Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth on Speculation Radar

Default Hudspeth on Speculation Radar

Contains a bit of sloppy research.

He says that UL under Hud has "beaten some big-time programs" and that they are annual "giant-killers."

Sounds like an assumption a lazy writer makes about a successful mid-major coach.

Obviously, the Hud storyline is that the "giant-killing" win is exactly what he lacks and that he needs such an upset win for his resume to be considered attractive enough for the jump to the SEC.

Ah well, good pub for Hud, nonetheless.

http://florida.scout.com/story/14815.AAFB+Marketing

Default Re: Hud on List of Possible Florida HC's

Quote Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
    He says that UL under Hud has "beaten some big-time programs" and that they are annual "giant-killers."
    This guy has a really high opinion of the Sunbelt. We've dominated most of those teams on an annual basis.

It is good pub, but Coach Hub has been on these types of lists for 3 years.

Give it a rest hud is not getting the job at Florida. We only have to worry about the trickle down effect of who Florida hires

He's on the list that the writer put together. Is he really on Florida's list? We do not know that.

My personal opinion is that he is not on the UF list, nor should he be. But as with everything that goes on in college coaching the collateral damage could be the issue. We need to look at all coaching vacancies this offseason, depending what happens in Gainesville and Ann Arbor, that could effect Hud. My other personal opinion is that Hud is not going anywhere this year, but the next 2 years will be interesting to see how they play out.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    He's on the list that the writer put together. Is he really on Florida's list? We do not know that.
    If he's not on most, if not all, lists, something is wrong. He took a bottom feeder and made them relevant. Now getting the job is a different story. With the perception of the sunbelt still where it is, take away the names and a P5 coordinator is still more attractive than a sunbelt head coach. JMO.

Yeah that steel curtain defense he has built here should put him at the top of any list of potential hires.

Most of these "journalists" google head coach winning %. To get candidates. Or they go off of other people's lists. Once you show up on one list, you are very likely to show up on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Yeah that steel curtain defense he has built here should put him at the top of any list of potential hires.
    100-36 as a head coach, 34-15 at the FBS level, 3-0 in bowl games. But let's bring up that his lack of a stout defense will keep him off of coaching search lists

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Please. Schools like Florida want an offensive mind. The game has changed. Most schools want a young motivated offensive guy who can build/rebuild programs and that is Mark Hudspeth to a TEE.I don't think he will be at Florida but your comment has absolutely no merrit (as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Please. Schools like Florida want an offensive mind. The game has changed. Most schools want a young motivated offensive guy who can build/rebuild programs and that is Mark Hudspeth to a TEE.I don't think he will be at Florida but your comment has absolutely no merrit (as usual).
    Yeah, no way HUD could hire a top notch DC with floridas tiny budget

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If he's not on most, if not all, lists, something is wrong. He took a bottom feeder and made them relevant. Now getting the job is a different story. With the perception of the sunbelt still where it is, take away the names and a P5 coordinator is still more attractive than a sunbelt head coach. JMO.
    I don't know what you think relevant is, but we are not relevant. I know it's fun to think so though. I catch myself sometimes too.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Devils Advocate.Ole Miss, Auburn, and Boise State have all hired your less attractive "Sunbelt head coaches" in the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Devils Advocate.Ole Miss, Auburn, and Boise State have all hired your less attractive "Sunbelt head coaches" in the last 3 years.
    Devils advocate.then the only option is Mississippi state because all 3 of those examples have direct ties to those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Devils advocate.then the only option is Mississippi state because all 3 of those examples have direct ties to those jobs.
    Exactly, take away the names (and ties) and I stand by my statement.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information