Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendence?

Default Re: Attendence?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Student section was embarrasing. The ones that showed up did their part and were loud. The ones that didn't show up (or stayed outside tailgating) need a serious come to Jesus meeting.

Also, the NT fans were pretty loud and the cheerleaders were nice. Saw them walking around before the game stuffing their faces with some good food lol.

igeaux.mobi _
    The problem with the student section is that it is to big. There is no way that the students should be given 3 sections. Shrink it down to 1 or 2 and the section would look much fuller. Also make it so that you have to actually be a student to get into the section!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ It would help.

My son is a pledge in a frat and my wife sent him a text in the 1st quarter telling him to get in the game. He replied that they could not because they had to stay until they actives left so they could clean up. That is unacceptable for students to stay outside and tailgate. In addition, the big crowd at Percy Guidry's tent all stayed out there and could be seen watching the Florida - State game. Percy Guidry's gets arguably the most prime tailgating spot and that is what they are doing. Hell I remember one game where a bunch of them had purple shirts and jerseys on. T-Joe and other admin officials need to ride the lot after kickoff and push these folks to get in the stadium. And he needs to tell them if they don't they shouldn't bother to come back the following week. (Yea... yea... I know I'm a mean ol' Nazi driving away the casual fan. Screw 'em, they are not supporting the team anyway.) As for the frats, he needs to call them in to his office for a come to Jesus meeting about supporting their university and its teams. _

Simple solution: In the first quarter have security go aroung the parking lot and tell folks there that no "LOITERING" is premitted. If they have a ticket go to the game or tear down the area and leave. No law that's says this cant be done. And it should be done.

To those "fans" or students who went to the LSU game last night,

Thank you for driving 50 miles down the road to see the Tigers play. Our players played their hearts out last night for only 12,000 true UL fans and you weren't there to see it. The student section, and frankly, the rest of the stadium looked pathetic and you are the ones responsible for that.

You missed a game that featured multiple Cajun interceptions, one returned for a touchdown. You missed a game in which the special teams once again came through with a blocked punt returned for a touchdown. You missed a game that, whlle the Cajuns didn't play well, they found a way to win and they did it in exciting fashion.

You missed watching a Cajun team that doesn't have "superstars", trillions of dollars in funding (see the LSU cribs video on YouTube) and now, apparently, doesn't have your support unless its convenient for you.

Yeah, maybe you did see two top five teams play last night. But while you drove home in drunken disappointment, we went home happy. Maybe we weren't 100% satisfied with how we played, but we won, we're undefeated in conference, and that's all that matters today.

Now I'm not suggesting that you can't be a fan of both schools. However, as much as it pains me to say this, we need you at our games supporting our team EVERY week. It's time for you (especially the students) to start supporting this program like it deserves. We've heard for years that people wanted to support a winner. Well, we're 3-2, undefeated in conference (and at home) and playing to win instead of trying to not lose.

The team has stepped up to the plate. Now it's time for you to do the same. Next time, instead of driving 50 miles down the road, why don't you come to the game in YOUR city and watch OUR team play. Spend your money HERE instead and enjoy being a part of the success that you will help build instead of contribute to the success of another school that frankly doesn't need your help to win.

Let's not talk anymore about the LaTechsters needing blue tarps. We could have used a ton of red ones last night.

How embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    _ To those "fans" or students who went to the LSU game last night,

Thank you for driving 50 miles down the road to see the Tigers play. Our players played their hearts out last night for only 12,000 true UL fans and you weren't there to see it. The student section, and frankly, the rest of the stadium looked pathetic and you are the ones responsible for that.

You missed a game that featured multiple Cajun interceptions, one returned for a touchdown. You missed a game in which the special teams once again came through with a blocked punt returned for a touchdown. You missed a game that, whlle the Cajuns didn't play well, they found a way to win and they did it in exciting fashion.

You missed watching a Cajun team that doesn't have "superstars", trillions of dollars in funding (see the LSU cribs video on YouTube) and now, apparently, doesn't have your support unless its convenient for you.

Yeah, maybe you did see two top five teams play last night. But while you drove home in drunken disappointment, we went home happy. Maybe we weren't 100% satisfied with how we played, but we won, we're undefeated in conference, and that's all that matters today.

Now I'm not suggesting that you can't be a fan of both schools. However, as much as it pains me to say this, we need you at our games supporting our team EVERY week. It's time for you (especially the students) to start supporting this program like it deserves. We've heard for years that people wanted to support a winner. Well, we're 3-2, undefeated in conference (and at home) and playing to win instead of trying to not lose.

The team has stepped up to the plate. Now it's time for you to do the same. Next time, instead of driving 50 miles down the road, why don't you come to the game in YOUR city and watch OUR team play. Spend your money HERE instead and enjoy being a part of the success that you will help build instead of contribute to the success of another school that frankly doesn't need your help to win. _

Touche'

That also holds true for those camped out in the parking lot who felt it more convenient to watch the games on TV rather than go inside.

6. Default Re: Attendence?

I don't like seeing the loiterers either but I am totally against stifling peripheral interest.

At this point in time peripheral interest is the only thing growing the program, I promise you it's not going 6-6 although that doesn't hurt.

Now if someone say the program isn't growing I beg to differ, at the turn of the century 9,000 on a clear day was seen. 12,000 on a rainy, option laden day is growth and future growth can be seen through the peripheral interest.

Don't kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I don't like seeing the loiterers either but I am totally against stifling peripheral interest.

At this point in time peripheral interest is the only thing growing the program, I promise you it's not going 6-6 although that doesn't hurt.

Now if someone say the program isn't growing I beg to differ, at the turn of the century 9,000 on a clear day was seen. 12,000 on a rainy, option laden day is growth and future growth can be seen through the peripheral interest.

Don't kill it. _

You are not stifling peripheral interest! Whatever that is....You are making it a better environment outside the stadium, reducing your liability of stupid incidents that can occur and moving people along if they are unwilling to go to the stadium. To me, you are promoting a support plan rather than deterring one.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ It's not stupid and its mandated on many college football sites across the country. We all know its a free country. That's such a stupid rebuttal and reason for not doing so. It has nothing to do with the freedom's of people in this country. It has nothing to do with "good" people and "bad" people. It simply has to do with the fact that being in a dark parking lot, more than likely intoxicated, late in the evening does the school or team no good. It's better to get people on their way or into the stadium to support the team. You aren't competing for people's interest if you allow them to loiter in the parking lot. _
    If you think we have minimal fan interest and support right now, compared to other southern football programs that we compete for recruits, you go ahead and shut down tailgating at kickoff. You hire the security and support the law enforcement required. It isn't going to happen, so I'm not too concerned about it.

My "stupid rebuttal" regarding freedom of choice has to do with choosing to leave or go inside. Many tailgating groups have half attendees of the game and others who just tailgate. We could lose both groups in many cases if we shut down the tailgating at kickoff. We need company's to enjoy setting up their tents and RVs and not worrying about taking the stuff down or leaving until later. I know people who have their employees help with the tailgating and require them to stay in the parking lot to watch their stuff. They do whatever the hell they want while the rest of the group goes to the game. You don't understand marketing and what it will take at UL to build up a more substantial following in Acadiana. If I hadn't traveled the south and seen how programs, both small and large, have built their systems, I wouldn't argue with you.

UL needs to stop widdling on the pathetic minimalness of the existing issues and create much, much larger luxurious ones. Battling the parking lotters is absolutely a fool's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ If you think we have minimal fan interest and support right now, compared to other southern football programs that we compete for recruits, you go ahead and shut down tailgating at kickoff. You hire the security and support the law enforcement required. It isn't going to happen, so I'm not too concerned about it.

My "stupid rebuttal" regarding freedom of choice has to do with choosing to leave or go inside. Many tailgating groups have half attendees of the game and others who just tailgate. We could lose both groups in many cases if we shut down the tailgating at kickoff. We need company's to enjoy setting up their tents and RVs and not worrying about taking the stuff down or leaving until later. I know people who have their employees help with the tailgating and require them to stay in the parking lot to watch their stuff. They do whatever the hell they want while the rest of the group goes to the game. You don't understand marketing and what it will take at UL to build up a more substantial following in Acadiana. If I hadn't traveled the south and seen how programs, both small and large, have built their systems, I wouldn't argue with you.

UL needs to stop widdling on the pathetic minimalness of the existing issues and create much, much larger luxurious ones. Battling the parking lotters is absolutely a fool's game. _

LOL! Marketing? If that is what you call it, you are right I don't understand it. First of all, I didn't suggest making people leave at kickoff. I suggested the end of the first quarter but that can be ammended. BTW, its an idea that has come up and is still being considered so it can't be that dumb. The psyche of many cajun fans is so fragile. How dare someone ask us to go to the game since they are here to support the team thus risking us losing potential fans. Maybe, just maybe it works the opposite. What is some of those sitting in the parking lot last night had gone into the game and come away with a great experience after watching an awesome game with lots of action and would want to go back more?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    _ To those "fans" or students who went to the LSU game last night,

The team has stepped up to the plate. Now it's time for you to do the same. Next time, instead of driving 50 miles down the road, why don't you come to the game in YOUR city and watch OUR team play. Spend your money HERE instead and enjoy being a part of the success that you will help build instead of contribute to the success of another school that frankly doesn't need your help to win. _
    Outstanding! Please copy this and send it to the Vermillion.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ LOL! Marketing? If that is what you call it, you are right I don't understand it. First of all, I didn't suggest making people leave at kickoff. I suggested the end of the first quarter but that can be ammended. BTW, its an idea that has come up and is still being considered so it can't be that dumb. The psyche of many cajun fans is so fragile. How dare someone ask us to go to the game since they are here to support the team thus risking us losing potential fans. Maybe, just maybe it works the opposite. What is some of those sitting in the parking lot last night had gone into the game and come away with a great experience after watching an awesome game with lots of action and would want to go back more? _
    OK Zephyr... we can battle infinitum. I'm explaining that there are people in that parking lot that are supporting those who are in that game. We cannot get all of them in the stadium. Those who have missed out on big game highlights are some of the people who used to be in the parking lot, but now have chosen to go into the game instead. The parking lot tailgating... even that which extends late into the evening... is a support mechanism of our program... not a detraction from it. It is not where we need to harvest more attendees. We will harvest larger attendance when the minds of the humans at large decide sitting inside Cajun Field is their ass location for the evening... not before.

You and all of T-Joe's men cannot force a higher attendance. When they like what's served, they will dine in the restaurant... not a single second before. But yes... if you own the parking lot... you may run off those who sit outside while others dine. I think you will lose those in the parking lot and a section of those inside.

At least those LSU fans support the Cajuns as well. We need as many fans as we can get, even if they stay out in the parking lot to watch the LSU game. These fans might just come in when LSU is not playing when we play.
    Better to have them there than to not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ The problem with the student section is that it is to big. There is no way that the students should be given 3 sections. Shrink it down to 1 or 2 and the section would look much fuller. Also make it so that you have to actually be a student to get into the section! _
    Shrink it down to one section on the other side of the Band. Sell Season tickets will chairbacks in the center of that side.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ At least those LSU fans support the Cajuns as well. We need as many fans as we can get, even if they stay out in the parking lot to watch the LSU game. These fans might just come in when LSU is not playing when we play.
    Better to have them there than to not be there. _
    How are they supporting UL when staying out in a parking lot to watch State? You may be assuming they bought a ticket but just didn't use it; I'm assuming they just showed up to tailgate at a spot purchased by one person or company. they are not in the stadium buying concessions, not is the stadium supporting the team in their efforts, etc. They are just outside partying all afternoon watching another team play without the hassles of driving to BR and fighting the traffic to achieve a "game day" tailgating experience.

But aside form the "casual fans" there is no excuse for students not being in the game. Frat pledges at other schools such as "big time" programs like State are required to go to every game. If they can't get a student ticket they have to go to the frat house and sign up and the frat arranges tickets. They demand loyalty and support from the students and I don't hear any whining from them about it.

15. Default Re: Attendence?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Reasons why:
    LSU vs. Florida on TV and the game was in BR.
    UL vs. NT was on TV and the weather was iffy so many stayed home and watched it on TV that might normally go to the game. _
    ...also, Festivals Acadiens and ArtWalk were going on. I don't know that either had an effect, but this was a very busy weekend in Acadiana (a problem they don't have in Baton Rouge).

Furthermore, people were treating the LSU/Florida game like the Super Bowl. Even people who would normally go to the UL game probably felt pressured to watch the LSU game just because it was such a big deal (to some, not me).

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information