Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: UL-KSU Game Thread

Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

For a rain game 15k is good. Congrats to all the players and coaches this is their win. Anyone wonder how the RCAF will be affected by beating a BCS team at home, and LSU stinking it up again at home this time. The worm is beginning to turn my friends. Its a great, great day to be a Ragin Cajun.

Default Re: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rwcajun View Post
    _ Way to go CAJUNS

Congrats on a hard fought game

Also congrats to die hard fans _
    How are you folks doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    My director (Dr. Wag for those that know him) and I were saddened by the amount of students that told me that it was the Japs and didn't get the Animal House reference! _
    I think it's pretty clear what needs to happen for practice Monday, then. Time to watch some film.

_
    Sorry we couldn't do the Ragin' March or pregame show, the rain was just too much of an issue. I tell you what though, my chops are SHOT from blasting all tonight! I ould barely make it through the fight songs at the end of the game!
    I sat same spot as last week, D1, under the deck, across from you guys. It was at least 50% louder, much clearer. You guys sounded great. A couple times in the 4th Masson was trying to audible & I thought maybe ya'll should have cut it. Other than that, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballjone View Post
    _ CONGRATS, CONGRATS, now stay healthy for LSU, NEBRASKA, so we can win the Conference and go BOWLING!!! Starting to believe a lil more. 2-0, how long has it been. I know a win like this and everyone is happy. Lets go LOUISIANA. JUST WIN BABY!!! _
    1990 I think

We are doing good. We are coming to a few games and will stop by. Greg was at the game and lovin it.

7. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    _ I sat same spot as last week, D1, under the deck, across from you guys. It was at least 50% louder, much clearer. You guys sounded great. A couple times in the 4th Masson was trying to audible & I thought maybe ya'll should have cut it. Other than that, very nice. _
    Thank you, and I agree with the playing too much during offense.

_ Thank you, and I agree with the playing too much during offense. _

I agree, the band seemed much more into it for this game. Just a question though. When you play at halftime, the band is extremely loud but when in the stands it is obviously more muted. Is it just the music or what makes the difference in the sound?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rwcajun View Post
    We are doing good. We are coming to a few games and will stop by. Greg was at the game and lovin it.
    Looking forward to it. You missed Fried Gator and tons of Shrimp.The K State crew brought ribs and the Bacon Explosion!!

Epic tailgating, unfortunately the crowd s.u.cked.

Z
    http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

10. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I agree, the band seemed much more into it for this game. Just a question though. When you play at halftime, the band is extremely loud but when in the stands it is obviously more muted. Is it just the music or what makes the difference in the sound? _
    The music, for one, we're closer to you that makes a difference also, and for halftime all we're doing is focusing on our show and music, when we're in the stands, we have a football game distracting us.

11. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Any thought to drowning out the piped in music?

igeaux.mobi

12. Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Any thought to drowning out the piped in music?

igeaux.mobi _
    I didn't find it as bad last night, the thing is, to start and stop the piped in music is simply hitting a button, to start and stop a band is a much different situation.

I think it's fine when we really don't have time to get up something and play it without waiting too long or finishing after the play starts. I love when they play "Hell's Bells", but I think they need to start it a little later so that people hear the beginning of the song to know what it is. As for the rap, we're never going to play any rap songs, and when they do play a snippets of "We Ready" and the "Cupid Shuffle", I know on our side the crowd gets into it. In the case of a couple times last night, since we did step up and play a lot more, it gave us a chance to have a break and have some fun without having to play.

Like someone else said, we're not the only school that pipes in music, we're just doing what a lot of other schools do.

(Oh, and I'm sorry for the ESPN theme so much last night, we were getting tired of it too. I think that us being filmed by ESPN had a lot to do with it though.)

Quote Originally Posted by levetsj View Post
    _ Posted on Sat, Sep. 12, 2009
    K-State falls to La.Lafayette
    By KELLIS ROBINETT
    The Kansas City Star

LAFAYETTE, La. | This is why Bill Snyder spent the last week preaching the importance of Kansas State’s kicking game.
    Kellis came by the Eauque, nice guy.

_ Personally, I thought the atmosphere was AMAZING!!! I can't talk right, right now from screaming so much. The students/cheerleaders/band were all cheering as one! Man, when the ENTIRE stadium started cheering together at the end of the game, I got PUMPED!!! That's how a game SHOULD be!
    I don't believe the 16K attendance. for one, it didn't look like it, and two, it was juuuust enough to break the old two game record. To me, it looked like about 12-13K.

But it was pretty impressive, with a light crowd we were yelling so loud it was disrupting KSU's offense. I'm pretty sure one of the timeouts was because of the crowd.

By the last drive it had to be deafening down on the field.

15. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Just wanted to stop by and say congrats on your two W's.

Here's to hoping you all finish the season strong.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information