Thread: Advocate: Neighbors? Yes. Rivals?

1. Default Advocate: Neighbors? Yes. Rivals?

Neighbors? Yes.
    Rivals? Not so much.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Advocate: Neighbors? Yes. Rivals?

"This season we feel like we have a lot to prove," running back and Lafayette native Keiland Williams said. "(UL Lafayette) might feel like they have to a lot to prove to the state, but we have a lot to prove to the country."

Gee, I wonder what reference to the Cajuns Keiland Williams originally used before the Advocrap copy editor felt the need to change it? What a rag.

While I might agree WRT your "rag" position, the following was also written:

Added Josh Dworaczyk, who hails from New Iberia, "Lots of people support me every week in their purple-and-gold stuff, and then the UL-LSU game comes, all of a sudden they're in red and pulling for the Cajuns."

Neither of us know what Williams said. He could of just said "them".

Regardless, looking forward to a competitive and entertaining game. And a 3-0 start wouldn't suck!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    While I might agree WRT your "rag" position, the following was also written:

Added Josh Dworaczyk, who hails from New Iberia, "Lots of people support me every week in their purple-and-gold stuff, and then the UL-LSU game comes, all of a sudden they're in red and pulling for the Cajuns."

Regardless, looking forward to a competitive and entertaining game. And a 3-0 start wouldn't suck!
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    _ While I might agree WRT your "rag" position, the following was also written:

Regardless, looking forward to a competitive and entertaining game. And a 3-0 start wouldn't suck! _
    I'm sure the copy editor will be reprimanded for letting that slip by.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I'm sure the copy editor will be reprimanded for letting that slip by.
    They are under strict orders! Anything printed even remotely threatening to the LSU* flagship gets you fired!

*not the flagship of the state of LA, Just the flagship of the LSU system.

I'm certain he is on double secret probation now. Oops, wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ They are under strict orders! Anything printed even remotely threatening to the LSU* flagship gets you fired!

*not the flagship of the state of LA, Just the flagship of the LSU system. _

None of these writers understands that the rivalry has nothing to do with athletics. It's all about politics, and how LSU has used its influence in the legislature to block UL's path to more equitable funding formula that doesn't automatically concede LSU's right to be the state's _______ university. That's why we hate LSU and look forward to beating the living daylights out of them athletically, academically or any kind of way possible. Thank God we are already light-years ahead of LSU in what really matters or we'd have legions of hey-bruh lawn service company owners throwing whiskey bottles at UL academic halls instead of visitors to Tiagra Stadium.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Advocate: Neighbors? Yes. Rivals?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    _ None of these writers understands that the rivalry has nothing to do with athletics. It's all about politics, and how LSU has used its influence in the legislature to block UL's path to more equitable funding formula that doesn't automatically concede LSU's right to be the state's _______ university. That's why we hate LSU and look forward to beating the living daylights out of them athletically, academically or any kind of way possible. Thank God we are already light-years ahead of LSU in what really matters or we'd have legions of hey-bruh lawn service company owners throwing whiskey bottles at UL academic halls instead of visitors to Tiagra Stadium. _
    it's not so much that they don't understand. it's more like they don't want to dredge down in the goo and muck around in it a bit. they'd rather stand off to the side and pretend there's no goo there at all. it's an athletic event. nothing more. even the local media pretends that's all it is. radio, tv, that garbage pail liner that tries to pass as a newspaper, all pretend. it's like their heads would explode if they tried to discuss anything more about the relationship between the schools than a football game.

Thread Information