Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I have to say in my opinion it would be nice to have an homage to the red brick of the main campus on all the structures at the athletics complex. The Cajundome was built that way and the new softball stadium has the red brick as an entry wall as well as inside the facility. I'm hoping the rest of the new construction will follow suit.
    If you look at the bottom left hand corner of the building where the Ragin Cajun logo is, doesn't that wall look like red brick? You have to enlarge your screen to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    If you look at the bottom left hand corner of the building where the Ragin Cajun logo is, doesn't that wall look like red brick? You have to enlarge your screen to see it.
    Yes, and there are also red brick columns in the main entrance.near the IPC, and under the 'Athletics' signage.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Yes, and there are also red brick columns in the main entrance.near the IPC, and under the 'Athletics' signage.
    Wonder how the Great Wall of Sheetmetal will look in 5-6 years, with wind dents and algae growing on it. How much does one brick cost? Put me in for 50!!
    Geez

.or the faux brick look like Baylor has on their new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by uslol'dog View Post
    Wonder how the Great Wall of Sheetmetal will look in 5-6 years, with wind dents and algae growing on it. How much does one brick cost? Put me in for 50!!
    Geez
    "Wind dents"???

Not too familiar with wind causing dents in sheet metal, unless we are talking about hurricane force, but I know an easy and very common solution to algae is a good pressure washer. There are actually a good amount of 1-2 man operations that will come pressure wash metal buildings for pretty cheap.

Why are you always so negative even with all of the exciting things going on with this athletic program?

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    "Wind dents"???

Not too familiar with wind causing dents in sheet metal, unless we are talking about hurricane force, but I know an easy and very common solution to algae is a good pressure washer. There are actually a good amount of 1-2 man operations that will come pressure wash metal buildings for pretty cheap.

Why are you always so negative even with all of the exciting things going on with this athletic program?
    Can't teach an ol'dog new tricks?

7. Louisiana Campus Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

He's an Oldog instead of a young Ragin'cajun. No doubt our fan base has been ULS'ed often. This is not one of those times. This could be a masonite sided building and still be nicer than 95% of the athletic programs in this country. Cannot compare yourself to Oregon unless you have a billionaire giving you unlimited money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He's an Oldog instead of a young Ragin'cajun. No doubt our fan base has been ULS'ed often. This is not one of those times. This could be a masonite sided building and still be nicer than 95% of the athletic programs in this country. Cannot compare yourself to Oregon unless you have a billionaire giving you unlimited money.
    I'm not always negative.
    We are so close

Look at the indoor. It's dirty and the building looks like, well, a huge barn. I know it's functional. But the face of your athletic program must be more than just functional. It Has to have some pizzazz.That's an old word

I'm not always negative.
    We are so close

Look at the indoor. It's dirty and the building looks like, well, a huge barn. I know it's functional. But the face of your athletic program must be more than just functional. It Has to have some pizzazz.That's an old word
    How much was your check?

Look at the indoor. It's dirty and the building looks like, well, a huge barn.
    I walked by this morning.its is a little dirty from all the construction. Once everything is complete, it will all be cleaned and the signs will be updated. It is more than a huge barn.

11. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Very few IPF look like anything but a big barn or warehouse

12. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

One of the first things T-Joe did when he took office was install RED roofs over the entrances to Girard Hall.

8 years later they look fantastic.

Coordinated red roofs on the IPF and APC would have been sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    One of the first things T-Joe did when he took office was install RED roofs over the entrances to Girard Hall.

8 years later they look fantastic.

Coordinated red roofs on the IPF and APC would have been sweet.
    I completely agree. I'm sure they'll at least paint the exterior walls to match the IPF, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan83 View Post
    I completely agree. I'm sure they'll at least paint the exterior walls to match the IPF, right?
    I don't think so. The draft shown at the ground breaking ceremony of the APC is a darker grey.

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information