Thread: Ranking college football’s best coaches: No. 15-11

Default Ranking college football’s best coaches: No. 15-11

NO. 15: MARK HUDSPETH, LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE

Record as a head coach: 102-37

Best season: 9-4 as the Sun Belt co-champion and New Orleans Bowl winner in 2013.

Notable player: QB Terrance Broadway

The case: Hudspeth took North Alabama to the Division II quarterfinals or semifinals in five of seven seasons. Then after an assistant coaching stop at Mississippi State, he’s become perhaps the hottest lower-tier FBS coach. He’s produced four consecutive 9-4 seasons, with New Orleans Bowl wins each year.

NFL.com independently polled five executives before the season on the best up-and-coming college coaches, and two of them tabbed Hudspeth.

Said one executive: “He really seems to have the pulse of his team, but he doesn’t micromanage. He’s a creative offensive guy and he can recruit. That’s not an easy place to win and he’s done just that.”

Plus, can you really leave out a 46-year-old who bench-pressed 370 pounds earlier this year? I mean, are you telling this guy he’s not one of the best?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec.coaches-15-11/

Default Re: Ranking college football’s best coaches: No. 15-11

"Doesn't micromanage"

lulz

There is a difference between attention to detail and micro manage. Holding on to a complete staff for 4 years while being successful doesnt scream micro manage to me.

Default Re: Ranking college football's best coaches: No. 15-11

Jesus Herbert Christ. The dude wins 9 games a year and 4 bowl games at a program that was at the bottom 10 every yearhe can micro manage the ____ing water boys for all I care as long as the results are there. Why do we care, we don't work for him??

If there is anything HUD would micromanage it would be the offense, jay Johnson has had chances to leave and he is still here. I would imagine the writer got the comment from someone who actually works/worked for HUD.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Said one executive: "He really seems to have the pulse of his team, but he doesn't micromanage. He's a creative offensive guy and he can recruit. That's not an easy place to win and he's done just that."

I pretty much call bullshirt on that! We just had an unlucky run!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Said one executive: "He really seems to have the pulse of his team, but he doesn't micromanage. He's a creative offensive guy and he can recruit. That's not an easy place to win and he's done just that."

I pretty much call bullshirt on that! We just had an unlucky run!!

When the next coach wins just as much or more, this view will change.

And, that hinges on one thing, the hiring of a fundraiser who answers to the RCAF, not to the former office of Ray Authement.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If there is anything HUD would micromanage it would be the offense, jay Johnson has had chances to leave and he is still here. I would imagine the writer got the comment from someone who actually works/worked for HUD.
    Cornerbacks 8 yards off the ball.two straight DC's do this. Yeah that's not Hud at all. Sure. That's the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Cornerbacks 8 yards off the ball.two straight DC's do this. Yeah that's not Hud at all. Sure. That's the ticket.
    Ok

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    When the next coach wins just as much or more, this view will change.

And, that hinges on one thing, the hiring of a fundraiser who answers to the RCAF, not to the former office of Ray Authement.
    True, but the reason that sentence was uttered in the first place lies right at the fossils feet.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Ok
    Glad you agree.

Thread Information