Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

Don't know if Cajun Chicken is trademarked, but would be nice if he passed the torch to someone else. Hold a contest, maybe make it a student.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    Don't know if Cajun Chicken is trademarked, but would be nice if he passed the torch to someone else. Hold a contest, maybe make it a student.
    I've always thought he should choose a successor and pass the torch. The Fabulous Cajun Chicken should live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I've always thought he should choose a successor and pass the torch. The Fabulous Cajun Chicken should live forever.
    YES!!!!!
    The school should buy his props The snorkels, the Elvis costume, the Spy kit, the Michael Jackson wig, the red and white towel, the "D" and the fence, etcbut if nothing else, get someone to BANG. THAT. DRUM.

Lessons or coaching would be great.but I know enough people that watched him long enough that could pull it off.

This should happen before 01/17!

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    When the crowd was getting into last night.
    Before I type this, let me say I admire the cheerleaders and Ragin Jazz being at the game while school was out. But

Around 4 minutes left in the game, when the crowd started going back and forth with Ragin! Cajun!, my bride asked a very good question, "where's the cheerleaders?" We chanted with the crowd, and watched the cheerleaders join the chant.

Emotion of the crowd took that on, a true sixth man showing.

YES!!!!!
    The school should buy his props The snorkels, the Elvis costume, the Spy kit, the Michael Jackson wig, the red and white towel, the "D" and the fence, etcbut if nothing else, get someone to BANG. THAT. DRUM.

Lessons or coaching would be great.but I know enough people that watched him long enough that could pull it off.

Guys, it's never been about the outfit or the props. It's always been about the guy in the outfit.

He was one of a kind. No one could ever duplicate what he did. If you bring back the outfit and the props you have some amateur in a suit wishing he was the Fabulous Cajun Chicken.

YES!!!!!

The fishing pole with spider!

Trench coat trying to get the refs to accept dome cash.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Guys, it's never been about the outfit or the props. It's always been about the guy in the outfit.

He was one of a kind. No one could ever duplicate what he did. If you bring back the outfit and the props you have some amateur in a suit wishing he was the Fabulous Cajun Chicken.
    I know. Not everyone can do the moonwalk or dance to the jailhouse rock.but someone out there cannot saying they would be as good as Heim, but it feels like we are not even trying to get the crowd into the gamesin any way.

Edit: and yes. Whoever was in the pepper was SO awkward it was difficult to watch.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

There's no doubt you're right in that it was the man, not the costume or props. But, some element of his past is bundled into the costume for many of us. I could watch him just walk into the dome or CF and take a bow, and it would be special. Another person, of his choosing, could bang his drum, could do the red/white, red/white, white/red. and so on. They could do the spider on the fishing pole. I know there are limits to pure duplication. but I believe he could pick and train a successor, if he desired to do so. I believe he does not want to. No offense to students. but his successor would need to be more mature than a student. The limits and boundaries afforded to the Fab CC was due to his intelligent gift to entertain with complete event awareness, interplaying with officials, etc, without ever interfering. He had an uncanny ability to be anywhere, any time, be hilarious, all while being respectful of the proper limits. It's more important, if it happens, to choose someone that's a smart, mature entertainer, than someone that can mimic his exact antics.

It's a long shot. I can't blame him for not doing it. It risks destroying his legacy. Another issue is compensation, or the lack thereof. I was always curious who at UL authorized his access. There's a risk to UL as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Trench coat trying to get the refs to accept dome cash.
    Grim Reaper

11. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

Buster Keaton short on TCM. In it they talked about the many Keaton comedy routines he invented or expanded from his Vaudeville beginnings.

He contracted with MGM and they stunted his comedy. Later MGM transferred many of those unique Keaton routines to Red Skelton, The Marxs Brothers, and Albert and Costello. All these people had fabulous careers. None were Keaton yet they stole his stuff and it worked for them.

So while we will never have him back we could very well have some copies that are very good

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    There's no doubt you're right in that it was the man, not the costume or props. But, some element of his past is bundled into the costume for many of us. I could watch him just walk into the dome or CF and take a bow, and it would be special. Another person, of his choosing, could bang his drum, could do the red/white, red/white, white/red. and so on. They could do the spider on the fishing pole. I know there are limits to pure duplication. but I believe he could pick and train a successor, if he desired to do so. I believe he does not want to. No offense to students. but his successor would need to be more mature than a student. The limits and boundaries afforded to the Fab CC was due to his intelligent gift to entertain with complete event awareness, interplaying with officials, etc, without ever interfering. He had an uncanny ability to be anywhere, any time, be hilarious, all while being respectful of the proper limits. It's more important, if it happens, to choose someone that's a smart, mature entertainer, than someone that can mimic his exact antics.

It's a long shot. I can't blame him for not doing it. It risks destroying his legacy. Another issue is compensation, or the lack thereof. I was always curious who at UL authorized his access. There's a risk to UL as well.
    I agree with all said here. Let home have final say on who it is.

He got Don with the spider one night.big time. Don jumped and swore revenge. I still laugh when I think about it.

And I ALWAYS laughed out loud whenever the grim reaper showed up.

I'm laughing right now typing this thinking of both.

Didn't he have a bit where he pulled the ref's pants down?

The ref was a buddy of his who dressed up in a striped shirt. It was usually David Varisco (of Atchafalaya fame.)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information