Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: UL-KSU Game Thread

Default Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    _ I'm not telling you anything,
    Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.

Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.

Ben Franklin
    Lololololway to use that degree.lololol.you ought to get a patent for that.

igeaux.mobi

_ I'm not telling you anything, I'm just making an observation base on not just last year but the whole sum and recent trends
    108 La.-Lafayette 6 83,970 13,995 -1,061 2003

Sun Belt (I-A)#9 42 *758,249 *18,054 Up 3,133 Up 71,890 2004

95. La.-Lafayette 5 87,957 17,591 2005

117. La.-Lafayette 6 87,096 14,516 2006

103. La.-Lafayette 6 99,904 16,651 2007

88. La.-Lafayette 5 107,342 21,468 2008

igeaux.mobi _
    Cat, I dont know if you realize it, but the buzz and feel of this program is going up. You dont seem to follow or know about this program as much as all of us do (duh, go figure.) You cant go by way back numbers. You have to look because our attendance used to go up and down a lot based on how we are playing, but I can tell you now after that win and the fact that it was in the rain, we have at least 16,000 hardcore fans. I guarantee we will lead the SBC in attendance. I guarantee our next home game will be better than 16,000.

Our team is improved and that will definitely make the attendance go up. You say you are not going by last year, but that is the best way to look at it. And if you go by last year, which we had no big visitor draw games and even though the team had buzz, they did not have the hype of beating a BCS team. The fact that we have that big 41,000 number, our average will easily top last years. Not to mention we still have homecoming which will be over 25,000 guaranteed. Its nearly mathematically impossible to have a lower avg than last year.

Look dude, your initial argument was that our attendance would keep dwindling. I brought up almost irrefutable fact that last year we never dropped below 15,000 and you seem to think that this year, of all years, will be worse. Give me a break. What do you think our avg attendance will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thanks!! We moved down, and we're a little bit more scrunched together, hopefully that helped make us louder. I was getting the band into it, cheering and yelling, I had to sit in the middle and was trying to get the students with us too, but was having a hard time.

Towards the end of the game, after K-state came back, I gave the Bluto speech, (Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!? NO, it's not over, until WE say it is!!!) My director (Dr. Wag for those that know him) and I were saddened by the amount of students that told me that it was the Japs and didn't get the Animal House reference! _
    Good work man but a question. I noticed on two occasions the band playing while play was actually underway. I think that can get you a penalty. We didn't so I guess I might be wrong but I think it is an SEC conference rule that a band cannot play once play is resumed.

We had the ball and I think we were driving for the second TD?

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Cat, I dont know if you realize it, but the buzz and feel of this program is going up. You dont seem to follow or know about this program as much as all of us do (duh, go figure.) You cant go by way back numbers. You have to look because our attendance used to go up and down a lot based on how we are playing, but I can tell you now after that win and the fact that it was in the rain, we have at least 16,000 hardcore fans. I guarantee we will lead the SBC in attendance. I guarantee our next home game will be better than 16,000.

Our team is improved and that will definitely make the attendance go up. You say you are not going by last year, but that is the best way to look at it. And if you go by last year, which we had no big visitor draw games and even though the team had buzz, they did not have the hype of beating a BCS team. The fact that we have that big 41,000 number, our average will easily top last years. Not to mention we still have homecoming which will be over 25,000 guaranteed. Its nearly mathematically impossible to have a lower avg than last year.

Look dude, your initial argument was that our attendance would keep dwindling. I brought up almost irrefutable fact that last year we never dropped below 15,000 and you seem to think that this year, of all years, will be worse. Give me a break. What do you think our avg attendance will be?
    igeaux.mobi

Ahhh.there's no argument being made by me as I said it's just an observation of statistical fact and historical trend. Like I said earlier some of you are over sensitive which is a sign of not really believing whole heartedly what you're saying.

Having said that I have no interest in making a prediction of what the attendance will be because it doesn't affect me one way or the other. I hope for the best for all our state schools and if you have record breaking attendance this year.GREAT! If nottoo bad better luck next time

_ igeaux.mobi

Ahhh.there's no argument being made by me as I said it's just an observation of statistical fact and historical trend. Like I said earlier some of you are over sensitive which is a sign of not really believing whole heartedly what you're saying.

Having said that I have no interest in making a prediction of what the attendance will be because it doesn't affect me one way or the other. I hope for the best for all our state schools and if you have a record breaking attendance record this year.GREAT! If notto bad
    _
    Ok, thats fine. I'm not being over-sensitive on this though. I'm just correcting a really negative and ignorant prediction on your part. I will put money that we average over 20k again this year. I will also guarantee we average more than last year. Also, I dont see how some being "over sensitive" to a visiting guest telling us about our team and our attendance is any sign of not believing in what we are saying. Looking at this objectively, at the worst some, may be over-sensitive and are over-predicting attendance, but there is no one at all agreeing with you. Not even the most negative or the most level-headed fans would agree with what you are saying and for the most part its the level headed ones that have good estimates for attendance/support/etc.

Now basically, you are trashing our fanbase repeatedly by saying that our attendance will dwindle. You should go enjoy another conversation if you are going to come in here with no clue and running your mouth. You keep banging your point and you have nothing but a few numbers that you dont understand. Attendance is not as simple as a trend. I will grant that if this team tanks the 5 or 6 games, then the last 2 will definitely not have great attendance, but your argument never really seemed to harp on our football team, only our fans.

By all means, participate in our forum, but don't make ignorant claims. I appreciate good conversation and argument, but not when it's one sided.

Now all that said, if it rains every week, well avg around 15000 due to our literal "fair-weather fans."

igeaux.mobi

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.well maybe for some

Noooo you're not over sensistive at all

Lasted I check it was a free country
    igeaux.mobi

Alright, no one said you couldn't have an opinion, you just don't have much credibility or much of an argument. I don't understand why it's come to this because you seemed like one of the cooler, more reasonable SU fans. We're now over a week from playing you guys, I think we've beat this topic to death. Enjoy the rest of the season. Thanks for implying that I'm stupid. Good evening to you and God bless.

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.well maybe for some

Noooo you're not over sensistive at all

Lasted I check it was a free country
    igeaux.mobi
    igeaux.mobi

Wow!Way to show you're not overly sensistive

igeaux.mobi[/QUOTE]

igeaux.mobi

Thanks for implying that I'm stupid. Good evening to you and God bless.

igeaux.mobi
    igeaux.mobi

Wow!Way to show you're not overly sensistive

_ igeaux.mobi

Wow!Way to show you're not overly sensistive _
    Sorry, should have put a goofy smiley. I was trying to throw a little jab in there. (Apparently they arent working for some reason. Anyway, I was kidding. Take it easy. For real.)

Sorry, should have put a goofy smiley. I was trying to throw a little jab in there. (Apparently they arent working for some reason. Anyway, I was kidding. Take it easy. For real.)
    igeaux.mobi

Now that sounds like the Louisiana Cajuns I'm accustom to

14. Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL-KSU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LSUTiger4RaginCajuns View Post
    _ Good work man but a question. I noticed on two occasions the band playing while play was actually underway. I think that can get you a penalty. We didn't so I guess I might be wrong but I think it is an SEC conference rule that a band cannot play once play is resumed.

We had the ball and I think we were driving for the second TD? _
    Thank you! Yeah, we did hang over a couple times (Because the goddamn drummers don't know how to watch and start us off on time). The rules are that we're not supposed to play while the other team is on offense, and we can't play during the plays. Time outs are fine, etc and so forth. We did get a warning from the refs last year at ULM because we were playing with reckless abandon (as requested by the AD).

We've been working on stands stuff a lot more lately. I think SU's band coming over was the straw that broke the camel's back, when we decided to say, "Hey, EFF YOU, we can play too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ Thank you! Yeah, we did hang over a couple times (Because the goddamn drummers don't know how to watch and start us off on time). The rules are that we're not supposed to play while the other team is on offense, and we can't play during the plays. Time outs are fine, etc and so forth. We did get a warning from the refs last year at ULM because we were playing with reckless abandon (as requested by the AD).

We've been working on stands stuff a lot more lately. I think SU's band coming over was the straw that broke the camel's back, when we decided to say, "Hey, EFF YOU, we can play too!" _
    Does NT bring a marching band? I know that is a mega top notch music dept.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information