Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UL vs McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Guys we were mediocre at best in the early part of last year. Come conference time we will be good. I jumped off the ship early last year and had to beg to be let back on. Never again.

Keep the faith.

Z
    There should be plenty of room on the bandwagon. SBC is awful, so we will get some wins in conference. I think express is on to something.

Default Re: UL vs McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    His name is Bob Marlin. UL will always be blah with him as head coach. He got very lucky and got a lottery pick player and we were lucky to get into the NCAA.

You people ran Marty Fletcher off because he only took us to a couple of NCAA tournaments, and actually one one in the big dance. You people hated Jesse, who took us to two dances and I think a couple of NIT. Yet we keep pouring love onto Marlin even as the crowds continue to be UNO like, and the teams mediocre and erratic.
    I'm with you express!

3. Default

This is year five. He picked JJ as a player. Long is a unique get as was EP. We are getting stomped on a regular basis. Auburn stomped us and lost to Coastal Carolina. How many years do you want to love on a mediocre coach.

Z says we will be good in conference. I doubt that, but we will be OK there. So that is now our top tier belief UL basketball is now about the equivalent of McNeese, Jackson State, Troy and the like.

Sorry but that is not good enough for me, not when this guy is being paid like a coach who wins. Unfortunately you will see him for at least three more years because he got another renewal last season.

You want to see a guy who makes gold out of straw. You just have to look at the women side of UL basketball. He is not far away from being very good, and this going into his third season, and starting with almost nothing. Marlin has done nothing close to that.
    Trust me man, I've had my doubts. I don't "love" or hate Marlin, I was just curious of why you had that opinion. You may be on to something

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Z keep the faith in Marlin, I understand you have trouble sleeping so watching or listening to a Marlin coached team will help you sleep. If not just listen to slow talking Bob after a game.

We do not have a lottery player on this team. We are saddled with a decade of average to bad basketball with this dude, just like Bustle.
    I find your contribution to this thread troublesome. Your accusation is incredulous. Z has trouble sleeping!? Z?!

5. Default

Z keep the faith in Marlin, I understand you have trouble sleeping so watching or listening to a Marlin coached team will help you sleep. If not just listen to slow talking Bob after a game.

We do not have a lottery player on this team. We are saddled with a decade of average to bad basketball with this dude, just like Bustle.
    He made Elfrid, Elfred.

Other coaches would have not made him the point guard until he could shoot.

6. Default Re: UL vs McNeese

Sadly your vermilion glasses are clouding your vision. Lots of successful coaches have defensive point guards. Marling made EP is in fact only true to the point is he can coach fundamentals. Lots of assistant coaches can do that.

Turbine come March you can tell me how Marlin did this, and did that. After all this is his 5th class. Most quality coaches do it in three tops.

7. Default

Sadly your vermilion glasses are clouding your vision. Lots of successful coaches have defensive point guards. Marling made EP is in fact only true to the point is he can coach fundamentals. Lots of assistant coaches can do that.

Turbine come March you can tell me how Marlin did this, and did that. After all this is his 5th class. Most quality coaches do it in three tops.
    Just looking for positives, so you are correct there.

Short term last night needs bashing.

Long term I don't see what you are seeing m

8. Default Re: UL vs McNeese

Well Turb, if in late February or early March Marlin has this team in contention for a West Divison crown it would not be that big a deal. About the only good team in the Division is UALR, and stAte. So if we be second or third not such a big deal. If we end up first a mildly good thing.

Is that what you expect under a 5th year coach? That is all I am asking? Can we not hope for and expect more?

Did you notice our women's basketball coach took over a dead program, and has totally turned things around in just his third season? The program he inherited was in much worse shape than Marlin took over. Zero quality players, ran some off to make room for freshman. That sir is what I hope and expect from Marlin. Instead I get history lessons on how wonderful coach Shipley was. Duh, right.

March will tell the tale of Bob Marlin 2014/15 but we got him til 2017/18 good or bad.

I beleive Marlin is a good coach. I don't know enough to judge on my own, but the basketball guys I know have a lot of respect for him and I'm happy to take their word for it. But let's be honest, the results haven't been there. We made it to the tournament but we were still only the second best Sun Belt team that year, and we still aren't close to where we thought we'd be. There doesn't seem to be much excitement for the team and attendance still hasn't picked up from where it used to be. If I'm being honest I have to say I expected more.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I don't have trouble sleeping.or eating. or drinking or smoking.

Merry Christmas.

Z

We just can't shake losing games we shouldn't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I beleive Marlin is a good coach. I don't know enough to judge on my own, but the basketball guys I know have a lot of respect for him and I'm happy to take their word for it. But let's be honest, the results haven't been there. We made it to the tournament but we were still only the second best Sun Belt team that year, and we still aren't close to where we thought we'd be. There doesn't seem to be much excitement for the team and attendance still hasn't picked up from where it used to be. If I'm being honest I have to say I expected more.
    We all expected more. We likely underrated the impact of time needed to develop chemistry, injuries (big factor so far), and the inconsistent point guard play. Just when it looked like Jay Wright was showing promise there, he gets sick. He was really missed last night. That being said, it was a poor effort lasy night. Rebounding and turnovers stats show that. 3 point percentage was low as well as free throw shooting. Improvement rapidly needed to avoid a Tech drubbing. Who knows, Wright may get well and spark them. By the way, there is no divisional play this year. We play all teams twice for 20 league games.

Tired of losing to McNeese in basketball AND football.

14. Default Re: UL vs McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We all expected more. We likely underrated the impact of time needed to develop chemistry, injuries (big factor so far), and the inconsistent point guard play. Just when it looked like Jay Wright was showing promise there, he gets sick. He was really missed last night. That being said, it was a poor effort lasy night. Rebounding and turnovers stats show that. 3 point percentage was low as well as free throw shooting. Improvement rapidly needed to avoid a Tech drubbing. Who knows, Wright may get well and spark them. By the way, there is no divisional play this year. We play all teams twice for 20 league games.
    Yea, I somehow miscounted the teams and thought there were 12. In any case that means we will not be playing for anything close to a championship of any nature.

Yea, I somehow miscounted the teams and thought there were 12. In any case that means we will not be playing for anything close to a championship of any nature.
    You probably are right as performances like the other night will not allow us to be competitive against Georgia State. We have some time to improve as we play them one month from today.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information