Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fall Practice Underway at Moore Field (Sundays moved to evening)

1. UL Baseball Fall Practice Underway at Moore Field (Sundays moved to evening)

The Ragin' Cajuns baseball team is currently conducting fall drills at M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field. Practice wraps up with the annual Fall World Series Oct. 30-Nov. 1.

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns baseball team returned to the field Monday to begin their second week of fall practice at M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field.
    Practices will be held the remainder of the month of October on Monday-Friday from 2:15-3:45 p.m., with an intrasquad scrimmage to follow. The squad will take Saturdays off and finish up weekly practice on Sundays from 1:00-3:00 p.m.

The annual Fall World Series will be held the weekend of Oct. 30-Nov. 1. Head coach Tony Robichaux has designed this year's series to mimic a regular season weekend series with games scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The senior members of the team will hold a draft as the series draws near. The rosters will be announced and posted on www.ragincajuns.com.

The best-of-three series will start Friday, Oct. 30 at 6:30 p.m.

In an effort to simulate playing in night-time conditions the staff has elected to move Sunday's fall practices to 6:30 p.m. The squad will conduct an intrasquad scrimmage on that day.

Week of Oct. 5-11
    Monday-Friday 2:15-3:45 p.m., intrasquad to follow
    Saturday OFF
    Sunday Intrasquad Scrimmage @ 6:30 p.m.

Week of Oct. 12-18
    Saturday OFF

Week of Oct. 19-25
    Saturday OFF

Week of Oct. 26-Nov. 1
    Monday-Thursday 2:15-3:45 p.m., intrasquad to follow
    Friday, Oct. 30 Fall World Series Game #1 @ 6:30 p.m.
    Saturday, Oct. 31 Fall World Series Game #2 @ 2:00 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 1 Fall World Series Game #3 @ 1:00 p.m. (if necessary)

UL SI
    Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Fall Practice Underway at Moore Field

From a seven game series to five now three. Next we play one game for all the marbleswhat's the reason for less games each year?

UL Baseball Re: Fall Practice Underway at Moore Field

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ From a seven game series to five now three. Next we play one game for all the marbleswhat's the reason for less games each year? _
    Good question.

4. Default Re: Fall Practice Underway at Moore Field

_ From a seven game series to five now three. Next we play one game for all the marbleswhat's the reason for less games each year? _
    Black uniforms, yep that's it. uh huh

I hate em. Well not hate but you know

From a seven game series to five now three. Next we play one game for all the marbleswhat's the reason for less games each year?
    Fewer games to allow new artificial turf to be installed at Moore Field. Pretty good reason, in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Fewer games to allow new artificial turf to be installed at Moore Field. Pretty good reason, in my mind. _
    Baseball was meant to be played on grass and dirt. JMO. I'm also the type that doesn't like field crews either. Players gain a sense of pride when they work on their own field.

Rant off.

The artificial turf will save time and money for the players and coaches. Robe will find something else for his guys to do.

igeaux.mobi

_ The artificial turf will save time and money for the players and coaches. Robe will find something else for his guys to do.

igeaux.mobi _
    I know it's for the best, but I'm old school when it comes to working on the field.

I have trouble watching football play on plastic, baseball can forget it.

If you are young and don't enjoy watching baseball and football on turf, you better get in all the games you can now because it looks like you will be staying home quit a bit.

Fewer games to allow new artificial turf to be installed at Moore Field. Pretty good reason, in my mind.
    So am I to understand that they are going to squeeze this in prior to the start of the season?

_ Fewer games to allow new artificial turf to be installed at Moore Field. Pretty good reason, in my mind. _
    And when might this start. If they start the day after the necessary third game on Nov.1, they will have 111 days, Nov. 2-Feb 19 to complete the installion. With no rain and more than 2-3 people working on it they might get it done in time.

And the softball field has the same number of days 111, Oct.24-Feb.12 to complete it if we are to sit in the stands and box seats.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ Baseball was meant to be played on grass and dirt. JMO. I'm also the type that doesn't like field crews either. Players gain a sense of pride when they work on their own field.

Rant off. _
    You got damn right. I have disagreed with this move from the word go.

I was all for them resurfacing and evening the field out and putting in better drainage, I guess I will just have to live with it

_ And when might this start. If they start the day after the necessary third game on Nov.1, they will have 111 days, Nov. 2-Feb 19 to complete the installion. With no rain and more than 2-3 people working on it they might get it done in time.

And the softball field has the same number of days 111, Oct.24-Feb.12 to complete it if we are to sit in the stands and box seats. _
    AD David Walker told me a few weeks ago it would be before fall world series, but things appear to have slowed up in the bid process. Tony told me today he was not sure whether the turf would be done before or after the world series.

15. Default Re: Fall Practice Underway at Moore Field

I'm not against turf per say . . .

However, I don't like the idea that to make this work UL will need to cut out more than a few strips of turf and place them on a roof somewhere so they can fade evenly with the rest of the field in order to replace the base areas that wear out rather fast.

Just leave the base paths dirt and I am happy.

Also couldn't UL have hired Lawn & Order cheaper?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information