Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Attendence?

1. Ragin' Cajuns Attendence?

Anyone know what the attendence was for tonight's game?
    By the way, MAJOR PROPS to the the owner of Frank's Casing for that HUGE donation to RCAF! Thank you for helping grow this GREAT PROGRAM!

2. Default Re: Attendence?

Official attendance: 12,141

Default Re: Attendence?

Attendance: 12141

source ragincajuns.com recap

Ugh, paltry.

5. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Attendence?

My wife and I were discussing this todayIf all of the tailgaters would come into the stadium, do you think it would make a huge difference?

So many people stayed home for 2 reasons. That purple abomination was manhandled on national tv and everyone would rather watch them then come to home game. Second the weather was iffy, and prolly friday people made the decision to wussy out and not come because water will make them deathly ill when it falls on them, even though no rain fell during the game. This is a joke. You go to the game, you see a better game than people saw on CBS. Good thing is the word will get out about this team. I personally am letting everyone I know who didnt go that they should be bashing their heads into walls for being a ____ing ninny and not coming to the game. Put on your big boy pants and get your ass to the game rain or shine.

7. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Attendence?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ So many people stayed home for 2 reasons. That purple abomination was manhandled on national tv and everyone would rather watch them then come to home game. Second the weather was iffy, and prolly friday people made the decision to wussy out and not come because water will make them deathly ill when it falls on them, even though no rain fell during the game. This is a joke. You go to the game, you see a better game than people saw on CBS. Good thing is the word will get out about this team. I personally am letting everyone I know who didnt go that they should be bashing their heads into walls for being a ____ing ninny and not coming to the game. Put on your big boy pants and get your ass to the game rain or shine. _
    I was there. I wore my big boy pants and was so happy to see my Vermillion and White win than watch those purple and YELLOW clowns lose. I bought me a $4 PANCHO so that I could protect my 20 year old Sony walkman from the MIST (not rain) so that I could listen to the MIGHTY JAY WALKER while I watched our boys put up a GREAT EFFORT. Weather is not an issue for me. My Cajuns are my TEAM. I had several invites to go watch those YELLOW CATS in BR.Why would I go watch a team I don't like get beat? 12K fans there tonight? Let the wins pile up and see how many BAND WAGONEERS we see in the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by longroof63 View Post
    _ My wife and I were discussing this todayIf all of the tailgaters would come into the stadium, do you think it would make a huge difference? _
    It would help.

My son is a pledge in a frat and my wife sent him a text in the 1st quarter telling him to get in the game. He replied that they could not because they had to stay until they actives left so they could clean up. That is unacceptable for students to stay outside and tailgate. In addition, the big crowd at Percy Guidry's tent all stayed out there and could be seen watching the Florida - State game. Percy Guidry's gets arguably the most prime tailgating spot and that is what they are doing. Hell I remember one game where a bunch of them had purple shirts and jerseys on. T-Joe and other admin officials need to ride the lot after kickoff and push these folks to get in the stadium. And he needs to tell them if they don't they shouldn't bother to come back the following week. (Yea. yea. I know I'm a mean ol' Nazi driving away the casual fan. Screw 'em, they are not supporting the team anyway.) As for the frats, he needs to call them in to his office for a come to Jesus meeting about supporting their university and its teams.

I was at the game yesterday, brought the poncheauxs but luckly didn't have to use them, wish I would have brought a jacket though. It was pretty chilly in the swamp with shorts on.

I was in a frat and I don't remember that being a rule when we tailgated. We had to make sure our letters were on the field, and then be at the game.

Could the University make a rule that tailgaters had to geaux to the game unless it was sold out and no more tickets were available? I just don't know if this would make people mad and keep them from coming.

Either way this was great, and almost heartbreaking game after being up by 10. Attendence was disapointing though.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Attendance was very disappointing. I park in D section and when the wife and I went to get our stadium seats out of our car just prior to the start of the game I noticed that section C was not full at all. i mentioned to my wife that as the parking spots move up closer to the stadium I would suspect that the people who park there are big fans but I could not tell from last nite.

Take care of business at Western and then push attendance for homecoming.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ Attendance: 12141

source ragincajuns.com recap _
    Reasons why:
    LSU vs. Florida on TV and the game was in BR.
    UL vs. NT was on TV and the weather was iffy so many stayed home and watched it on TV that might normally go to the game.

Student section was embarrasing. The ones that showed up did their part and were loud. The ones that didn't show up (or stayed outside tailgating) need a serious come to Jesus meeting.

Also, the NT fans were pretty loud and the cheerleaders were nice. Saw them walking around before the game stuffing their faces with some good food lol.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ It would help.

My son is a pledge in a frat and my wife sent him a text in the 1st quarter telling him to get in the game. He replied that they could not because they had to stay until they actives left so they could clean up. That is unacceptable for students to stay outside and tailgate. In addition, the big crowd at Percy Guidry's tent all stayed out there and could be seen watching the Florida - State game. Percy Guidry's gets arguably the most prime tailgating spot and that is what they are doing. Hell I remember one game where a bunch of them had purple shirts and jerseys on. T-Joe and other admin officials need to ride the lot after kickoff and push these folks to get in the stadium. And he needs to tell them if they don't they shouldn't bother to come back the following week. (Yea. yea. I know I'm a mean ol' Nazi driving away the casual fan. Screw 'em, they are not supporting the team anyway.) As for the frats, he needs to call them in to his office for a come to Jesus meeting about supporting their university and its teams. _

I have held the view for some time that people in the parking lot should either be made to leave the premises or go into the game by the end of the first quarter. It has often run into roadblocks from those who of course have to make themselves feel better about being able to go back out at halftime and get tanked or watch LSU on TV. I don't understand why this isn't enforced. Not to mention it would curb the theft that tends to go on by those hanging around for a substantial amount of time. I've had ice chests removed and small grills although nothing of great value but it does occur.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I have held the view for some time that people in the parking lot should either be made to leave the premises or go into the game by the end of the first quarter. It has often run into roadblocks from those who of course have to make themselves feel better about being able to go back out at halftime and get tanked or watch LSU on TV. I don't understand why this isn't enforced. Not to mention it would curb the theft that tends to go on by those hanging around for a substantial amount of time. I've had ice chests removed and small grills although nothing of great value but it does occur. _
    I strongly disagree. and I have never gone to a Cajun football game and stayed in the parking lot, ever in my life (and I've been to many, many games). I have also never left at halftime to go to the lot for alcohol. That said. this is a free country. almost. well, so far it has been. and the absolute dumbest thing we as UL could do is impose something so stupid wrt tailgating as to mandate people to leave or go inside. People who wear red and go tailgate are 50x better than people who never ever show up. Do you also believe Lafayette should blackout all college football on Saturday in Lafayette for UL home games so that everyone will "want" to go to Cajun Field?

It is perfectly ok not to like it that some people prefer to tailgate all day, watching the Disney Channel for all I care. They will not bend to someone telling them to go inside. We also cannot police the lot well enough to keep good people in and bad people out. People reserve the right to come into the game or stay in the parking lot and do anything they want that is legal. Would I prefer everyone get into the game. hell yes.

You do not make fans out of people who prefer to do something else. It is as pure and predictable as gravity. They will abandon us as "partially involved" to "not involved at all". We have got to make what goes on in Cajun Field more of an attraction. We are competing for people's interest. and we all should know by now what that takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I strongly disagree. and I have never gone to a Cajun football game and stayed in the parking lot, ever in my life (and I've been to many, many games). I have also never left at halftime to go to the lot for alcohol. That said. this is a free country. almost. well, so far it has been. and the absolute dumbest thing we as UL could do is impose something so stupid wrt tailgating as to mandate people to leave or go inside. People who wear red and go tailgate are 50x better than people who never ever show up. Do you also believe Lafayette should blackout all college football on Saturday in Lafayette for UL home games so that everyone will "want" to go to Cajun Field?

It is perfectly ok not to like it that some people prefer to tailgate all day, watching the Disney Channel for all I care. They will not bend to someone telling them to go inside. We also cannot police the lot well enough to keep good people in and bad people out. People reserve the right to come into the game or stay in the parking lot and do anything they want that is legal. Would I prefer everyone get into the game. hell yes.

You do not make fans out of people who prefer to do something else. It is as pure and predictable as gravity. They will abandon us as "partially involved" to "not involved at all". We have got to make what goes on in Cajun Field more of an attraction. We are competing for people's interest. and we all should know by now what that takes. _

It's not stupid and its mandated on many college football sites across the country. We all know its a free country. That's such a stupid rebuttal and reason for not doing so. It has nothing to do with the freedom's of people in this country. It has nothing to do with "good" people and "bad" people. It simply has to do with the fact that being in a dark parking lot, more than likely intoxicated, late in the evening does the school or team no good. It's better to get people on their way or into the stadium to support the team. You aren't competing for people's interest if you allow them to loiter in the parking lot.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information