Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Best coaches in UL history.

It sure is good that we are having this debate whether or not HUD is the best coach in UL history and not the worst.
    How many teams and boards are on the flip side right now.
    While we were 1-3, how many of you would have taken a crystal ball reading that we would wind up 8-4 and in the New Orleans Bowl? This dude would've thought it was unlikely.

Default Re: Best coaches in UL history.

When we were 1-3, and I saw the mangy dogs that we had left (i.e. our SBC foes), I EXPECTED to go at LEAST 7-1.
    After we beat stAte, I then changed my expectations to 8-0 in the Belch. Even when I expected 7-1, I did NOT expect the 1L to be to a former D 1AA team -- AT HOME.
    Yes, success does raise expectations -- but that is a good thing. It is something we have not had to "Suffer through" with football since I arrived in LA in 1982.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

ill add some pepper to the gumbo. sat down with someone no long ago that would trade bob marlin for robert lee "in a heart beat" let that ____ sink in-alright back to what we were talking about

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

For anyone believing it's common to think something of yesteryear was better than the present, just because it was "their time". it is just as common to have someone discount the past when the present is more "their time". I overlapped, as many on here did, as an alumni (not student) when Stokley started all the way until now. I was never out of the loop during those years. Why is it so inconceivable that Stokley is regarded as a better Xs and Os coach? The only people that can judge Stokley versus Hud must be fans that watched both eras of football with equal interest as an adult. Personally, I don't care about the other BS some of you are trying to compare. You're just drifting away from the only valid analysis. and that has to provided by marginal to good football coaching tactics evaluators that watched both coaches in action, as an adult, as a fan of the Cajuns. If you don't fit this category, then be quiet.

And, no one needs to walk away with their panties twisted up. We're still giving props, no matter which side you fall on, to one of our own coaches.

X es and O s . Stokley by a MILE

6. Default Re: Best coaches in UL history.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    ill add some pepper to the gumbo. sat down with someone no long ago that would trade bob marlin for robert lee "in a heart beat" let that ____ sink in-alright back to what we were talking about
    It worked, I have a sinking feeling.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information