Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern Has has appealed to the NCAA to try to get bowl-eligible

1. Default Georgia Southern Has has appealed to the NCAA to try to get bowl-eligible

TROY, Ala. – For a while, it looked like a fourth straight New Orleans Bowl invitation for the Ragin’ Cajuns might come as soon as Sunday.

Not anymore.

The 8-4 Cajuns still are overwhelming favorites to get the New Orleans Bowl’s call. But a slight snag has UL waiting a bit longer for its postseason plans to be made official.

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Georgia Southern Has has appealed to the NCAA to try to get bowl-eligible

Meaning what? They'd take GA So over us if they win the appeal? Pipe dream- but I'd love it if they matched us up.

Default Re: Georgia Southern Has has appealed to the NCAA to try to get bowl-eligible

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    Meaning what? They'd take GA So over us if they win the appeal? Pipe dream- but I'd love it if they matched us up.
    Oh, I'm sure Karl would love that.

NO bowl wouldn't be that dumb.

There is 78 teams qualified for 76 slots. Good luck next year GSU hope we are out of this dumpster fire of a comfrence by then

Not gonna happen (GA Southern bowl exemption, I mean).

Keep it up Georgia Southern. Y'all knew the rules and now you don't want to follow them. Holding up a few bids from being lined up and angering those who have played by the rules. As it is, at least one qualified SBC team won't go bowling. GSU and then possibly Appy comes into play if they succeed (which I doubt).

I guess we can move out the SBC's "most hated status"

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Keep it up Georgia Southern. Y'all knew the rules and now you don't want to follow them. Holding up a few bids from being lined up and angering those who have played by the rules. As it is, at least one qualified SBC team won't go bowling. GSU and then possibly Appy comes into play if they succeed (which I doubt).

They are appealing the NCAA, denied once.

It would be genius to pit the two schools against each other. It would definitely get my blood boiling for an early Saturday morning match up. But it aint happening. This is why the SBC needs a twelve team al sports conference with a conference championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    There is 78 teams qualified for 76 slots. Good luck next year GSU hope we are out of this dumpster fire of a comfrence by then
    We can call it a dumpster fire when we sail through it. Until then we are still in the bottom half of college football. when we start making some people shat their pants in their own house, then we can start complaining. and Conference USA is no better, just a little more money split a lot more ways!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It would be genius to pit the two schools against each other. It would definitely get my blood boiling for an early Saturday morning match up. But it aint happening. This is why the SBC needs a twelve team al sports conference with a conference championship game.
    It would be a de facto championship game instead of a reward for a decent regular season by playing a member of a larger conference on national TV. I would hate to see another SBC team in the NOLA Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

In the same situation, I would want our administration to push, and I wouldn't care who got ____ed off.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    In the same situation, I would want our administration to push, and I wouldn't care who got ____ed off.
    Hell yeah. If I am a fan and donor of Georgia Southern this is what you want from your administration.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Can't disagree with your hypothesis. But since I'm not a fan of South Georgia.____ 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    It would be a de facto championship game instead of a reward for a decent regular season by playing a member of a larger conference on national TV. I would hate to see another SBC team in the NOLA Bowl.
    You mean like the defacto national championship game between LSU & Alabama a couple of years ago? Yeah everybody wants to see a school from china play a school from germany way more than they want to see a neighborhood loser leaves town blood match. Your right to have that Dusty Rhodes avatar officially been revoked.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information