Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

Default 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201.aching-targets

Jay Johnson, offensive coordinator, Louisiana. Johnson may be a bit of an out of the box hire, but this midwestern native may be interested in coming back a little closer to home. Johnson has been at Louisiana-Lafayette for four seasons, helping launch Terrance Broadway as a record breaking, all conference quarterback. The Ragin' Cajuns boasted a top 45 offense in S&P+ this season, and he has experience recruiting not just the south for the Cajuns, but had also coached at Kansas, Southern Miss and Louisville. If the Buckeyes a looking for another innovative mind who can get results without having access to big money facilities or top recruits, Johnson could be a good fit.
    Last edited by MelRock; December 15th, 2014 at 01:59 pm. Reason: No bulldogs died during this post.

Default Re: 7 Ohio State offensive coordinator candidates to replace Tom Herman

When was the last time we saw a UL coach leave directly from here for a bigger program? He is a long shot but nice to have one of our coaches mentioned.

Last edited by MelRock; December 15th, 2014 at 01:59 pm. Reason: more info and Suck It Hoax

I'm not against letting JJ (sadly not Jeff Jarrett) go. I think his offense put Broadway, who wasn't a very good passer after he broke his arm, at a sharp disadvantage. Once he lost the ability to fling it around the field, he had to rely on reading the defense, and making multiple reads across the formation. Broadway can't do it or was never made to. With the talk of Jalen Nixon possibly taking over for Broadway.it's gonna be more of the same from this year.

The only one talking of Nixon taking over is Boomer, I think it will be Haack or the freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    The only one talking of Nixon taking over is Boomer, I think it will be Haack or the freshman.
    I am preparing for the worst (Nixon slinging the rock).if it's Haack or by some miracle a decent 5th year transfer I will be so overjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    what's the freshman's name? I was trying to think of it the other day.

Dylan Populist and Jordan Davis

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm not against letting JJ (sadly not Jeff Jarrett) go. I think his offense put Broadway, who wasn't a very good passer after he broke his arm, at a sharp disadvantage. Once he lost the ability to fling it around the field, he had to rely on reading the defense, and making multiple reads across the formation. Broadway can't do it or was never made to. With the talk of Jalen Nixon possibly taking over for Broadway.it's gonna be more of the same from this year.
    Im with you 100%! That article they released the other day talking about a QB competition in the spring was just getting everyone ready for when Nixon is named the starter and not Haack.

Will be an interesting spring practice and game .(Hope we have a game this year.) If hack is the man i would have Nixon at halfback in Harris's position a lot . Hack looked good in the little time they let him get in.
    If Hack does not get it do any think he will just transfer where he can play right away.

Nixon is the better quarterback that was proven a season ago, if it wan't for Nixon we lose to Tulane. I truly believe if Nixon wasn't suspended he would have given Broadway serious competition for the job or Broadway would have been on a shorter leash.

I just find it hard to believe that Haack didn't have issues if he wasn't seeing the field in obvious mop up duty. Those issues could be that he doesn't fit in the type of offense that Hud wants to run. He may thrive in another system. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that Haack didn't have issues if he wasn't seeing the field in obvious mop up duty. Those issues could be that he doesn't fit in the type of offense that Hud wants to run. He may thrive in another system. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is.
    Or it was to avoid controversy, there was enough of that already with his limited playing time.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    100% agree. Would not be sad to see some new thinking for the offense. I have mentioned before that I thought we would out coach ourselves on the offensive side. The constant personnel changes do nothing to allow the O to get into rhythm. And while I dont usually criticize individual play calls, there have been times when we have just run the ball right down the D's throat over and over, then we call 3 straight passes.
    Anyone know who calls the plays?
    Speaking of Haack, I am as flummoxed as anyone. I thought he looked great in the spring game before last season but to get so little time, even in mop up duty is disappointing. And yes, I remember USA last season, but NOBODY had a good game, from the bus driver on down.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder View Post
    Nixon is the better quarterback that was proven a season ago, if it wan't for Nixon we lose to Tulane. I truly believe if Nixon wasn't suspended he would have given Broadway serious competition for the job or Broadway would have been on a shorter leash.
    I dont think that is entirely true. His short time on the field was a big spark but that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Or it was to avoid controversy, there was enough of that already with his limited playing time.
    Absolutely just a personal opinion, but a coach doesn't go 101-37 by not developing his future QB. Don't be surprised when someone other than haack is taking snaps next year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information