Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    I know, looks like a sparrow though
    NM
    Last edited by MelRock; January 9th, 2015 at 10:18 am. Reason: Wrong guy on my part.

2. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    My favorite play was the bullet pass from Wright to Walker down low for the easy bucket. I believe it was in the second half. A thing of beauty.
    ---Looked like a fastball from our 100 MPH pitcher!!! I always here about the game slowing down but when one kid sees another with certain moves---they copy them!!! I think our team will learn a bunch from the distribution skills of RW!!! I think that comparisons to EP show that he is not as good in some areas but a lot better in some!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    My favorite play was the bullet pass from Wright to Walker down low for the easy bucket. I believe it was in the second half. A thing of beauty.
    That was one of the nicest passes I've seen in a while. Through the trees

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    That was one of the nicest passes I've seen in a while. Through the trees
    it surprised walker too, im glad he was able to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, that was A LOT of fun to read.

And what a fun game. I think Ga St. is more talented, man for man, than our starting 5. But the whole concept of "team" ball, hustle, defense, grit, etctips the scales in our favor. Props to Coach Marlinwho also tips the scales in our favor. When the crowd was getting into last night.we were dreaming of the cajun chicken walking out there banging that drum. How awesome would that have been?

I agree that Hunter and Harrow are sickly talented.

But there's no way you'll convince me that the other three guys (Green, Crider, Shipes) are better than our guys at those positions.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

But there's no way you'll convince me that the other three guys (Green, Crider, Shipes) are better than our guys at those positions.
    Beat me to it. In fact, when you start bringing in guys from the bench I'd have to say we also have the advantage there as well.

8. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

So you saying GSU was a salary cap victim?

9. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (84) vs GSU (80)

----I think that Shipes had the best vertical on the court---Was wondering why he was jumping for the opening tap!!!

That was FUN!!
    Way to Geaux Cajuns!

There are subtle things that happen in the game of basketball that sometimes go unnoticed.

Jay Wright really struggled early in the game. Bob took him out and let him watch for a while. It's obvious while he watched the game slowed down for him. When Coach put him back in, Wright helped lead the big comeback.

It was a brilliant coaching move. And I bet most folks never noticed.
    Another key was Shawn playing well after he got 3 fouls. A couple of times he let GSU have the basket after we were beaten which was the right thing to do. He also kept his composure which was encouraging as he can be emotional at times. I was worried about that as he and the team had been telling folks since summer this was the one game they wanted. They were not happy about losing to them at home last year. That may have been part of the problem early. They may have been too hyped up. Having someone who has been through the Big 12 wars like Brian Williams was also critical.

Brian Williams is the best showcase of leading by example. He's got a confidence about him that is cool calm and collected and I love it and I think it's rubbing off on some other guys

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Well, .we were dreaming of the cajun chicken walking out there banging that drum. How awesome would that have been?
    They need to bring the chicken back for the UTA alumni game!!! Someone get on it! Hell! I'll even wear the honor of the chicken suit if given that honor. But,I certainly can't dance like that!

Neither can he. After two replacements, he doesn't move all that well. And, he lives out of state.

And, he's almost 60

Gotcha. But, someone needs do it. We need to educate the younger generation. The crowd would go wild if the CHICKEN walked out there.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information