Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mullen to Michigan?

Default Mullen to Michigan?

Default Re: Mullen to Michigan?

I seen an article saying Sean Payton was a target.

To me, if he wasn't going to Florida, he won't go to Michigan. Wasn't he listed as a primary target when the UF job came open but he shot that down?

I am not saying he is going to Michigan, because I do not think he is going anywhere, but he and the AD at Florida do not get a long.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    To me, if he wasn't going to Florida, he won't go to Michigan. Wasn't he listed as a primary target when the UF job came open but he shot that down?
    Hugh Freeze was a target for UF and got a $1M pay raise from OM.

Mullen was never a target for UF because he doesn't like the AD

There are a couple of candidates in front of Mullen for the Michigan job.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    There are a couple of candidates in front of Mullen for the Michigan job.
    Mullen is a plan C. They are on Harbaugh like white on rice. I doubt he takes it. Then it's the obligatory Les Miles sweepstakes which will end with him getting a raise from the TAF. So fear Mullen to Michigan.

The Mullen Meyer connection is an interesting one. Would Mullen want the pressure of being Meyers biggest rival? Right now he is pretty safe at MSU and could work this into a pay raise of his own. At michigan, win a title and beat ohio state often or you are fired. Mullen has been successfully recruiting the south for quite a while now.it's cold up there.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The Mullen Meyer connection is an interesting one. Would Mullen want the pressure of being Meyers biggest rival? Right now he is pretty safe at MSU and could work this into a pay raise of his own. At michigan, win a title and beat ohio state often or you are fired. Mullen has been successfully recruiting the south for quite a while now.it's cold up there.
    Recruiting at Michigan will be quite different than at Miss St. The biggest change is that Mullen will not be allowed to recruit junior college kids at Michigan.

It's a deadend job with unrealistic expectations and an expiration date. If he goes, he will be fired in 5 years or less. Same thing applies for Mike Riley at Nebraska but hey by all means make your paper boo boo.

well even if Mullen does leave, we safe. I know Hud would want it but i really don't see State going with Hud.

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    It's a deadend job with unrealistic expectations and an expiration date. If he goes, he will be fired in 5 years or less. Same thing applies for Mike Riley at Nebraska but hey by all means make your paper boo boo.
    I think you are jumping the gun labeling the Michigan job as a dead end position. Unless you felt the same way about USC prior to Carrol, or Flordia after Spurrier and before Myer, etc. A college football program has its ups and downs. Being a cajun fan you should know this more than most. With that being said, Michigan is far from being a dead end position. Next thing you will say is that Texas' head coaching position is a dead end job.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    I think you are jumping the gun labeling the Michigan job as a dead end position. Unless you felt the same way about USC prior to Carrol, or Flordia after Spurrier and before Myer, etc. A college football program has its ups and downs. Being a cajun fan you should know this more than most. With that being said, Michigan is far from being a dead end position. Next thing you will say is that Texas' head coaching position is a dead end job.
    Totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once they get past their "Michigan Man" bull corn and get realistic, they have a sleeping giant program up there with more money and support than we can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Mullen is a plan C. They are on Harbaugh like white on rice. I doubt he takes it. Then it's the obligatory Les Miles sweepstakes which will end with him getting a raise from the TAF. So fear Mullen to Michigan.
    I've read multiple times that Harbaugh is out at SF even if they go all the way. That was a while ago though. Still, it may not be as hard as you think for Michigan to pry him away.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    well even if Mullen does leave, we safe. I know Hud would want it but i really don't see State going with Hud.
    If Aurburn took Malzhan and Ole Miss took Freeze, why wouldn't Mississippi State seriously consider Hud?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information