Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nevada coach, players excited about arrival in N.O.

1. Default Nevada coach, players excited about arrival in N.O.

They say you never forget your first time.The University of Nevada football team’s arrival at the New Orleans Riverside Hilton on Tuesday marked the beginning of Brian Polian’s first bowl week as a head coach and he said that he will enjoy everything tha.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate
    Will Guillory

2. Default Re: Nevada coach, players excited about arrival in N.O.

Slap in the face Advocate.

Nevada has the exact same sports branding motif as Louisiana and you use their name properly. Good job.

On the home front however you insist on slapping an unnecessary city tag. Not good.

Why the double standard?

The takeaway is not to add Reno the rest of the week, that would make you look foolish.

The takeaway is to start using the branding prefered by the subject you are covering.

Quit the double standard.

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns or Louisiana for short.

jmo

Default Re: Nevada coach, players excited about arrival in N.O.

Ditto the above. That's why I don't read any Advocate articles.

Good point, Turbine. I'd like to hear the Advocate's response but then I don't expect them to bother trying to give one.

5. Default Re: Nevada coach, players excited about arrival in N.O.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Ditto the above. That's why I don't read any Advocate articles.
    Again don't support and don't buy it!!!!! If only ya'll could see what they have done in New Orleans ---- Not a Tulane fan by a LONG SHOT---but it is a Baton Rouge/LSU RAG!!! T-Bine this is a great post---We need to get a write up in the DA showing the difference!!!

The Advocate has some good coverage of the Cajuns, but jeez, they go to great lengths to disregard the name request of the exact market that they are covering. Hell, they even make Dan McDonald, the former SID for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns hyphen the school's name. No matter the extent of the coverage, some people are just not going to get over what EVERYONE knows is a deliberate slap in the face by a baton rouge run organization. I read Luke's stuff occasionally on-line and it's usually good, but will never spend a penny on that paper.

I would like to hear our administration's take on using the hyphen. Until they step up and put their foot down, I could care less. I used to care, now I dont. Face it, we are The University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

BATON ROUGE run news paper catering to the Baton Rouge market.could care less about UL or Acadiana area and just doesn't want to upset the kitty katsso there you gono matter what, I will continue my support of the paper and media that supports UL, I will never quitGEAUX CAJUNS.beat Nevada! From Iowa, La.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    BATON ROUGE run news paper catering to the Baton Rouge market.could care less about UL or Acadiana area and just doesn't want to upset the kitty katsso there you gono matter what, I will continue my support of the paper and media that supports UL, I will never quitGEAUX CAJUNS.beat Nevada! From Iowa, La.
    So hiring a full time reporter to cover Ragin Cajun sports does not show that they care? Yeah, its a business and they care about the bottom line, I get that. Luke Johnson's coverage of Ragin Cajun sports has been top notch.

If you look at the overall body of work, The Advocate is a better paper.

10. Default Re: Nevada coach, players excited about arrival in N.O.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post

If you look at the overall body of work, The Advocate is a better paper.
    With a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The Advocate has some good coverage of the Cajuns, but jeez, they go to great lengths to disregard the name request of the exact market that they are covering. Hell, they even make Dan McDonald, the former SID for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns hyphen the school's name. No matter the extent of the coverage, some people are just not going to get over what EVERYONE knows is a deliberate slap in the face by a baton rouge run organization. I read Luke's stuff occasionally on-line and it's usually good, but will never spend a penny on that paper.
    Luke is on this site often. I would like to see him comment on why the Advocate honors Nevada Reno's request to be called Nevada (athletically) but ignores Louisiana Lafayette's request to be called Louisiana (athletically). Surely, the Advocate has reasoning behind this. They need more transparency on this issue.

Luke Johnson has been great, but they ain't getting a dime from me. I'll read for free whenever possible. Other than that they would do nothing but lay under a nice boiled sack of crawfish (with the seasoning inside the damn crawfish, I don't do the dusting crap, that's just lazy and should be illegal. Soak dem damn things)

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Luke Johnson has been great, but they ain't getting a dime from me. I'll read for free whenever possible. Other than that they would do nothing but lay under a nice boiled sack of crawfish (with the seasoning inside the damn crawfish, I don't do the dusting crap, that's just lazy and should be illegal. Soak dem damn things)
    They are still getting your dime with each page view from the ads on the website.

Take their team to bourbon st fri and we'll have a win

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    They are still getting your dime with each page view from the ads on the website.
    Technically they're getting someone's "dime" but probably not his dime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information