Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mullen to Michigan?

Default Re: Mullen to Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    It's a deadend job with unrealistic expectations and an expiration date. If he goes, he will be fired in 5 years or less. Same thing applies for Mike Riley at Nebraska but hey by all means make your paper boo boo.
    Deadend? Being second only to Texas in money available? Michigan is one of the more marketable names in apparel...and that is with a decade of mediocrity. It's one of the more prestigious jobs in the country. Michigan isn't a sleeping giant...they are a fat, lazy, out of shape giant...that the world needs to fear if they ditch the couch and hit the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    I've read multiple times that Harbaugh is out at SF even if they go all the way. That was a while ago though. Still, it may not be as hard as you think for Michigan to pry him away.
    I think there is some bad blood. Nothing $8 million a year can't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I think there is some bad blood. Nothing $8 million a year can't fix.
    There was a little spat between them when he was the coach at Stanford. He made a comment saying unlike Michigan coaches, he can't just stick his players in PE classes to maintain academic eligibility. It was definitely a gut shot for university who prides itself on academics. However the lure of returning to greatness will override any lingering resentment. I also think Michigan will finally open up its purse strings.

If Aurburn took Malzhan and Ole Miss took Freeze, why wouldn't Mississippi State seriously consider Hud?
    Because Blake Anderson is next in that ASU coaching carousel?

5. UL Football Re: Mullen to Michigan?

I've read multiple times that Harbaugh is out at SF even if they go all the way. That was a while ago though. Still, it may not be as hard as you think for Michigan to pry him away.
    Well they have gone as far as they can go, Seattle put them out of the playoff hunt yesterday. Changes coming in three weeks one way or the other Harbaugh will be doing his thing someplace else.

Harbaugh would be Schembechler reincarnated at Michigan.

Actually, he would win more than Bo did.

His style of play fits Michigan recruiting perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    I think you are jumping the gun labeling the Michigan job as a dead end position. Unless you felt the same way about USC prior to Carrol, or Flordia after Spurrier and before Myer, etc. A college football program has its ups and downs. Being a cajun fan you should know this more than most. With that being said, Michigan is far from being a dead end position. Next thing you will say is that Texas' head coaching position is a dead end job.
    Deadend as if you don't win immediately without all of the ducks in order your_____ is grass. In response to all of your sarcastic nonsense no I didn't because I ain't that old Jack.

If Aurburn took Malzhan and Ole Miss took Freeze, why wouldn't Mississippi State seriously consider Hud?
    put your UL glasses off and look at it honestly.. Hud has not won this pathetic conference outright or beaten a legit team yet.. You think we the only people who noticed that ????

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    Deadend as if you don't win immediately without all of the ducks in order your_____ is grass. In response to all of your sarcastic nonsense no I didn't because I ain't that old Jack.
    At what major program is it acceptable to not win immediately? Both Rich Rod and Hoke were given at least three years to turn the program around. While my response was sarcastic, it did prove my point. I'm only 30 myself but being a sports fan I picked up a bit of knowledge along the way.

How'd that Rich Rod dismissal go? He built Arizona into a contender and UM continued to flounder. You can say what you want about his defense but he hired a 2 time Super Bowl Champion coach as his DC. All I'm saying is the expectations are to high for the current situation. Mullen would be expected to win the playoff year one with a bare cupboard of groceries to cook with. I know what my intended context was probably didn't read the same to you but oh well blank it.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    put your UL glasses off and look at it honestly.. Hud has not won this pathetic conference outright or beaten a legit team yet.. You think we the only people who noticed that ????
    Take your anti HUD glasses off and realize what has happened since he took over this program. One of smallest budgets in FBS, pathetic facilities, zero history of success and little support from the community and all he has done is 4 winning seasons in a row, 3 bowl wins in a row and almost by himself has raised community support to levels never seen before. Just think what he could do with a huge budget, great facilities, and a power conference. I would not bet against him.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    Take your anti HUD glasses off and realize what has happened since he took over this program. One of smallest budgets in FBS, pathetic facilities, zero history of success and little support from the community and all he has done is 4 winning seasons in a row, 3 bowl wins in a row and almost by himself has raised community support to levels never seen before. Just think what he could do with a huge budget, great facilities, and a power conference. I would not bet against him.

HUD is not going to Miss ST. PERIOD That is not anti HUD at all!!! I'm just not a sun shine pumper who believes that Hud is all that and a bag of chips like some think... Please tell me, what year did we win Conference outright??? What big time program we beat? Maybe i was sleeping that day and missed it. I just say what a hell of a lot of Cajuns fans think. I'm not anti Hud . Its called being honest and a realist . But you right. For be it for little ole me to question our status truthfully without being labeled anti- whatever .

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    HUD is not going to Miss ST. PERIOD That is not anti HUD at all!!! I'm just not a sun shine pumper who believes that Hud is all that and a bag of chips like some think... Please tell me, what year did we win Conference outright??? What big time program we beat? Maybe i was sleeping that day and missed it. I just say what a hell of a lot of Cajuns fans think. I'm not anti Hud . Its called being honest and a realist . But you right. For be it for little ole me to question our status truthfully without being labeled anti- whatever .
    I am not a sunshine pumper but a realist and I do not minimize a coaches accomplishments. If what HUD did was so easy why was it not done before. Why before HUD we never won 35 games in 4 years? Any coach in this conference has done this? How many mid major coaches have done this? Thanks for recognizing that I am right. Takes a big man to admit he is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I am not a sunshine pumper but a realist and I do not minimize a coaches accomplishments. If what HUD did was so easy why was it not done before. Why before HUD we never won 35 games in 4 years? Any coach in this conference has done this? How many mid major coaches have done this? Thanks for recognizing that I am right. Takes a big man to admit he is wrong.
    well remember this while your beating your chest. Georgia Southern's Monken has won the conference title OUTRIGHT in his first year and beat Florida last year. Hud????????????????????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information