Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: UL-KSU Game Thread

Default Re: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ S__t yeah, son. Someone tell that old man to take his Metamucil. It's past his bedtime. _
    Haha, awesome. Did you get to watch the game? That field goal was friggin sweet man.

2. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

missed the last quarter of the game, watching the replay on espn360 right now and I just now noticed the score bar.ul-LAFAY?

LAFAY?????

When will the networks ever get it right, geesh? We look like a podunk community college with the way they butcher our name.

Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Anyone get an attendance on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by tjubb View Post
    _ missed the last quarter of the game, watching the replay on espn360 right now and I just now noticed the score bar.ul-LAFAY?

LAFAY?????

When will the networks ever get it right, geesh? We look like a podunk community college with the way they butcher our name. _
    Yeah but the commentators didn't use "Lafayette" once. Steps in the right direction.

I don't know who the color commentator was, but he seemed very knowledgeable about our program. Also, I think he had a man-crush on Zanders.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Anyone get an attendance on the game?
    16,xxx
    igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ GGGGOOOOOOODDDDDD _

That kick was big time baby!

Quote Originally Posted by tjubb View Post
    _ missed the last quarter of the game, watching the replay on espn360 right now and I just now noticed the score bar.ul-LAFAY?

LAFAY?????

When will the networks ever get it right, geesh? We look like a podunk community college with the way they butcher our name. _
    Geaux Cajuns, what a huge VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!! That kid has a leg, and he nailed it. Had to watch on espn360 thru a K-State site. Cox in NOLA does not subscribe to the service.
    Tom, I have not posted on here since 05, as I used to be more of reader of posts. That will change.
    Vic

8. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ Yeah but the commentators didn't use "Lafayette" once. Steps in the right direction.

I don't know who the color commentator was, but he seemed very knowledgeable about our program. Also, I think he had a man-crush on Zanders. _
    yes he was lovin some Zanders wasn't he?

9. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    _ Geaux Cajuns, what a huge VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!! That kid has a leg, and he nailed it. Had to watch on espn360 thru a K-State site. Cox in NOLA does not subscribe to the service.
    Tom, I have not posted on here since 05, as I used to be more of reader of posts. That will change.
    Vic _
    wazzzup Vic! Great night for Cajun fans. Wasn't a pretty game but it's a W. The next 2 weeks will tough, no doubt.

Tonight was epic.

Default Re: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CarencroCajun View Post
    Haha, awesome. Did you get to watch the game? That field goal was friggin sweet man.
    I was watching it on 360 on delay because I ate dinner. Then, my mom called and ruined it for me. I didn't answer the phone on purpose, and she left a message and said the outcome.

No matter. 2-0, WHO FREAKIN DAT?

12. Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

How was the attendance? Anyone have an exact number?

This may have been mention but I just got back and for those who could have gone and didn't shame on you.

I couldn't see the last pass the K-State put up. Was it in bounds? It looked like they should have gotten another play with 1 second left.Does anybody have any info? Just Curious.Good Win! Hopefully these guys don't get to cocky for next week.Excellent game!

UL Football Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Posted on Sat, Sep. 12, 2009
    K-State falls to La.Lafayette
    By KELLIS ROBINETT
    The Kansas City Star

LAFAYETTE, La. | This is why Bill Snyder spent the last week preaching the importance of Kansas State’s kicking game.

After watching two costly special teams errors almost send the Wildcats to a loss in week one, he knew K-State had to do better to get a win in week two. True to the coach’s point, his team lost to Louisiana 17-15 in Cajun country on Saturday after missing two field goals, botching another and missing an extra point.

Correct even a fraction of those gaffes, and Kansas State would likely have walked away with a win.

On the flip side, the Ragin’ Cajuns came through in the special teams department when it had to, and Tyler Albrecht kicked a game-winning field goal with 32 seconds remaining.

The Wildcats were unable to mount a comeback drive in the closing moments, and a wild celebration ensued from the home team.

The loss dropped Kansas State to 1-1 heading into next week’s game at UCLA. With the win, the Ragin’ Cajuns moved to 2-0.Overall, Louisiana played the stronger game.

After 30 minutes of mistake plagued football, they led Kansas State 14-2. While the Wildcats were trying to figure out who to play at quarterback — both junior Carson Coffman and senior Grant Gregory saw action before the coaching staff went with Coffman in the second half — the Ragin’ Cajuns were building a lead.

After a slow start they found a groove, and on the final drive of the second quarter, they capped off a 73-yard drive with a one-yard touchdown pass from Chris Masson to Luke Aubrey to go ahead by two scores.

Louisiana also scored earlier in the second quarter on a 13-yard touchdown run by Undrea Sails.

Before that, though, not much happened on either side — except for punts.

Total offense at halftime is only 324 yards, and K-State has amassed just 131 of that number. It picked up a measly four first downs and quarterbacks Coffman and Gregory had seven completions between them.

In the first quarter, K-State went 0 for 5 on third-down conversions and failed to capitalize on two early UL fumbles.

The series coach Bill Snyder probably wishes he could have back above all others was the Wildcats’ second of the game. After forcing a Ragin’ Cajuns fumble near the red zone, K-State took over with a short field but was denied near the goal line.

When it couldn’t get in for a touchdown, Snyder sent in the field goal unit. But Josh Cherry missed a 24-yard field goal.

The only score of the first quarter came with 2:43 remaining, when Masson chased down a bad snap in his end zone and intentionally took a safety. K-State went ahead 2-0.

With their offense unable to pick up first downs, the Wildcats quickly fell behind. Their only other scoring opportunities in the first half ended with a Daniel Thomas fumble and a botched field goal attempt.

Kansas State missed another field goal and an extra point in the second half. But behind Thomas, the Wildcats mounted a comeback. The do-everything played saw time at running back, quarterback and kick returner.

He ended the game with 139 yards rushing on 27 carries and a touchdown, and threw a touchdown pass to Jeron Mastrud.

With 8:08 remaining in the game, he ran in a three-yard touchdown to give Kansas State a 15-14. It quickly forced a Ragin’ Cajuns punt, and it looked like it might hold on. But after four plays, K-State had to punt as well, and Louisiana took advantage.

The Ragin’ Cajuns moved the ball into K-State territory and ended things with the game-winning field goal.
    © 2009 Kansas City Star and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved. http://www.kansascity.com

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information