Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread: UL-KSU Game Thread

Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thank you! Yeah, we did hang over a couple times (Because the goddamn drummers don't know how to watch and start us off on time). The rules are that we're not supposed to play while the other team is on offense, and we can't play during the plays. Time outs are fine, etc and so forth. We did get a warning from the refs last year at ULM because we were playing with reckless abandon (as requested by the AD).

We've been working on stands stuff a lot more lately. I think SU's band coming over was the straw that broke the camel's back, when we decided to say, "Hey, EFF YOU, we can play too!" _

Ooh, Bandfight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Ooh, Bandfight!!! _
    Leave the band fighting to southern and prarie view A&M

3. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ Does NT bring a marching band? I know that is a mega top notch music dept. _
    They do have a great music. dept. I don't think they'll bring their band. I don't remember them ever coming down, it's kinda far to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thank you! Yeah, we did hang over a couple times (Because the goddamn drummers don't know how to watch and start us off on time). The rules are that we're not supposed to play while the other team is on offense, and we can't play during the plays. Time outs are fine, etc and so forth. We did get a warning from the refs last year at ULM because we were playing with reckless abandon (as requested by the AD).

We've been working on stands stuff a lot more lately. I think SU's band coming over was the straw that broke the camel's back, when we decided to say, "Hey, EFF YOU, we can play too!" _
    Don't get me wrong. I think it is a stupid rule that prohibits a band from playing while the enemy is on offense. I mean some universities put 100k in the stands. It's called home field advantage. So why should it matter if UL wants to play a little loud music/band to make up for the 85,000 missing fans

5. Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LSUTiger4RaginCajuns View Post
    _ Don't get me wrong. I think it is a stupid rule that prohibits a band from playing while the enemy is on offense. I mean some universities put 100k in the stands. It's called home field advantage. So why should it matter if UL wants to play a little loud music/band to make up for the 85,000 missing fans _

Haha, I agree!!

The rules were more lax in high school. I remember us playing "Iron Man", many times at the d-line's request, to get them pumped up!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread Information