Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: UL-KSU Game Thread

UL Football Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Louisiana defeats Kansas State 17-15

(AP)

LAFAYETTE, La. — Tyler Albrecht hit a 48-yard field goal with 32 seconds left to lift Louisiana a 17-15 victory over Kansas State on Saturday night.

It was Albrecht's first collegiate field goal attempt.

The Ragin' Cajuns (2-0) trailed 15-14 before driving from their 33 to the Kansas State 30 to set up the game-winner and give Louisiana its first win over a BCS conference member since 1996.

Kansas State (1-1) rallied from a 14-2 deficit with two fourth-quarter touchdowns.

Wildcats running back Daniel Thomas threw for one score and ran for one, the second one with 8:08 left to give the Wildcats their first lead since a first quarter safety.

The Cajuns took a 14-2 halftime lead on two second-quarter touchdowns.

Undrea Sails ran 9 yards for a score with 9:37 left in the quarter and Chris Masson threw a 1-yard touchdown pass to Luke Aubrey five seconds before halftime.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Just got back in from Cajun Field. That kick would have been good from about 60 yards out.

That was best I've seen our defense play in the five years I've been attending UL games. They just had to be on the field most of the second half because of the offense not generating any sustained drives until the one that closed the game. I can understand why the ESPN-360 commentator would have the man-loves for Zanders as he was all over the field tonight Stevie P. said in the post-game that he had 15 unassisted tackles + 2 assisted.

Good home win.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rwcajun View Post
    Way to go CAJUNS

Congrats on a hard fought game

Also congrats to die hard fans
    Whats up old friend? Wish you were here!

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Geaux Cajuns, what a huge VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!! That kid has a leg, and he nailed it. Had to watch on espn360 thru a K-State site. Cox in NOLA does not subscribe to the service.
    Tom, I have not posted on here since 05, as I used to be more of reader of posts. That will change.
    Vic
    LOL! Welcome back!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by awadelewis View Post
    _ Just got back in from Cajun Field. That kick would have been good from about 60 yards out.

That was best I've seen our defense play in the five years I've been attending UL games. They just had to be on the field most of the second half because of the offense not generating any sustained drives until the one that closed the game. I can understand why the ESPN-360 commentator would have the man-loves for Zanders as he was all over the field tonight Stevie P. said in the post-game that he had 15 unassisted tackles + 2 assisted.

Good home win. _
    That was the best D we have played in over 15 years!. Not since our Big West Day's have we had a performance like that!

Oh my god

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    _ I couldn't see the last pass the K-State put up. Was it in bounds? It looked like they should have gotten another play with 1 second left.Does anybody have any info? Just Curious.Good Win! Hopefully these guys don't get to cocky for next week.Excellent game! _
    Personally, I thought the atmosphere was AMAZING!!! I can't talk right, right now from screaming so much. The students/cheerleaders/band were all cheering as one! Man, when the ENTIRE stadium started cheering together at the end of the game, I got PUMPED!!! That's how a game SHOULD be!

Sorry we couldn't do the Ragin' March or pregame show, the rain was just too much of an issue. I tell you what though, my chops are SHOT from blasting all tonight! I ould barely make it through the fight songs at the end of the game!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!! 2 down, next up, LSU A&M, BRING IT ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ Yeah but the commentators didn't use "Lafayette" once. Steps in the right direction.

I don't know who the color commentator was, but he seemed very knowledgeable about our program. Also, I think he had a man-crush on Zanders. _
    I think I have a woman crush on Zanders! He is AWESOME!

ESPN listed the attendance at 16,431

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Personally, I thought the atmosphere was AMAZING!!! I can't talk right, right now from screaming so much. The students/cheerleaders/band were all cheering as one! Man, when the ENTIRE stadium started cheering together at the end of the game, I got PUMPED!!! That's how a game SHOULD be!

Sorry we couldn't do the Ragin' March or pregame show, the rain was just too much of an issue. I tell you what though, my chops are SHOT from blasting all tonight! I ould barely make it through the fight songs at the end of the game!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!! 2 down, next up, LSU A&M, BRING IT ON!!!! _
    I was diggin' the funk you guys through down.nice change and you're right, it actually got LOUD!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunpride101 View Post
    _ ESPN listed the attendance at 16,431 _
    What did we need for the record?

_ What did we need for the record? _
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajuns.com
    The attendance of 16,431 set a new UL record for the first two home games of the season. Combined with attendance from the Southern game, 57,788 fans came to Cajun Field during the first two weeks of the season. The previous record of 57,030 was set in 1996 after games against Texas A&M and Houston.
    http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArtic.CLID=204793179

_ What did we need for the record? _
    We needed a little over 15k so we got it.

15. Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

_ I was diggin' the funk you guys through down.nice change and you're right, it actually got LOUD! _
    Thanks!! We moved down, and we're a little bit more scrunched together, hopefully that helped make us louder. I was getting the band into it, cheering and yelling, I had to sit in the middle and was trying to get the students with us too, but was having a hard time.

Towards the end of the game, after K-state came back, I gave the Bluto speech, (Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!? NO, it's not over, until WE say it is!!!) My director (Dr. Wag for those that know him) and I were saddened by the amount of students that told me that it was the Japs and didn't get the Animal House reference!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information