Thread: UL supportive businesses

1. Default UL supportive businesses

RaginPagin.com is trying to compile a list of businesses who give a discount to UL fans and or students.

If you know of some or have details to add please do so.

Let's give credit where credit is due for businesses that either help UL or show support for the students and alumni in some way shape or form.

Comp U Copy on Johnston offers 10% off

Baja Sports Grill has the VIP club and 5% goes to UL Athletics.

Lagneaux's has the Red Dot Club with $4 off the buffet for students with ID.

I know there are many others please help fill in the blanks. THANKS

ps feel free to promote you own Biz here in this thread.

Default Re: Help identify UL fan supportive businesses

Taken from the SGA Website:

AC Lens.com
    10% off contact lenses, reading glasses, and other vision products. Enter coupon code "EMPLOYEE" at checkout at aclens.com. May not be combined with other sales, coupons, or discounts. [/B][/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia][B]Acadian Family Dentistry
    10% off all Dental Services

Acadiana Prescription Shop
    10% discount on prescription items (excluding controlled substances)

Airway Home Medical Equipment
    10% off any purchase made in store or online (www.airwayhme.com)

Awardmaster/Trophyland
    Free engraved brass key ring with any order of $50 or more before taxes. Special has to be mentioned when placing order. Offer good for faculty & staff as well.

Bath Junkie
    15% off custom blended products. Not good with any other offer or promotion.

Begneaud’s Pharmacy
    10% discount on regularly priced merchandise. Prescriptions, special orders & sales items excluded. May not be combined with other coupons or discounts.

Brevelle’s Jewelers
    10% all items

Brother’s on the Boulevard
    15% discount off all regular priced seasonal merchandise only. May not be combined with any other offer.

Carmichaels
    5% discount on all uniforms & nursing supplies

Comfort Inn
    Special UL rate of $57.95 for Standard single or double occupancy rooms. Based on
    availability.

Cookies in Bloom
    10% off any purchase. Does not apply to items to be shipped or delivered.

Cosmetology Training Center
    20% off services with student ID

Day’s Inn
    $42 plus tax Standard Single or Double. Micro/frig. in rooms. Deluxe complimentary breakfast. High-speed wireless internet connection in all rooms. Must be mentioned upon making reservations.

Gabriel’s Fine Jewelry
    15% discount on jewelry merchandise. Excludes watches and diamond solitaire pieces.

Get Wet Shop
    10% discount on regular priced merchandise.

Greenlife Landscapes
    5% discount up to $250

Albert Guilliot, D.D.S.
    10% discount

Hilton Garden Inn
    "Mobley Monday": Texas sized burger & fries for $5.50 every Monday (Does not include drink, tax, or gratuity.).

Jeanelle’s Art Studio
    10% off art supplies

Jewelie’s Fashion Jewelry Outlet
    10% off regular priced items

Kart Ranch
    1 FREE ride ticket (good for go-karts, boats, Kiddie Karts & water wars) with purchase of 1 ride ticket at regular price. 1 per customer per visit.

LaCombe Eye Center
    20% discount on services & materials excluding CONTACT LENS materials

Lafayette Lanes
    Pay for 1 game-get the next game free. Card holder only. Monday through Thursday between 8am & 4pm only. Does not include shoe rental.

Link to Life Therapeutic Massage
    10% off any services Little River Inn
    Buy 1 entree at regular price & get the 2nd of equal or lesser value FREE.

Little Town
    20% off any regular priced item.

Louisiana State Optical
    20% off eyeglasses or eyeglass lenses . Excludes all other sale items.

Mattress Gallery
    $150 off any Sealy Posturepedic King Set
    $100 off any Sealy Posturepedic Queen Set
    $50 off any Sealy Posturepedic Full Set
    $25 off any Sealy Posturepedic Twin Set
    10% off any Stern & Foster set
    10% off all sheets, mattress pads, pillows, & mattress sets.
    (Can not be used with any other promotions
    or sales.)

MySimBook.com
    Exclusive text message deals, prizes, & promotions from local businesses.

Nash’s Restaurant
    10% discount on entire bill including food & beverages with the purchase of 2 entrees. No other coupon, discount, or daily special is included with this offer. Gratuities should be 15% or more before discount.

Party Time Party Supplies
    10% discount on all purchases excluding sale items & close outs.

Pete’s Sports Bar
    10% discount (Not specials)

Pizza Hut
    $2.00 off any regular priced Medium
    $3.00 off any regular priced Large
    Valid on Pan, Thin’ n Crispy & Hand Tossed (All locations)

Pizzaville USA
    Buy any small, medium or large pizza and receive a free cheese loaf appetizer.

Poor Boy’s Riverside Inn
    Buy 1 entree and get the 2nd of equal or lesser value FREE.

Popeye’s Chicken & Biscuits
    Free medium drink with any purchase.

Posado's Cafe'
    2 for 1 Enchilada Dinners on Wednesdays
    2 for 1 House Margaritas or beer on Sundays through Thursdays.
    $4.99 Plate Lunches on Monday through Friday 11am to 3pm.

Quality Inn Lafayette
    15% off any room. Special events not included.

Randol’s Restaurant
    10% off food purchases

Roly Poly Sandwiches
    10% off total order

Smoothie King
    $1 any size Smoothie. Excluding kids cups.

Spa Mizan
    10% discount on all services & retail purchases but not products or services already discounted

Subway Sandwiches (4 locations)
    713 Bertrand
    2865 Amb. Caffery Ste. 111
    3142 Amb. Caffery
    2100 Verot School Rd
    10% off any sandwich

Swimdance
    10% off regular priced merchandise

Tenzie & Co.
    10% off entire purchase

The Fun Shop
    10% off total purchase

The Kitchenary
    10% discount
    Applies to Alumni also.

Thrifty Way Uniforms
    20% discount off all regular stock. More discount on sales & sales items . 20% off items ordered.

Tri-Running
    10% discount on purchase of regularly priced items. Offer valid to students, faculty, & staff.

Vermilionville
    [i] $5 admission. Not valid with any other offer.

Wa-Zoo
    10% off one regular priced item.

West Congress Lube Express, LLC
    $5 discount on "Full Service" charge of oil change. Includes up to 5 quarts of regular oil. Specialized oils or additional quarts of oil may have extra charges. Other products & services may have additional charges. May not be used with any other discounts, coupons, or promotions.

Zoo of Acadiana
    $1 off regular priced admissions [/B][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I am trying to compile a list of businesses who give a discount to UL fans and or students.

If you know of some or have details to add please do so.
    This isn't a discount, but rather, it's a contribution to UL.

booksXYZ.com sends 5% of each purchase to the school of your choice. The code to send your moolah to UL is UL01LA.

But you can send it to any school you want, LSU (LS01LA), Tech (LT01LA), Tulane (TU01LA), McNeese (MC01LA), all the way down to Kaplan Elementary (KAP02LA). We have all 120,000 schools in the US listed. (Click here to find your school.)

BTW, if you want to help UL without even buying anything, we have the ReadersLink™ program. Tack the code for UL (or your school) to a booksXYZ link. For the front page:
    http://booksXYZ.com/-UL01LA
    For everywhere else, say, A Lesson Before Dying:
    http://booksxyz.com/profile1589684.php-UL01LA

When people click it, UL (or whatever school you used) is set as the default for the 5%. Since over half of our customers don't select a school, that makes money for your school.

Put ReadersLinks™ on your message boards, blogs, business websites, FaceBook pages, in eMails, whatever.

This business does not support UL with discounts, however they do support UL, both academically and athletically, with their volunteer time and yea, money too.Lowry's Printing & Copying.

The Grand Theaters give discounts with UL id's not sure if that one was on there

8. Default Re: UL supportive businesses

Hi Tech Office Products is helping raise money for the Ragin' Cajun Baseball team. When you purchase office supplies from Hi Tech 5% goes to help the Ragin' Cajun Baseball team in the form of cash back to the program.

Default Re: UL supportive businesses

I have to give a plug to Albertsons on Johnson St. Not only do they have a great selection of UL gear at a reasonable price, the staff is friendly and helpful. On my last trip I was looking for UL gear to bring back to my to girls. Being a guy I am clueless on such things, and when I asked a checker a question about locations of other UL gear, she closed her lane, brought me to where I needed to be and helped me select things a 9 and 4 yr old would like. Then when I asked about XXL sizes she could not answer my question so she immediatly got a manager who pointed me in the right direction. She also held all of my other items at the register until I found everything I needed so that I would not have to haul multiple items all over the store

This is a level of service not often seen. Helpful cheerful employees who go out of their way to help someone even though it was a busy game day, and a company that supports the local universtiy.

So my thanks to Albertsons.

Also Petes generally runs specials on game days that can't be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ I have to give a plug to Albertsons on Johnson St. Not only do they have a great selection of UL gear at a reasonable price, the staff is friendly and helpful. On my last trip I was looking for UL gear to bring back to my to girls. Being a guy I am clueless on such things, and when I asked a checker a question about locations of other UL gear, she closed her lane, brought me to where I needed to be and helped me select things a 9 and 4 yr old would like. Then when I asked about XXL sizes she could not answer my question so she immediatly got a manager who pointed me in the right direction. She also held all of my other items at the register until I found everything I needed so that I would not have to haul multiple items all over the store

This is a level of service not often seen. Helpful cheerful employees who go out of their way to help someone even though it was a busy game day, and a company that supports the local universtiy.

So my thanks to Albertsons.

Also Petes generally runs specials on game days that can't be beat. _
    The Albertson's on Ambassador and Kaliste Salloom is also very supportive of UL. Throw in the Walgreens on Johnston and South College, for a drugstore they had a pretty big selection of shirts and other stuff.

Buffalo Wild Wings. I don't know if any of you remember about the painting that I mentioned a while back that Jack Jaubert was doing for UL. We met with David Walker and Scott Farmer at BWW a few weeks back and BWW let them know that the all the proceeds that are made from sales of the prints are getting donated to UL athletics. It's looking like the unveiling of this magnificent painting (which is about 12 ft wide and 8 1/2 ft tall) will more than likely be at the beginning of the homecoming game. I'd like to post a picture of the painting to show y'all how amazing this thing is, but I'm under specific instructions not to. And if you haven't been to BWW lately, check out the new decor.

12. Default Re: UL supportive businesses

Hey free advertising --- Terri Landry State Farm in Abbeville --- Terri pushed all the agents for the gate project, helps with the endowed Insurance chair, and we are in RCAF!!!

Otters chicken tenders gives a 10% UL Student Discount w/ current UL ID

I dont know if they give away free money or not but the Gulf Coast Bank boys are huge supporters

Thread Information