Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    There are subtle things that happen in the game of basketball that sometimes go unnoticed.

Jay Wright really struggled early in the game. Bob took him out and let him watch for a while. It's obvious while he watched the game slowed down for him. When Coach put him back in, Wright helped lead the big comeback.

It was a brilliant coaching move. And I bet most folks never noticed.
    Well I noticed it in the postgame, when you mentioned it.

Good catch, Jay. Right on the money.

Man, what a game. These guys have grit.

Seems like Cajuns teams across the board have come to develop a no-quit attitude. From some incredible softball comebacks, to our football team fighting back and Haack leading a comeback drive, to them not giving up on a disappointing season and finishing strong, to our regional comeback in baseball, to our volleyball team falling down 2-0 in more than one match and storming back.

Man. these kids are really defining what it means to be a RAGIN' Cajun.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Great game. Absolutely clutch getting up by four at end, didn't leave it in a situation for the refs to influence the outcome.

Line of the night (when Jr Hunter took it in the nads) "Hey Junior, why don't you get daddy to come rub it for you." Daddy is one of the biggest tools to set foot on a Cajun court.

Here's your meltdown.
    http://georgiastate.247sports.com/Bo.hread-34528798
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The GSU board is zero. I checked their scout board and not a damn thing I guess the GSu team are one lonely bunch on campus
    Their board is zero because it probably crashed when the entire Atlanta greater metropolitan area (which they own) attempted to post at the same time.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    There are subtle things that happen in the game of basketball that sometimes go unnoticed.

Jay Wright really struggled early in the game. Bob took him out and let him watch for a while. It's obvious while he watched the game slowed down for him. When Coach put him back in, Wright helped lead the big comeback.

It was a brilliant coaching move. And I bet most folks never noticed.
    Might be brilliant. For sure most coaches would pull him. He was a turnover machine in that time.

We were in danger of being down twenty. Jay was helpful in the surge

I bet most people were like me hoping to get it to single diget by half. Gotta admit I got greedy an wanted the lead as the half ended.

"We had to fight back a few times to come back and get the lead, but we won this game at the free throw line tonight," Marlin said."
    Absolutely! Anyone remember the last time we shot 80% plus from the line!? Guessing it was at Blackham!!?

Quote Originally Posted by NickatNite View Post
    "We had to fight back a few times to come back and get the lead, but we won this game at the free throw line tonight," Marlin said."
    Absolutely! Anyone remember the last time we shot 80% plus from the line!? Guessing it was at Blackham!!?
    If Marlin's past 4 teams shot even 70%, I'd be willing to bet we'd have at minimum 20 more W 's over those years. The last 3 years, this would have been an L.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Might be brilliant. For sure most coaches would pull him. He was a turnover machine in that time.

We were in danger of being down twenty. Jay was helpful in the surge

I bet most people were like me hoping to get it to single diget by half. Gotta admit I got greedy an wanted the lead as the half ended.
    Yes, most coaches would have pulled him. But he sat out a little longer than usual.and the whole time he was on the bench, he was getting some pretty intense instruction from Coach Hardin and Coach Marlin also pointed out a couple of things.

It's not only the substitution. It's also what happened while he was sitting. Coaches did a great job there.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Huckster Jr looked effeminate in those black pantyhose

Z

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yep, I said the same thing with about 4 minutes left in the half. I said to those next to me that we need to cut the game to 7 before the half, at 9. Then I was hoping for the lead. It is funny how your wants and desires change during a game, an emotional roller coaster.

Georgia State is an easy team to hate. Lot's of big time transfers from guys who didn't get their way at the big schools. Loud mouthed, intrusive coach who thinks all eyes are on him. Prissy little coaches son who can only shoot 3's. Beating them was worth not getting home until after 10 PM. I like this team. They lack star power.and when Shawn Long is having one of those nights buckets can be hard to come by.but they are scrappy.and they will not quit. The further we get in this season it looks to me like we have all the fixins' to make a tournament team.

I'm still pumped up this morning.

Me, too, Mel. Had trouble getting to sleep last night.

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    Sparrow, not harrow
    I think it is Harrow.

It is Harrow. But he flits around like a sparrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I think it is Harrow.
    I know, looks like a sparrow though

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information