Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Bowl Projections

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So let me just make sure I follow You'd rather get embarrassed, in front of a smaller crowd then find a better much up that'll bring more fans. Because it's a name?
    Who from the MWC would bring anyone? Doesn't seem like NO bowl was to concerned with attendance when they contracted MWC for bowl. Show me a bowl of that size who has great attendance from one school much less both! It don't happen! That's why what we have done has been phenomenal. Hell Tulane couldn't bring anyone!

Default Re: Bowl Projections 11/25/2014

I would rather a southern team with a less sexy name that will bring 5 to 8K. That's what going to the NO bowl is about right, making money? We won't win any recruiting wars by beating Fresno State, I don't believe we are going after any on the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    I would rather a southern team with a less sexy name that will bring 5 to 8K. That's what going to the NO bowl is about right, making money? We won't win any recruiting wars by beating Fresno State, I don't believe we are going after any on the west coast.
    But the bowl is contracted to the MWC so odds are its a MWC team unless not enough qualify for bowl. No one said of all the teams we want Fresno St. If contracts says MWC team than Fresno St is good with me.

I want the weakest team available. I have no desire to be embarrassed at a bowl game by an Air Force team that beat Boise. My two cents and I am sure it is not even worth that.

5. Default Re: Bowl Projections 11/25/2014

If MWC doesn't qualify, who's next in line? Fresno ain't beatin' Boise.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Who from the MWC would bring anyone? Doesn't seem like NO bowl was to concerned with attendance when they contracted MWC for bowl. Show me a bowl of that size who has great attendance from one school much less both! It don't happen! That's why what we have done has been phenomenal. Hell Tulane couldn't bring anyone!
    Very few fan bases have singularly had the bowl attendance that Louisiana fans have put forth in New Orleans.

I'm not saying they couldn't but for example, Alabama would never have as many fans in the Sugar Bowl as UL did in the Nola bowl.

If MWC doesn't qualify, who's next in line? Fresno ain't beatin' Boise.
    MWC will qualify unless Hawaii beats Fresno in Fresno. MWC has 6 bowl eligible teams now for 6 bowl tie-ins. If Fresno beats Hawaii, they will play in the conference championship game, representing the West division against, most likely, Boise State. NCAA allows 6-7 teams that played in their conference championship game to qualify for bowls, so that will give the MWC 7 bowl eligible teams. Even if Boise gets into the access bowl, that will still be 6 teams for 6 tie-ins, and the New Orleans Bowl is #6 in the MWC pecking order.

There are 45 threads about how our secondary is the worst in college football history I real passing offense would destroy this defense Embarrassing would be the word
    Correct.

We should hope for Air Force.

id rather cal like one of them says if it has to be a west coast team. I know that is just dreaming, but whatever

Western Kentucky is working very hard to remove Marshall from the access bowl picture. They are up 42-35 with over 7 minutes left in the SECOND QUARTER at Marshall.

49-42, WKU at the half.

Northern Illinois stays in the major bowl discussion with their 31-21 victory over Western Michigan. They will play Bowling Green for the MAC Championship next week. With only 2 losses, both to bowl teams, and a conference champion, they will automatically be reviewed by the committee for a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Northern Illinois stays in the major bowl discussion with their 31-21 victory over Western Michigan. They will play Bowling Green for the MAC Championship next week. With only 2 losses, both to bowl teams, and a conference champion, they will automatically be reviewed by the committee for a chance.
    Man, did we screw the pooch for some good pub or what?

59-59 with 39 seconds left. Do we want Western to cost C-USA money?

No money for C-USA! 67-66, Western makes the two pointer in overtime.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information