. I can however, inquire to see if there is a simplified version that would be appropriate for public viewing.

Thanks for your interest and support.

John A. Dugas
    Associate Athletic Director for Internal Affairs
    University of Louisiana
    One Dugas Square at “The Tigue”
    337-482-5393
    337-654-3858
    johndugas@louisiana.edu"

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Ha! Yeah i noticed the same thing and posted the same question a few posts up. Seeing that there is pretty much double the amount of square footage being added with the second floor, I am really curious about several things: what's being added that was not on the master plan? Maybe more Ath Admin folks, that we thought would be going to be located in the new west side stadium addition? Can this be another reason why the exterior is different from the master plan?
    Anyway, I decided to go right to the source, so I sent an email to the Ragin Cajun site. I got an answer within an hour, which was great.just not the answer we wanted, lol. I just don't know why they can't post a simplified version of the floor plan, like they did with the new student union.
    FWW, below is a copy of the response that I got back from them. Maybe someone else with more skills/time than I have can get the answers we have???

"Basically, the floor plans we were provided with are about 500 3x6’ sheets bound into a 50 pound booklet. To my knowledge, there are no plans in digital format that could easily be put on our website. I can however, inquire to see if there is a simplified version that would be appropriate for public viewing.

Thanks for your interest and support.

John A. Dugas
    Associate Athletic Director for Internal Affairs
    University of Louisiana
    One Dugas Square at “The Tigue”
    337-482-5393
    337-654-3858
    johndugas@louisiana.edu"
    Today most all construction documents are scanned or printed to PDF documents. I'm sure they have them he probably doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Today most all construction documents are scanned or printed to PDF documents. I'm sure they have them he probably doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know.
    Now this says it all in one short sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Now this says it all in one short sentence.
    Boy howdy

My daughter has some friends that play soccer for Nichols. They had a seven on seven tournament where McNeese, Southern, Northwestern and ULM came to play that Sunday. They all wanted to know what was being built. You could see the parents from the other schools looking at the APC with that "What the hell is UL building and why do they get one and not us" look.

That "thing" is looking monsterous! Awesome, recruiting will be!

Looks like they are placing concrete for the meeting room/auditorium this morning. They also finished erecting red steel frame for the two story section yesterday and will be concentrating on the second floor frame before they finish the red steel frame for the rest of the building. The rest of the building (closest to Cajun Field) looks like it is locker/dressing rooms considering all the roughed in plumbing at that location.

My bad, looks like they are placing concrete for the second floor deck.

Looks like they are placing concrete for the meeting room/auditorium this morning. They also finished erecting red steel frame for the two story section yesterday and will be concentrating on the second floor frame before they finish the red steel frame for the rest of the building. The rest of the building (closest to Cajun Field) looks like it is locker/dressing rooms considering all the roughed in plumbing at that location.
    I noticed that too. But then again, there was the huge hydration thing.that was like a big hottubthat was placed closer/alongside the IPF, and where the locker room/wet area space is designated in the master plan drawing.so I don't know why there would be another locker room area close to Cajun Field??? Maybe for visitors? And in the master plan drawing, that is where the large meeting room is located.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    I noticed that too. But then again, there was the huge hydration thing.that was like a big hottubthat was placed closer/alongside the IPF, and where the locker room/wet area space is designated in the master plan drawing.so I don't know why there would be another locker room area close to Cajun Field??? Maybe for visitors? And in the master plan drawing, that is where the large meeting room is located.
    I think I would forget about the floor plan shown on the master plan. I am sure the plan was further developed during the design stage. It looks like the locker/dressing room will be adjacent to Cajun Field (why would they have it any place else). Notice all of the roughed in plumbing at that end of the building.

12. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

I think I would forget about the floor plan shown on the master plan. I am sure the plan was further developed during the design stage. It looks like the locker/dressing room will be adjacent to Cajun Field (why would they have it any place else). Notice all of the roughed in plumbing at that end of the building.
    ----I guess you have noticed the extended part of the basketball practice area---will that all be the weight room area?? I remember seeing the glassed area showing the IPF which I thought really looked great!! I know there are plans to use some of the parking area for the basketball deal---too bad they can't have an area at the Cajun Dome!!!

i just noticed this, and it probably doesnt need it because it is only two stories i believe, but there are no elevators. atleast i didnt see any shafts erected.

That's what she said "I didn't see any shafts erected"

Last edited by MelRock; March 25th, 2015 at 09:45 am. Reason: Hey LaTurd boys, no one wants your opinion either. No dogs were killed during this post.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    i just noticed this, and it probably doesnt need it because it is only two stories i believe, but there are no elevators. atleast i didnt see any shafts erected.
    "Erected shafts" are two words that should never be put together in a sentence on RP!!!

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information