Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beer Sales, Take II

1. Default Beer Sales, Take II

With the reset button pushed, barring any last second glitches, beer should be available Saturday.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Beer Sales, Take II

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _

heard it straight from the horse's mouth last night - Dr. T-Joe says we will have beer Saturday!

That's exciting but this week I'm bringing my flask just in case.

I'll believe it when I have a tall frosty one in my hand sat. @ 5:45.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I'll believe it when I have a tall frosty one in my hand sat. @ 5:45. _
    Official announcement came from UL at 445pm today (Thurs.)

Drink responsibly

This is so COOL Re: Beer Sales, Take II

Wrist band to prove that you are of drinking age. I can see all those old farts like me warring those bands. Two brews per visit, a total of five if they can figure out how to control that option. That's five visits at one each or three visits when you get two, two and one. Don't get to high tailgating are you want be able to figure the rules out. Best thing to do is let the driver go get the brews. They will have a yellow line at the brew stands. Cops will follow you to your seat to make sure you don't give that second one to a minor. That's 20 years and 364 days and under. The NOW moms will be checking up to see that no rules will be broken. All this is for the first brew game. After that who knows. I think I will give up drinking at the game. Beer that is

"Two brews per visit, a total of five if they can figure out how to control that option. That's five visits at one each or three visits when you get two, two and one."

At what $7 a piece? Boomer can get a case of the Beast with $7.

I might have 1 or 2 inside the stadium - strictly in support of the program.

8. Default Re: Beer Sales, Take II

Actually the beast would be about 3.95 per 16 ounce 6 pack--but I will go with Herbie's brew for the game----My seats are right next to him!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Stay thirsty my friends! _
    Your seats are next to the most interesting man in the world?

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/587.?showAll=y&c=y

UL ready to sell beer at stadium
    Permit issue cleared in time for Saturday

* By MARSHA SILLS
    * Advocate Acadiana bureau
    * Published: Sep 11, 2009 - Page: 1BA

LAFAYETTE — The Ragin’ Cajuns concessionaire, Sodexo Sports & Leisure, has secured the proper permits to begin beer sales at Saturday’s Kansas State football game against UL.

Beer sales were to begin at last Saturday’s game against Southern University when a record crowd of 41,357 watched the University of Louisiana at Lafayette defeat the Jaguars 42-19.

Sodexo, however, voluntarily postponed its plan to begin beer sales after the state Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control raised questions late Friday about whether the company had the proper permits to sell alcohol inside the stadium, according to a statement issued by ATC commissioner Murphy Painter.

Painter would not say Thursday what prompted him to take a closer look at beer sales at Cajun Field or if a complaint was made to his office.

UL is the first public university to sell beer to the public at its football games. Care was taken in the matter because the decision would also be applied to “future situations at all publicly funded universities,” Painter stated.

“Because the stadium was not licensed the question became whether a caterer’s license was a lawful and valid way to allow alcohol sales at that location,” Painter stated.

He said that two years ago licensing laws were strengthened to provide more control over relationships between suppliers and outlets. The law now requires caterers to also apply for a special event permit if alcoholic beverages are sold as an “incidental” part of an event, which Painter said applied in the UL case.

“We required them to get a special event permit, which they did, and that puts them in order,” Painter said.

Permits were required for each home game at a cost of $100 each. Sodexo area regional manager James Crow picked up the permits in Baton Rouge on Thursday.

The company also is the concessionaire for Moore Field, UL’s baseball field, where beer has been a standing concession item.

Beer is also sold during basketball games at the Cajundome.

While the Cajundome is a licensed facility for alcohol sales for basketball games, Painter said he wasn’t aware of the licensing status of Moore Field.

Crow said the issue is being investigated. “We’re working through that now.”

Sodexo pitched beer sales during football games to the university as part of its new contract last year. As part of the deal, Sodexo is responsible for licensure, vendor training and security at beer vendor areas.

Under the contract, UL receives 45 percent of the beer sales.

The larger venue of Cajun Field and liability issues its presents had not made the prospect of beer concessions desirable in the past, David Walker, UL athletics director, said last week.

Walker also said last week that Sodexo’s proposal and its experience with beer sales at large athletic venues allayed those concerns.

Safety measures such as separate locations where IDs are verified and wristbands issued and uniformed police officers at beer concessions have been a part of the plan, Crow said.

There’s a two-beer limit per purchase and last call is at the end of the third quarter. Each concession area also offers information about taxi services, he said.

“Our goal is to provide a safe environment,” Crow said.

The university also now has a designated area for its alcohol-free zone: Section N located behind the UL Pride of Acadiana marching band. The section will be reserved in time for the next home game against North Texas on Oct. 10.

Care was taken in the matter because the decision would also be applied to “future situations at all publicly funded universities,” Painter stated.

Meaning when the unimaginative "what about us" crowd decides to quit whining and follow their lead all the groundwork will have been done for them and the trail blazed once again by UL.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Care was taken in the matter because the decision would also be applied to “future situations at all publicly funded universities,” Painter stated.

Meaning when the unimaginative "what about us" crowd decides to quit whining and follow their lead all the groundwork will have been done for them and the trail blazed once again by UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z,

FWIW, a co-worker of mine, who happens to be a tigger fan, walked up to me Monday morning and blurted out, "Man, LSU really shut y'all beer sales down huh?"

I don't know if he was yanking my chain or not, but I found that a bit odd.

15. Default Re: Beer Sales, Take II

Under the contract, UL receives 45 percent of the beer sales.
    Sounds like 45% of the gross.

If so, a well deserved sweet deal.

My only Q is how long before BR lifts the ban on Campus Venue beer sales?

igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information