Thread: UL vs McNeese

1. Default Re: UL vs McNeese

It's been dissapointing to say the least

Default Re: UL vs McNeese

Lose to McNeese by 10? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's been dissapointing to say the least
    Maybe Basketball is suffering from the same syndrome that football did early on: buying into the preseason hype. Let's hope they make the same turnaround.

Blood boiling How do we lose to Mickey neese? We are supposed to be the superior university! Embarrassing!

Yep LeeMan, poor performance, sad these young men can't get up for a game like this, sad!

Anybody know why Jay Wright didn't play tonight?

Just as we think the basketball program is turning things around, this crap happens. Yes we lost Elfrid, but this year we were supposed to be deeper and more athletic at every position. Definitely not seeing it. It's a long season but if things don't turn around quick it'll be a REALLY long season.

football lost to tech, b ball lost to mcleast COME ON BOYS OF SUMMER!!!! looking forward to our baseballers

9. UL Basketball Re: UL vs McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Just as we think the basketball program is turning things around, this crap happens. Yes we lost Elfrid, but this year we were supposed to be deeper and more athletic at every position. Definitely not seeing it. It's a long season but if things don't turn around quick it'll be a REALLY long season.
    His name is Bob Marlin. UL will always be blah with him as head coach. He got very lucky and got a lottery pick player and we were lucky to get into the NCAA.

You people ran Marty Fletcher off because he only took us to a couple of NCAA tournaments, and actually one one in the big dance. You people hated Jesse, who took us to two dances and I think a couple of NIT. Yet we keep pouring love onto Marlin even as the crowds continue to be UNO like, and the teams mediocre and erratic.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    His name is Bob Marlin. UL will always be blah with him as head coach. He got very lucky and got a lottery pick player and we were lucky to get into the NCAA.

You people ran Marty Fletcher off because he only took us to a couple of NCAA tournaments, and actually one one in the big dance. You people hated Jesse, who took us to two dances and I think a couple of NIT. Yet we keep pouring love onto Marlin even as the crowds continue to be UNO like, and the teams mediocre and erratic.
    I'm fishing in the same hole as you Express!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Guys we were mediocre at best in the early part of last year. Come conference time we will be good. I jumped off the ship early last year and had to beg to be let back on. Never again.

Keep the faith.

Z

12. Default Re: UL vs McNeese

Z keep the faith in Marlin, I understand you have trouble sleeping so watching or listening to a Marlin coached team will help you sleep. If not just listen to slow talking Bob after a game.

We do not have a lottery player on this team. We are saddled with a decade of average to bad basketball with this dude, just like Bustle.

13. Default

Z keep the faith in Marlin, I understand you have trouble sleeping so watching or listening to a Marlin coached team will help you sleep. If not just listen to slow talking Bob after a game.

We do not have a lottery player on this team. We are saddled with a decade of average to bad basketball with this dude, just like Bustle.
    I'm not understanding the dislike for Marlin Started well, hit a rough spot with an essential rebuild after JJ left and the ridding of some bad eggs, then landed Long and Elfrid, and road them to the NCAAs

14. Default Re: UL vs McNeese

This is year five. He picked JJ as a player. Long is a unique get as was EP. We are getting stomped on a regular basis. Auburn stomped us and lost to Coastal Carolina. How many years do you want to love on a mediocre coach.

Z says we will be good in conference. I doubt that, but we will be OK there. So that is now our top tier belief UL basketball is now about the equivalent of McNeese, Jackson State, Troy and the like.

Sorry but that is not good enough for me, not when this guy is being paid like a coach who wins. Unfortunately you will see him for at least three more years because he got another renewal last season.

You want to see a guy who makes gold out of straw. You just have to look at the women side of UL basketball. He is not far away from being very good, and this going into his third season, and starting with almost nothing. Marlin has done nothing close to that.

Jesse went to 1 NIT. Louisiana Tech hung 20 on him. With the exception of a season opening win at Miss St(and ironically they lost the next game, to Mcneese) his teams always had poor records because key players were always out with academic issues until conference play began. Non of Marlin's players wear ankle braclets, get arrested for assault (hello Robert Jupiter) or sit out with academic issues(Shea Whitting, Michael Southall, Anthony Johnson).

If you don't like Marlin that's fine. I happen to think he's the best we've had here since Bobby Paschal. But please, Jesse Evans? I'll pass.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information