Thread: Hugh Freeze agrees to contract at Ole Miss

1. Default Hugh Freeze agrees to contract at Ole Miss

Multiple people are reporting that Hugh Freeze has signed a contract extension with Ole Miss, meaning he is not leaving Oxford.

I thought in my head, there was a chance, if Freeze left Ole Miss for Florida, that Hud would be a candidate for the Ole Miss job. That seems not to be an issue now.

Default Re: Hugh Freeze agrees to contract at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Multiple people are reporting that Hugh Freeze has signed a contract extension with Ole Miss, meaning he is not leaving Oxford.

I thought in my head, there was a chance, if Freeze left Ole Miss for Florida, that Hud would be a candidate for the Ole Miss job. That seems not to be an issue now.
    Sexton help him get around $4 Mil on his new contract. Everything worked out well for Freeze.

whew, glad I didn't have to get out my knee pads

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sexton help him get around $4 Mil on his new contract. Everything worked out well for Freeze.
    Odds that would have happen to Florida? Or was it just playing a side against Ole Miss to leverage more money?

Florida denies an offer. That doesn't mean they didn't gauge interest. How much of it was leverage versus reality.we will never know. Freeze doesn't care.cause either way he gets Paid.

Hard to imagine him leaving especially with the emotion he showed after the Bama win. That dude is home.

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    Hard to imagine him leaving especially with the emotion he showed after the Bama win. That dude is home.
    You have to figure in.winning a National Title at Ole Miss.versus winning a National Title at Florida. If the money was better.I'd be on a plane to Gainesville. Emotion only takes one so far. Common sense comes into play.

A good agent probably "leaks" info . real or made up doesn't matter . his client gets a raise and he gets a bonus.

Hook 'em horns!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    You have to figure in.winning a National Title at Ole Miss.versus winning a National Title at Florida. If the money was better.I'd be on a plane to Gainesville. Emotion only takes one so far. Common sense comes into play.
    I mean obviously. Chances of getting you ___ canned for decency increases as well. See Pelini.

With all the rumors about Harbaugh leaving San Fran at the end of the year, does anyone think he could wind up at Florida?

11. Default Re: Hugh Freeze agrees to contract at Ole Miss

Harbaugh will be the head coach at the Oakland Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Harbaugh will be the head coach at the Oakland Raiders.
    That makes me laugh in an evil way.

I know HUD is the 2nd Coming to you Cajunshe's a great coach after all, but no way in hell would Florida seriously want him. They want a high profile, offense minded HC.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    I know HUD is the 2nd Coming to you Cajunshe's a great coach after all, but no way in hell would Florida seriously want him. They want a high profile, offense minded HC.
    I don't think anyone mentioning Hud as a legitimate candidate. But the same could be said about Skip as well. Now I could see Diaz returning to Florida as a DC.

Thread Information