Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    One of the first things T-Joe did when he took office was install RED roofs over the entrances to Girard Hall.

8 years later they look fantastic.

Coordinated red roofs on the IPF and APC would have been sweet.
    Another good thing Dr. Savoie did when first in office was to save the President's home. Dr. Authement had put plans in motion to tear it down to make more room for another academic building and move the President's home near Girard Park . part of his horse farm plan.

2. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Glad that did not happen. IMO a presidents home should be on campus if at all possible.

3. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Glad that did not happen. IMO a presidents home should be on campus if at all possible.
    ------Rating T-joe's job---the first category I will present are the facilities that have been or are presently being constructed----A+ any disagreements?? Oh and please compare to past construction and other school's progress!!!!

A . campus beautification (grounds & buildings)
    A . athletics . baseball, softball and football, etc.
    C+ . academics (weak on teacher raises, expanding admin & non-academic positions, no tier 1)

5. Louisiana Campus Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Cannot say Boomer, I do not often visit NW St, MoanRoe, RustOn, Brokeback U, but before Katrina UNO had lots of new stuff. All I know about Southern is the Bluff, the most scenic spot IMO of any campus, and I do love the bayou running though ULMost.

How do I rate the Wizard of UL? Hell the proof is in the buildings and accents.

6. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Cannot say Boomer, I do not often visit NW St, MoanRoe, RustOn, Brokeback U, but before Katrina UNO had lots of new stuff. All I know about Southern is the Bluff, the most scenic spot IMO of any campus, and I do love the bayou running though ULMost.

How do I rate the Wizard of UL? Hell the proof is in the buildings and accents.

-that is a fair response

wondering if there is a report that would show the building expenses at the different Campi say for the last 3 years??? Would that actually be in the yearly figures???

I have driven through NW, McMeese, LA Tech, and ULM and none of them have gone through the building boom UL has. I have walked our own campus for the first in a long time a month ago and it really is so much nicer than it was in the 80's or 90's. If you have not seen it you should take a walk on campus.

I saw a picture of one of the facilities a pro team uses a few days back and it looked pretty much the same. We don't have everything, but we are starting to have some really nice facilities.

Very few IPF look like anything but a big barn or warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I saw a picture of one of the facilities a pro team uses a few days back and it looked pretty much the same. We don't have everything, but we are starting to have some really nice facilities.
    http://www.olemisssports.com/genrel/062508aaa.html

Ole Miss indoor practice facility--red roof (good idea turbine) and bricks

any links to maybe facebook or something to see pics of the soccer/ track building going up.

i would imagine they have atleast poured concrete by now , the last pics i saw were a couple of weeks and they had rough in's done and plumbing risers out

Quote Originally Posted by uslol'dog View Post

Good point. We should use all of our SEC television money to build a facility like Ole Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ------Rating T-joe's job---the first category I will present are the facilities that have been or are presently being constructed----A+ any disagreements?? Oh and please compare to past construction and other school's progress!!!!
    Boomer, I have a file of "before" and "after" projects that have happened over the past 15 years or so. As you know there have been a lot of huge projects that have been completed. Its not completely finished and it's also in a Microsoft Word document.

Maybe Turbine can help me post it one day soon

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by uslol'dog View Post

Oldog. There is a reason most homes have vinyl or metal siding vs brick or stone. Cost. We already had to downgrade the facility a little because of cost. But by all means cut down on function and size and damn you got a nice bldg.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Boomer, I have a file of "before" and "after" projects that have happened over the past 15 years or so. As you know there have been a lot of huge projects that have been completed. Its not completely finished and it's also in a Microsoft Word document.

Boy, I would love to see that! Hope you can post it soon.

15. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post

---Would love to see the chronological breakdown and I guess I am really interested in the recent years---I mean the new apartments of the back and front of campus---the U---the parking garages---the demolishing and redoing of old buildings------also the athletic part of the Track/soccer---carpeting of the football field and IPF along with the baseball field---Total Paving of the athletic campus---ETC!!! And as you guys know so many more!!!

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information