Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: UL-KSU Game Thread

Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ I don't believe the 16K attendance. for one, it didn't look like it, and two, it was juuuust enough to break the old two game record. To me, it looked like about 12-13K.

But it was pretty impressive, with a light crowd we were yelling so loud it was disrupting KSU's offense. I'm pretty sure one of the timeouts was because of the crowd.

By the last drive it had to be deafening down on the field. _

I disagree, I thought it looked about right for that attendance.

1st Quarter
    Kansas State Safety - TEAM Safety. 2:43 Remaining.
    2nd Quarter
    UL Lafayette Touchdown - 13-yard run by Undrea Sails. (Tyler Albrecht kick). 9:37 Remaining.
    UL Lafayette Touchdown - 1-yard pass from Chris Masson to Luke Aubrey. (Tyler Albrecht kick). 0:05 Remaining.
    3rd Quarter
    No Scoring
    4th Quarter
    Kansas State Touchdown - 3-yard pass from Daniel Thomas to Jeron Mastrud. (kick failed). 14:56 Remaining.
    Kansas State Touchdown - 3-yard run by Daniel Thomas. (Josh Cherry kick). 8:08 Remaining.
    UL Lafayette Field Goal - 48-yarder by Tyler Albrecht. 0:32 Remaining.

Officials
    Referee: Tony Backert Umpire:Stan Weihe Jr.
    Line Judge: Bryan Boril Side Judge:Wayne Rundell
    Head Linesman: Scott Petersen Back Judgeonnie Aultman
    Field Judge: DuVal West
    Attendance/Time
    Attendance: 16431

Wow! that's a far cry from some of the locals prediction

3. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thank you, and I agree with the playing too much during offense. _
    If we make a good play or need a pepper -upper----YOU do it between plays and make it short unless there is a time out----You could just play the Hustle up and bustle up and fight on to victory geaux UL---Alabama does this with just part of their fight song---go Alabama!!!

4. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Doc Many people were standing under the upper deck to get out of the rain --I think---Also I wonder if they counted the folks in the press box???? Sad but I guess many stayed under there t-gating tent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    _ 1st Quarter
    Kansas State Safety - TEAM Safety. 2:43 Remaining.
    2nd Quarter
    UL Lafayette Touchdown - 13-yard run by Undrea Sails. (Tyler Albrecht kick). 9:37 Remaining.
    UL Lafayette Touchdown - 1-yard pass from Chris Masson to Luke Aubrey. (Tyler Albrecht kick). 0:05 Remaining.
    3rd Quarter
    No Scoring
    4th Quarter
    Kansas State Touchdown - 3-yard pass from Daniel Thomas to Jeron Mastrud. (kick failed). 14:56 Remaining.
    Kansas State Touchdown - 3-yard run by Daniel Thomas. (Josh Cherry kick). 8:08 Remaining.
    UL Lafayette Field Goal - 48-yarder by Tyler Albrecht. 0:32 Remaining.

Officials
    Referee: Tony Backert Umpire:Stan Weihe Jr.
    Line Judge: Bryan Boril Side Judge:Wayne Rundell
    Head Linesman: Scott Petersen Back Judgeonnie Aultman
    Field Judge: DuVal West
    Attendance/Time

Wow! that's a far cry from some of the locals prediction _

The weather kept most people away

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

How many attended the Southern game Saturday? I'm just curious if rain also keeps your attendance numbers down. I was impressed that we (UL) had a packed parking lot on Saturday. We not only have a lot of fair-weathered fans and a group that goes to LSU home games, but we have a big tailgating habit of not leaving the tents and heading into the game. It aggravates me. but there is little that will change that, other than having much higher expectations built around a winning program.

I know you're digging us a little for our pre KSU attendance predictions. but seriously, if the weather would have been predicted sunny or at least partly cloudy with minimal rain, and Saturday would have started out as a nice day, we would have almost doubled our attendance. I'm not proud that we don't pull our own into the stadium any better than that. but I see a lot of other state schools who smack us. that even on a sunny mild temperatured day. even when they are on a win streak. cannot pull in our numbers of fans.

When we get going (been saying that for decades) we are going to be a force to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post
    _ Just wanted to stop by and say congrats on your two W's.

Here's to hoping you all finish the season strong. _
    Dude seriously? You have been bashing us for the past two weeks on latechbbb.com and you come on here to congratulate us. Go back to bashing the Cajuns and our 2-0 record with the rest of your miserable fan base.

"Silly post. Go settle down.

It doesn't say anything because it hasn't happened. Yay for usl beating a team that any other school in the state would whip soundly. We have a 1 and 1 with Navy. They beat us we'll beat them. Done and done."

You really think that every state school would pound them? Well that Miss. St. team you guys beat last year was just as bad and you guys pounded your chest like you just beat the SEC champs.

The problem is Littleshoe, you live in Lafayette, where it is in this order, LSU, UL, high school football, then McNeese and finally one poor soul pulling for Tech, which happens to be you.

You show your true colors on your board and try to play nice on here, it doesn't work.

Oh yeah, Tech might win 5 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ How many attended the Southern game Saturday? I'm just curious if rain also keeps your attendance numbers down. I was impressed that we (UL) had a packed parking lot on Saturday. We not only have a lot of fair-weathered fans and a group that goes to LSU home games, but we have a big tailgating habit of not leaving the tents and heading into the game. It aggravates me. but there is little that will change that, other than having much higher expectations built around a winning program.

I know you're digging us a little for our pre KSU attendance predictions. but seriously, if the weather would have been predicted sunny or at least partly cloudy with minimal rain, and Saturday would have started out as a nice day, we would have almost doubled our attendance. I'm not proud that we don't pull our own into the stadium any better than that. but I see a lot of other state schools who smack us. that even on a sunny mild temperatured day. even when they are on a win streak. cannot pull in our numbers of fans.

When we get going (been saying that for decades) we are going to be a force to deal with. _

The announced attendance was 8,900 wasn't it?? Great following. It must be fun to have a program that your fans would rather watch you on the road rather than at home.

Well, SU averages 16,323 per game. and I would bet it's a lot less than that in the rain.

Anyway, we won. Now we move on to LSU.

Actually not digging anyone simply making an observation but it's pretty clear your fans are pretty overly sensitive about a whole lot of nothing. If I were digging I'd say something like "You sure y'all don't want to schedule us for the remainder of the season?"

Anyway it actually was what I expected going by you guys previous trend and it'll probably dwindle as the season goes on if the trend continues.

Our game wasn't anything to brag about partly because of the rain but mainly because of internal issues and the club team we played. I mean look at the score for god sake, that should say it all there or at least part of it.

Anyhoo glad you guys won.wanna play us next week again?
    igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

BTW wassup with you guys board or is it my computer?

igeaux.mobi

_ Actually not digging anyone simply making an observation but it's pretty clear your fans are pretty overly sensitive about a whole lot of nothing. If I were digging I'd say something like "You sure y'all don't want to schedule us for the remainder of the season?"

Anyway it actually was what I expected going by you guys previous trend and it'll probably dwindle as the season goes on if the trend continues.
    igeaux.mobi _
    So are you telling me that we will have less attendance in each game from here on out or what. You have no idea what you are talking about if that's what you are saying. Do you know what our lowest attendance was last year? 15,321 and that was a midweek game to close the season. Last season we never got rained on if I remember correctly. Plus, our attendance was more like a bell curve last year with homecoming being the highest and 3rd of 5 home games last year. 4 of our 5 games last year had over 18,000 and 3 of the 5 had over 20,000.

I'm not telling you anything, I'm just making an observation base on not just last year but the whole sum and recent trends
    108 La.-Lafayette 6 83,970 13,995 -1,061 2003

Sun Belt (I-A)#9 42 *758,249 *18,054 Up 3,133 Up 71,890 2004

95. La.-Lafayette 5 87,957 17,591 2005

117. La.-Lafayette 6 87,096 14,516 2006

103. La.-Lafayette 6 99,904 16,651 2007

88. La.-Lafayette 5 107,342 21,468 2008

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ I didn't find it as bad last night, the thing is, to start and stop the piped in music is simply hitting a button, to start and stop a band is a much different situation.

I think it's fine when we really don't have time to get up something and play it without waiting too long or finishing after the play starts. I love when they play "Hell's Bells", but I think they need to start it a little later so that people hear the beginning of the song to know what it is. As for the rap, we're never going to play any rap songs, and when they do play a snippets of "We Ready" and the "Cupid Shuffle", I know on our side the crowd gets into it. In the case of a couple times last night, since we did step up and play a lot more, it gave us a chance to have a break and have some fun without having to play.

Like someone else said, we're not the only school that pipes in music, we're just doing what a lot of other schools do.

(Oh, and I'm sorry for the ESPN theme so much last night, we were getting tired of it too. I think that us being filmed by ESPN had a lot to do with it though.) _
    Bandleader,

I know I was one of the more vocal ones last week, but I have to give you guys your due.

Ya'll stepped it up considerably and it showed.

I'll let the ESPN stingers slide this week.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information