Thread: Mullen to Michigan?

Default Re: Mullen to Michigan?

Monken coached Army this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Monken coached Army this year.
    Thanks I stand corrected!! Willie Fritz did

Not beating my chest. I did not accomplish anything. Willie Fritz is the coach at Georgia Southern. Monken is at Army. If Mullins leaves Miss State I think Coach would be a candidate. Not saying he would be hired but a candidate.
    Also we were champions of the Sunbelt last year.

Not picking sides, nor is this a criticism. It's nice to see people complaining about winning 35 (and maybe 36) games over the last four years. It shows how much we've grown and our potential.

Last edited by ZoomZoom; December 15th, 2014 at 11:17 pm. Reason: Saints are actually winning?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Thanks I stand corrected!! Willie Fritz did
    Fritz won conference, but he did not beat Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Fritz won conference, but he did not beat Florida.
    Well I got monken and fritz confused!! I stand corrected part 2

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Not picking sides, nor is this a criticism. It's nice to see people complaining about winning 35 (and maybe 36) games over the last four years. It shows how much we've grown and our potential.
    I agree 100% damn nice is it not?

Either way that team beat an SEC school and smoked a FBS conference in a 2 year period. Its impressive whether they played us and A State or not.

Let's see if ga southern keeps the pace for 4+ years. Great season. Agreed, it's impressive. New to FBS. A lot of hype. Unconventional offense. Stars aligned for them. They also beat a florida team that had their own players blocking each other. They may be the real deal. Let's make them prove it. Hawaii and tulane has undefeated teams in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    Either way that team beat an SEC school and smoked a FBS conference in a 2 year period. Its impressive whether they played us and A State or not.
    Would you define what mizzou did this year smoking the SEC? They basically did the SEC equivalent to what ga southern did in the sunbelt. 7-1, but no alabama, miss st, ole miss on their schedule. Again, not downplaying an impressive season. No matter the score, they still lost to ncst and gatech and also got destroyed by a mediocre navy. So in the end, they only beat bad sunbelt teams. Florida was in a tailspin when they beat them as well. The casual fan doesn't even know that happened. We need to get that impressive win. We need to win the conference. That is not the point of my post though. My point is that Ga southern is not on a fast track to a P5 conference.

HUD is not going to Miss ST. PERIOD That is not anti HUD at all!!! I'm just not a sun shine pumper who believes that Hud is all that and a bag of chips like some think... Please tell me, what year did we win Conference outright??? What big time program we beat? Maybe i was sleeping that day and missed it. I just say what a hell of a lot of Cajuns fans think. I'm not anti Hud . Its called being honest and a realist . But you right. For be it for little ole me to question our status truthfully without being labeled anti- whatever .
    Hud will probably get an interview at Mississippi ST if Mullen leaves......as for getting the job?

HUD is not going to Miss ST. PERIOD That is not anti HUD at all!!! I'm just not a sun shine pumper who believes that Hud is all that and a bag of chips like some think... Please tell me, what year did we win Conference outright??? What big time program we beat? Maybe i was sleeping that day and missed it. I just say what a hell of a lot of Cajuns fans think. I'm not anti Hud . Its called being honest and a realist . But you right. For be it for little ole me to question our status truthfully without being labeled anti- whatever .
    Ask any AD if they would consider hiring a coach who took a program known for losing and immediately turned them around to the tune of 35-12. Let me know what you find....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Would you define what mizzou did this year smoking the SEC? They basically did the SEC equivalent to what ga southern did in the sunbelt. 7-1, but no alabama, miss st, ole miss on their schedule. Again, not downplaying an impressive season. No matter the score, they still lost to ncst and gatech and also got destroyed by a mediocre navy. So in the end, they only beat bad sunbelt teams. Florida was in a tailspin when they beat them as well. The casual fan doesn't even know that happened. We need to get that impressive win. We need to win the conference. That is not the point of my post though. My point is that Ga southern is not on a fast track to a P5 conference.
    Hold up. I never said anything about them
    being on track for P-5. I mentioned they didn't play us but I'm not downplaying what they did because of that.

Hold up. I never said anything about them
    being on track for P-5. I mentioned they didn't play us but I'm not downplaying what they did because of that.
    hyperbole

How'd that Rich Rod dismissal go? He built Arizona into a contender and UM continued to flounder. You can say what you want about his defense but he hired a 2 time Super Bowl Champion coach as his DC. All I'm saying is the expectations are to high for the current situation. Mullen would be expected to win the playoff year one with a bare cupboard of groceries to cook with. I know what my intended context was probably didn't read the same to you but oh well blank it.
    You honestly have zero idea what you are talking about. You do realize that Arizona has always been recruiting players that fit Rich Rodriguez's offense, while Michigan did not. It was a culture shock more than anything. Anyone with a ____ing brain can see that. Two time Super Bowl Champion DC? Oh you mean Greg Mattison...yeah Brady Hoke hired him. Not Rich Rodriguez. That's all well and good, I'm sure you just casually omitted that fact. What's wrong with a two time Super Bowl Champion DC? Nothing...apart from the fact that a two time Super Bowl Champion DC isn't that good at developing high school talent. He is great at taking NFL stars and making them play defense. Developing raw talent into something usable...not that great. Two time defending Super Bowl Champion DC sucks at developing college talent. Look at their recruiting classes under Hoke, the cupboard isn't bare at all. Hoke and his staffs main flaw was not developing talent. They recruited on par or a shade below with Ohio State. No way they should get run out of the building by them. Hoke had ample time to fix his problems, as did Rodriguez. The next man up will be given the same time. Before you go spouting off about things you don't know ____ about...maybe you need to take a step back and think about it first.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information