Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (80) vs App State (64)

Default Re: Cajuns vs App State Men's game

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Final TX State 77 @ Ga State 74 in double overtime.
    Nice! See y'all Thursday night.

2. Default Re: Cajuns vs App State Men's game

Good time for that big town bully to eat some humble pie.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Nice! See y'all Thursday night.
    Yes Sir!! See ya'll there!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---So Mel--I guess we played the entire group tonight??? If we did and they in a tough double ot loss will be to our advantage I think!!!
    We can hope. But remember we have a 2 hour bus ride tonight and a flight tomorrow to Baton Rouge then bus to Lafayette. They sleep in their bed and have a direct flight from Atlanta to Lafayette. Hopefully they are very, very tired.

One last stat. Ga State shoots 12.5% from 3, 66.7% from free throw and commit 18 turnovers with only 10 assists. 3 players in double figures, Harrow 29, Hunter 10 and Ware 14.

Good night everyone, see you Thursday!!1 Geaux Cajuns!!1

Don't look now, but the Cajuns are the only undefeated team in conference play in the SBC at 3-0!

UTA lost @ Troy!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

HUGE game Thursday night. Need a big crowd at the Dome for Georgia State. Get there!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!

One last stat. Ga State shoots 12.5% from 3, 66.7% from free throw and commit 18 turnovers with only 10 assists. 3 players in double figures, Harrow 29, Hunter 10 and Ware 14.

Good night everyone, see you Thursday!!1 Geaux Cajuns!!1
    I saw where RJ Hunter of Ga. State had a very poor game last night and is in somewhat of a slump. I guarantee you he will break out of at some point. Just hope it is not Thursday night. Odds are that it will be soon and I expect he will have a good game Thursday. Even if he does, that does not mean we cannot win. We just need to do the things we have done the last few games. That is limit turnovers, make free throws, and force the opponent to shoot "tough twos". Even though we have won the last two games handily, I still think we have not played to our potential. Last night we let App State have too many second shots and we were not able to finish around the basket on some plays. We also let Troy get too much penetration into the lane by the guards and although that was better last night it could still improve. We do the things I mentioned earler and make the improvements I just listed, we could have a special conference season.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The Huckster (Ron Hunter) and his spawn come to town.** Awesome time for a beat down!

Z

Credit to the world famous "Dahbeed" of Western Kentucky fame!**

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (80) vs App State (64)

In league play, Hunter is 10-35 from the field, 3-21 from three point range (including 0-10 last night).

He could get well at any time, but he strikes me as the type that would get down after three games like he's had.

We need to make sure he starts slowly.

Harrow is the toughest matchup. We couldn't guard him last year no matter who was on him.

Jay Wright is going to have his hands full.

I think the bottom line is, if we don't let both of them have big nights we have a good chance to win.

They aren't deep. They'll play that 2-3 and 1-3-1 zone the entire game just like they did last year.

This is going to be fun.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (80) vs App State (64)

Looking forward to Jay. Geaux Cajuns!

12. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (80) vs App State (64)

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    In league play, Hunter is 10-35 from the field, 3-21 from three point range (including 0-10 last night).

He could get well at any time, but he strikes me as the type that would get down after three games like he's had.

We need to make sure he starts slowly.

Harrow is the toughest matchup. We couldn't guard him last year no matter who was on him.

Jay Wright is going to have his hands full.

I think the bottom line is, if we don't let both of them have big nights we have a good chance to win.

They aren't deep. They'll play that 2-3 and 1-3-1 zone the entire game just like they did last year.

This is going to be fun.
    ------Hell Jay this is great reporting---can you give us who you think will play on whom----I have been so impressed with Wright's defense as well as offense and what a motor----have been waiting for a PG that could shoot for many years now!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We can hope. But remember we have a 2 hour bus ride tonight and a flight tomorrow to Baton Rouge then bus to Lafayette. They sleep in their bed and have a direct flight from Atlanta to Lafayette. Hopefully they are very, very tired.
    The travel is not an issue.(see other thread) Bob complaining about it was ill advised. He will be getting a visit from the little general this afternoon. He must comply with boss mans wishes.after all.we should be comfortable in the Belt.

Z

14. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (80) vs App State (64)

Marlin complained? God,Whats wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---So Mel--I guess we played the entire group tonight??? If we did and they in a tough double ot loss will be to our advantage I think!!!
    I said the same thing when the Trailblazers came to play the Pelicans during the Nola bowl weekend. They played a 2 or 3 OT game the night before and had to travel to NOLA to play and they demolished the Pelicans and looked sharp doing it. While I'd like to believe this would play to our advantage, you never know. The moral is we will have to come ready to play.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information