Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My former career.
    I don't envy you in the least.

Looks like they won't be working today. High wind and rain makes slinging steel hard to do.

Looking at the structure, are we building another lean-to for the APC?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Looking at the structure, are we building another lean-to for the APC?
    The first portion of the APC could be considered a "lean to" for the IPF but not his section. It's just a building with a single sloped roof. I guess we will see if they put a parapet to hide it. The walls projecting above the roof are probably fire wall extensions used to isolate various elements of the build from each other in case of a fire. I would suspect that his building will be sprinkled though.

They are hanging steel today given that the wind has died down. I'm sure it's pretty cold working on the steel though.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The first portion of the APC could be considered a "lean to" for the IPF but not his section. It's just a building with a single sloped roof. I guess we will see if they put a parapet to hide it. The walls projecting above the roof are probably fire wall extensions used to isolate various elements of the build from each other in case of a fire. I would suspect that his building will be sprinkled though.

They are hanging steel today given that the wind has died down. I'm sure it's pretty cold working on the steel though.
    A parapet will make it look better. I have been trying to get to the trailer to see the prints to take a picture of them. At least the front elevation. Can't connect with the right person to do so.

This was the picture they used at the groundbreaking ceremony and from the looks of it, will be pretty much the final product. If you look at where it connects to the Moncla IPF, you can see the slope. Also in the foreground you can see where that section ends. That last vertical piece that is up and can be seen on the construction cam seems to be the end of that slanted section

That's an ugly building, but I guess it's what's inside that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    That's an ugly building, but I guess it's what's inside that counts.
    Have you ever noticed what we've been housed in for the past 40 yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Have you ever noticed what we've been housed in for the past 40 yrs?
    ahhhperspective is everything isn't it.

I think it's a pretty cool building. I'd just like it and the IPF to match (one way or the other) color-wise so that it looks like one big mega building.

I hope that the birds flying over in the APC picture are different in real life.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    I hope that the birds flying over in the APC picture are different in real life.
    HAHA! Whats up Cliff!?

Z

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I think it's a pretty cool building. I'd just like it and the IPF to match (one way or the other) color-wise so that it looks like one big mega building.
    I agree.I like it too. It blends in much better to the IPF than the version in the master plan.
    People just need to get used to other types of architecturelast thing we need is more stucco and wrought iron River ranch stufflol

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    I agree.I like it too. It blends in much better to the IPF than the version in the master plan.
    People just need to get used to other types of architecturelast thing we need is more stucco and wrought iron River ranch stufflol
    I have to say in my opinion it would be nice to have an homage to the red brick of the main campus on all the structures at the athletics complex. The Cajundome was built that way and the new softball stadium has the red brick as an entry wall as well as inside the facility. I'm hoping the rest of the new construction will follow suit.

15. Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

The roofing design blends more with the concession stands.

Since the only ones who will see the roofs are those siting in the upper deck, this is good.

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information