Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Thread: Attendence?

1. Default a semi-fictitious story

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Again, more of our readers (based on surveys and online feedback) care about LSU,
    igeaux.mobi
    Once upon a time the polls and surveys showed that Motorola had a lock on the phone market . . .

Apple did a survey that simply asked is there a market for another phone? The answer was... NO! They were told there was more potential in building apps for the phone across the basin.

Draw your own conclusions.

Default Re: Attendence?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    _ To those "fans" or students who went to the LSU game last night,

Thank you for driving 50 miles down the road to see the Tigers play. Our players played their hearts out last night for only 12,000 true UL fans and you weren't there to see it. The student section, and frankly, the rest of the stadium looked pathetic and you are the ones responsible for that.

You missed a game that featured multiple Cajun interceptions, one returned for a touchdown. You missed a game in which the special teams once again came through with a blocked punt returned for a touchdown. You missed a game that, whlle the Cajuns didn't play well, they found a way to win and they did it in exciting fashion.

You missed watching a Cajun team that doesn't have "superstars", trillions of dollars in funding (see the LSU cribs video on YouTube) and now, apparently, doesn't have your support unless its convenient for you.

Yeah, maybe you did see two top five teams play last night. But while you drove home in drunken disappointment, we went home happy. Maybe we weren't 100% satisfied with how we played, but we won, we're undefeated in conference, and that's all that matters today.

Now I'm not suggesting that you can't be a fan of both schools. However, as much as it pains me to say this, we need you at our games supporting our team EVERY week. It's time for you (especially the students) to start supporting this program like it deserves. We've heard for years that people wanted to support a winner. Well, we're 3-2, undefeated in conference (and at home) and playing to win instead of trying to not lose.

The team has stepped up to the plate. Now it's time for you to do the same. Next time, instead of driving 50 miles down the road, why don't you come to the game in YOUR city and watch OUR team play. Spend your money HERE instead and enjoy being a part of the success that you will help build instead of contribute to the success of another school that frankly doesn't need your help to win. _
    What they really missed was one of the sloppiest games played by 2 inept teams that most HS teams could play as well as. I know. I drove 50 miles the other way and went to the UL game.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I see us (UL) as the wife who gave Lafayette it's children and LSU as this hot girlfriend in another city. Lafayette just cannot get away from the girlfriend's hotness and uses it to batter the wife 24/7.
    Great analogy... You know I have been a Saints fan since 1967.... and have seen the ebb and flow of support.... Now it is again popular to be a Saints fan but for many years I was the battered wife.... the butt of soo many jokes... and the same is true to an extent with a&m.. since the Curley Halmann years they have had the tummy tuck.. the face lift... the boob job... and now everyone is enamored with them....For better or worse I am wedded to the Cajuns..............

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    _ What they really missed was one of the sloppiest games played by 2 inept teams that most HS teams could play as well as. I know. I drove 50 miles the other way and went to the UL game. _
    I'm not going to say the UL was well played but high school? You are just saying that for effect I'm sure. I found the UL game entertaining overall and exciting at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I'm not going to say the UL was well played but high school? You are just saying that for effect I'm sure. I found the UL game entertaining overall and exciting at the end. _
    The game was extraordinarily exciting from beginning to end........ He was just a troll

Our marketing, and I use that term loosely, has to do a better job. Did anyone know that Geno Delafose was playing by the Oak Tree last week? I had no idea. Jamie Bergeron & Kickin' Cajuns are playing for Homecoming.

We need a massive marketing campaign for the next three home games, just imagine the stadium sold out for a victory over Troy!!!

I agree the bands playing should be advertized more along with the games. Something along the lines of come out to the Swamp and cheer the CAJUNS onto another Sunbelt Conference Championship, or something like that.

I'm trying to remember the last billboard or even commercial on T.V. advertizing an upcoming game, and I can't, and I think that is a problem.

8. Default Re: Attendence?

Why don't we have a 'battle red' saturday night game once a year?! The university could go several ways with that.
    igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Attendence?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN_LXA685 View Post
    _ We need a massive marketing campaign for the next three home games, just imagine the stadium sold out for a victory over Troy!!!

I agree the bands playing should be advertized more along with the games. Something along the lines of come out to the Swamp and cheer the CAJUNS onto another Sunbelt Conference Championship, or something like that.

I'm trying to remember the last billboard or even commercial on T.V. advertizing an upcoming game, and I can't, and I think that is a problem. _
    stop and think about this: how often do you see ads or billboards promoting this university period? i don't mean here in lafayette, but across the state or region. what about radio ads outside this area? ever hear any? just wondering.

10. Default Re: Attendence?

Hey, at least count this Tech fan as someone who came to see you guys play North Texas instead of watching Loser State University. Tech plays at Utah State this weekend, so I'll be back with my girlfriend in Lafayette, watching you guys this Saturday. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Saint View Post
    _ stop and think about this: how often do you see ads or billboards promoting this university period? i don't mean here in lafayette, but across the state or region. what about radio ads outside this area? ever hear any? just wondering. _
    There was actually a low power AM station in NOLA that carried our games in the late 80's early 90's before we feel apart. I know it is easy to say but winning would solve all our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
    _ Hey, at least count this Tech fan as someone who came to see you guys play North Texas instead of watching Loser State University. Tech plays at Utah State this weekend, so I'll be back with my girlfriend in Lafayette, watching you guys this Saturday. Good luck. _

Congrats to Tech for their win last week and good luck this week. Glad to see you will be attending another UL game. Should be a good one Saturday.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I have held the view for some time that people in the parking lot should either be made to leave the premises or go into the game by the end of the first quarter. It has often run into roadblocks from those who of course have to make themselves feel better about being able to go back out at halftime and get tanked or watch LSU on TV. I don't understand why this isn't enforced. Not to mention it would curb the theft that tends to go on by those hanging around for a substantial amount of time. I've had ice chests removed and small grills although nothing of great value but it does occur. _
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...1&sportCat=nfl

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Thread Information