Thread: New Orleans Hornets to hold training camp at UL

UL Basketball New Orleans Hornets to hold training camp at UL

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss.o_hold_tr.html

The New Orleans Hornets have scheduled a press conference in Lafayette on Wednesday where the team will announce it will hold training camp there beginning Sept. 29, a team source confirmed on Tuesday.

The Hornets will work for a week at UL in the Leon Moncla Indoor Practice facility on the UL-L campus.

UL Basketball Hornets to Practice at UL

Saw this on NOLA.com. I think this is a good thing.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss.o_hold_tr.html

3. Default Re: Hornets to Practice at UL

Cool. Is there anything about this in the local media? Will there be any media days or is it just private practices. Great idea for improving their fan base.

Default Re: Hornets to Practice at UL

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    _ Cool. Is there anything about this in the local media? Will there be any media days or is it just private practices. Great idea for improving their fan base. _
    Per Bil, press conference tomorrow.

5. Default Re: Hornets to Practice at UL

Hornets to Practice at UL

The rest of the story

Will any of these pratices be open to the public??

There was a short segment about it this morning on KATC. I remember hearing that they would be in town until the beginning of October. I believe they also said that there would be a scrimmage open to the public on October 2nd. They will be practicing at the indoor facility. That is all i remember.maybe more on the news tonight.

8. Default Re: Hornets to Practice at UL

I wonder if they will notice how M.D. Descant built the BBPF to small to house a reguluation basketball court?

Well the good news is we won't see many Hornets players running into the crowd after a fast break.

Not sure but I think the court is regulation. What happen is that they was suppose to build it to accomadate the goals that they had in the dome. When they found out that the building was a little short they had to modify the goals to fit. But I think the court is regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Not sure but I think the court is regulation. What happen is that they was suppose to build it to accomadate the goals that they had in the dome. When they found out that the building was a little short they had to modify the goals to fit. But I think the court is regulation.
    I find it almost impossible to believe this is the construction companies fault. Look at the architects or the University reps who signed off on the construction drawings but I seriously doubt the construction company would put up a building with dimensions that far off from the CD's. And if they did you can still point back at the architects or whoever else was responsible for inspection and approval for not catching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    _ I find it almost impossible to believe this is the construction companies fault. Look at the architects or the University reps who signed off on the construction drawings but I seriously doubt the construction company would put up a building with dimensions that far off from the CD's. And if they did you can still point back at the architects or whoever else was responsible for inspection and approval for not catching it. _
    I'm in no way blaming the construction co. Just saying that I think the court is regulation and that they had to cut the goal platform to fit. The area behind the base line was to short so they had to make modification to the goals. The size of the floor was ok. It's just that the goals they plan to put in was to big

I'm in no way blaming the construction co. Just saying that I think the court is regulation and that they had to cut the goal platform to fit. The area behind the base line was to short so they had to make modification to the goals. The size of the floor was ok. It's just that the goals they plan to put in was to big
    I didn't mean to imply that you did. Probably should have quoted Turbines post instead. I think there are plenty of reasons to give Descant a hard time just not in this case.

13. UL Basketball Re: Hornets to Practice at UL

_ Not sure but I think the court is regulation. What happen is that they was suppose to build it to accomadate the goals that they had in the dome. When they found out that the building was a little short they had to modify the goals to fit. But I think the court is regulation. _
    Like most arena's these days the goals sit on the wood floor.

The playing area is regulation but they built the building smaller than the size of the wood floor and had to shorten the floor so now it has less buffer zone.

My point is if you get used to practicing there -with the wall so close- you shouldn't have a problem diving into crowds during a real game.

Thread Information