Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Story of the WildCatters Football Team in Lafayette Louisiana

1. Default Bucs Extend Home Steak To 32

500 and will get back on the road next weekend when they take on their "I-10" rivals in the Lafayette Wildcatters (3-4). Columbus will look to rebound when they return home to match-up against the first place Albany Panthers (6-1). Both games will ...

2. Default Louisiana Swashbucklers Down Columbus Lions in SIFL

The Swashbucklers will next face off against their I-10 rivals, the Lafayette Wildcatters (3-4) on Saturday, while the Lions will play the league leading Albany Panthers (6-1) at home.

3. Default Swashbucklers vs Wildcatters II

The Lafayette Wildcatters and Louisiana Swashbucklers renew their interstate 10 rivalry Saturday night at 8:05 p.m. on the “Rig Floor” in the Cajundome. On May 1st the two teams played the only overtime game of the year in an instant classic that resulted in a 59-52 Wildcatter win.

A lot has changed for both teams in the last 5 weeks. After the May 1st game the Swashbucklers fired head coach Shadrick McAfee and promoted defensive coordinator Michael Warren to head coach. The biggest move for the Swashbucklers however was bringing former head coach Darnell Lee back as the offensive coordinator. Several former Swashbucklers have found there way back to Lake Charles including 2009 SIFL President’s Cup MVP defensive lineman Bryant Mason; along with former starting quarterback Freddie Harrison, who has started the last two games for the Swashbucklers. Harrison’s two starts have resulted in wins over Albany, 67-43, and Columbus 51-31. Lafayette Wildcatter head coach Skip Foster noticed the change in the Swashbucklers offensive schemes, “they do some different things now and do a good job at it. They are running the ball much more effectively and that will present a much different challenge to our defense.”

The Wildcatters have not remained status quo either, as they changed their starting quarterback to Juan Joseph, 39 of 56 for 413 yards and 12 touchdowns the last two games. Joseph has lead the Wildcatters to an offensive explosion in beating the North Texas Crunch 81-17, and the Greenville Force 90-19. Coach Foster likes what he has seen out of Joseph, “Juan has done a nice job for us. He is progressing well; however, this will be his biggest challenge. The Swashbucklers do a very good job of getting after the quarterback. Our offensive line is going to have to do a good job in protecting Juan.” Joseph’s two favorite targets have been Clyde Edwards, who has 16 catches for 209 yards and 6 touchdowns in the last two games; while Tim Richmond has 12 catches for 106 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Foster realizes the importance of this game, “this game has playoff implications for both teams. We are trying to win the season series versus the Swashbucklers and position ourselves as best as possible for the playoffs.”

Tickets are available at the Cajundome box office. After Saturday night the Wildcatters have only two more home games before closing their season on the road versus the Swashbucklers.

Lafayette Wildcatters Press

4. Default Wildcatters, Swashbucklers face off

The Lafayette Wildcatters and Louisiana Swashbucklers renew their I-10 rivalry at 8:05 tonight in the Cajundome. The last time the two teams met in the Cajundome, it resulted in the only overtime game of the year as the Wildcatters pulled out a 59-52 ...

5. Default Wildcatters Take Out Swashbucklers In Saturday Night

The Lafayette Wildcatters (3-4) brought its undefeated home record to the Cajundome on Saturday, June 5 to face in-state SIFL rival the Louisiana Swashbucklers (4-4). Lafayette benefited from two offside penalties to start its first possession, and ...

6. Default Wildcatters remain perfect at home with win

The Lafayette Wildcatters remained perfect in the Cajundome on Saturday with a 63-47 victory over the Louisiana Swashbucklers. The Wildcatters improved to 4-4 overall while the Swashbucklers dropped to 4-5 with the loss. Lafayette benefited from two ...

The rest of the story

Daily Advertiser

7. Default UL's Sean Comiskey SIFL Special Teams Player of the Week

Albany Panthers wide receiver Clenton Rafe, Columbus Lions defensive back Damian Daniels, and Lafayette Wildcatters Sean Comiskey have been named the Offensive, Defensive, and Special Teams Player of the Week ...

8. Default Re: Rafe, Daniels, Comiskey Earn Week 12 Honors

Way to geaux Sean.

9. Default Wildcatters Are Going To The Air Like No SIFL Team Before

Wildcatters go where no SIFL team has ever gone before, on the air live.

The Lafayette Wildcatters, James P. Bitterman, and Townsquare Media are pleased to announce ESPN1420 will be broadcasting the remainder of the Lafayette Wildcatter games!!

Listen from anywhere in the world at www.espn1420.com or on ESPN 1420 AM.

The pregame show, including an interview with Head Coach Skip Foster, starts at 6:30. Kickoff is at 7:05 p.m.

The source of the story

Default Re: Wildcatters Are Going To The Air Like No SIFL Team Before

Hah on the air.

If Mr. Bitter is calling these games for 1420, I may have to tune in to just listen to him. I could care less about the Wildcatters, but his calling of games is priceless. That AHS state championship game a few years ago was an epic radio call.

I just hope they don't give him the live mic like they did at the first home game. Volume was way too loud and he just would NOT shut up. Occassional chants or cheers are ok, but this dude sounded like he was just talkin to hear his own voice. kinda annoying.

anyhoo, lemme stop raggin' on the guy and say that i do enjoy listening to him on teh radio, and i'm sure his play by play would be interesting to listen to.

GEAUX WILDCATTERS!!!!!!!!

God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    If Mr. Bitter is calling these games for 1420, I may have to tune in to just listen to him. I could care less about the Wildcatters, but his calling of games is priceless. That AHS state championship game a few years ago was an epic radio call.
    Dude, it was amazing. Words can't describe, the guy just has a way about it. I still talk about it every now and then with a few of my co-workers

I agree, I'll tune in for sure

Default Wildcatters v. Swashbucklers pictures

15. Default Wildcatters Keep Panthers Champagne on Ice

LAFAYETTE, LA (JUNE 12, 2010) – The Albany Panthers (7-2) of the Southern Indoor Football League failed to clinch home-field advantage after becoming another victim in the Cajun Dome losing to the Lafayette Wildcatters (5-4) on Saturday night 48-46.

Coming out of the gates quick, Albany’s scored on a Juan Bongarra uno and capitalized on a Jermaine Collins interception when quarterback Cecil Lester hit Offensive Player of the Week Clenton Rafe for the games first touchdown giving the Panthers an early 8-0 lead.

Following the interception, Lafayette quarterback Juan Joseph didn’t’ need long to regain his composure hooking up with Clevan White to get the Wildcatters on the board. Since taking over the starting duties, Joseph has led the Wildcatters on a magical ride and Saturday night was no different. Against the SIFL’s top ranked pass defense, he finished the night completing 20 of 31 passes for 225 yards and three touchdowns.

The rest of the story

Southern Indoor Football League
    By: Matthew Hester

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information