Thread: Sun Belt Rankings - Week 5

Default Sun Belt Rankings - Week 5

Here is how the ranking shaped up after week 5. I put the rating to show how close together some teams rate.

1) 6.70 UL-Monroe (3-2)
    2) 6.61 Middle Tennessee (3-1)
    3) 6.37 Louisiana (2-2)
    4) 5.78 Troy (2-2)
    5) 5.45 Arkansas State (1-3)
    6) 5.04 Florida International (0-4)
    7) 4.87 North Texas (1-3)
    8) 4.54 Western Kentucky (0-4)
    8) 4.54 Florida Atlantic (0-4)

Default Re: Sun Belt Rankings - Week 5

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Here is how the ranking shaped up after week 5. I put the rating to show how close together some teams rate.

1) 6.70 UL-Monroe (3-2)
    2) 6.61 Middle Tennessee (3-1)
    3) 6.37 Louisiana (2-2)
    4) 5.78 Troy (2-2)
    5) 5.45 Arkansas State (1-3)
    6) 5.04 Florida International (0-4)
    7) 4.87 North Texas (1-3)
    8) 4.54 Western Kentucky (0-4)
    8) 4.54 Florida Atlantic (0-4) _

Dude, come on. I'm not sure how you're getting this ranking but I don't get it. I've stated from day one that ULM was going to be a sleeper but I wouldn't rate them higher than Troy or ASU. Middle is way overrated and they're showing it right now against Troy. I don't think we've earned that #2 spot yet and I'll wait to put us there until we play 3 games in conference. No way I'd put FAU behind WKU. I know they've had a tough season and have a terrible defense but they aren't the worst team in the conference. JMO. I love the post though.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Dude, come on. I'm not sure how you're getting this ranking but I don't get it. I've stated from day one that ULM was going to be a sleeper but I wouldn't rate them higher than Troy or ASU. Middle is way overrated and they're showing it right now against Troy. I don't think we've earned that #2 spot yet and I'll wait to put us there until we play 3 games in conference. No way I'd put FAU behind WKU. I know they've had a tough season and have a terrible defense but they aren't the worst team in the conference. JMO. I love the post though. _
    The higher rating for us and Middle is due to beating BCS teams. Plus, the numbers are based on overall records and win/loss of opponents (SOS).

I just entered the numbers for last night and Troy is still behind Middle, but just barely. Middle's rating jumped 0.08 while Troy's rating jumped 0.83 and Troy is now ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ The higher rating for us and Middle is due to beating BCS teams. Plus, the numbers are based on overall records and win/loss of opponents (SOS).

I just entered the numbers for last night and Troy is still behind Middle, but just barely. Middle's rating jumped 0.08 while Troy's rating jumped 0.83 and Troy is now ahead of us. _

That's always one of those rating things that I don't understand. Troy goes into a tough environment and beats ASU, then pimp slaps MTSU at home and they are still ranked behind both?

I understand the whole win vs a BCS school and such but you are looking at things subjectively as its hard to gauge where those schools stand in relation to our conference. On the other hand, Troy is going out and actually beating the teams in conference and is still ranked behind them even though they are superior in talent and own wins over these teams. You got to admit that it doesn't seem right.

I understand what you are saying. Don't worry though, as Troy keeps winning they will keep climbing.

Thread Information