Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Construction Cam APC ( Athletic Performance Complex )

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Build a new grandstand that connects the bleachers, nothing wrong with the rest of the park. We don't need more than 4500 seats. 4800 max
    If there was enough corporate interest, I would be fine with adding suites above the 1st and 3rd base seats (like they are adding behind home plate) instead of the patio area.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    BTW, not sure of this deserved it's own thread, but I thought it was kind of interesting. I have been very curious as to how much is needed for reno's to the tigue and Cajun Field.I found this from an April 2014 article and thought I might share.
    So, if we have the $9 million from the two donors for the Tigue, why haven't they announced it, etc.?

(and here is the article it was posted ina pretty good read:
    http://collegead.org/ragin-cajun-athletics/)
    Tony spoke about the progress on the Tigue renovation at Diamond Club meeting on 2/10. He said that they have some pledges to the project, but would not specify an amount. He said they are looking between $10M-$15M for what they want. He has been given word that if he is able to raise 50% of the cost, then they can begin proceeding with hiring architects, etc for construction. As of now, they have not met the 50% mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    If there was enough corporate interest, I would be fine with adding suites above the 1st and 3rd base seats (like they are adding behind home plate) instead of the patio area.
    I'd be more than fine with that also

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Build a new grandstand that connects the bleachers, nothing wrong with the rest of the park. We don't need more than 4500 seats. 4800 max

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Tony spoke about the progress on the Tigue renovation at Diamond Club meeting on 2/10. He said that they have some pledges to the project, but would not specify an amount. He said they are looking between $10M-$15M for what they want. He has been given word that if he is able to raise 50% of the cost, then they can begin proceeding with hiring architects, etc for construction. As of now, they have not met the 50% mark.
    Well then let's take to social media and for a group to pledge funds for the Tigue renovation. Out of the box thinking works sometimes, even if it is far fetched and may get rediculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    So Rob has to go out and raise 50% of the money needed to beginSounds like the reason our softball coach left for lsu, coach and raise money.

They put the matching wind bent up this morning and now it appears they are shut down. I really don't like that. They should have been finished with that yesterday and they fought with it this morning. Something must not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    They put the matching wind bent up this morning and now it appears they are shut down. I really don't like that. They should have been finished with that yesterday and they fought with it this morning. Something must not be right.
    I am construction illiterate. What is the "matching wind bent up"?

It is the tall rectangular steel section to the upper right of the building. It is near the IPF. I should have said they put up the matching wind bent. That should have taken them two hours at most and they fiddled with it for about a day and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It is the tall rectangular steel section to the upper right of the building. It is near the IPF. I should have said they put up the matching wind bent. That should have taken them two hours at most and they fiddled with it for about a day and a half.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Helmut, you have such knowledge about construction: can you enlighten us why the reno to the Tigue would cost so much (~$9 million), especially if you compare it to the cost of the construction of the whole APC (~$13 million)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    Helmut, you have such knowledge about construction: can you enlighten us why the reno to the Tigue would cost so much (~$9 million), especially if you compare it to the cost of the construction of the whole APC (~$13 million)? Thanks.
    Can't tell without looking at the plans. However, they are two entirely different types of structures. Typically renovations do cost more on a square foot basis because you have to first demolish portions of the structure then build. Building from scratch is much easier. Renovations are typically a pain.

They are placing concrete in the area that is under roof this morning. Can't tell exactly what because of the lighting.

Helmut,

What is the MOC of the sides and top of the building. Looks like 1 good hurricane can take it for a ride. Any concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Helmut,

What is the MOC of the sides and top of the building. Looks like 1 good hurricane can take it for a ride. Any concerns?
    The cladding is attached using self tapping screws that have a rubber washer at the head. The washer is to prevent squeaks and leaks. These screws are placed at specific spacings depending on the location of the cladding relative to wind pressure zones. Hilti is a big fastener company These are some of the fasteners they make https://www.us.hilti.com/search?text.tapping+screws Typically, high wind pressure zones are at building corners, roof edges, hips and ridges. Additional fasteners are placed in these zones to account for the additional loads. These areas are heavily studied and are detailed in ASCE -07.

I suspect there will be a parapet wall along the facade adjacent to the Cox building so we will be able to see how they handle cladding attachment there.

They assembled the wind bent at the far end of the main building today. (the big hunkin peice of metal frame) This structure is one of the Main Wind Force Resisting (MWFR) systems of the building. It is basically the backbone of the structure. ASCE -07 details how to determine these loads too.

I would think they have this issue under control.

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information