Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: Hudspeth on Speculation Radar

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Small time.be happy with what you have.yearning for more is futile.
    If this is small time, dare I ask what those days were?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Who gives a ____ that we can only best bottom feeders?! Educated fans give a ____. It's a ruse buddy. Put the pom-pom down for one second. If you're happy with this 8-4 crap and the NOLA bowl, stop talking to me. At this time in CFB, you're either climbing or you're falling. And your dumbsas is falling for the magic show. Not only have we plateaued a la Bustle, how is this staff going to make it through a "rebuilding" year. This was his "BEST" team yet!
    One winning season in 15 years and you call three 9-4 seasons that followed crap?

I understand some of what you're saying regarding winning with Bustle's players but this is in the midst of the journey.

30 years of neglect takes longer than a few years, and probably one coach to overcome. There are likely peaks and valleys ahead, even if the Master Plan is followed through.

It's a complex formula to rise in major college football in the midst of perennial powers with a legacy.

We are like the Astros trying to acquire the mystique and success of the Yankees.

I think one of Hud's problems is finding the athlete with both the ability and the work ethic. He's done a great job winning with over achievers. To get to the next level he probably needs better players who are willing to work.

Default Re: Hudspeth on Speculation Radar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    If this is small time, dare I ask what those days were?
    The end result of small time thinking chief.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    One winning season in 15 years and you call three 9-4 seasons that followed crap?

I understand some of what you're saying regarding winning with Bustle's players but this is in the midst of the journey.

30 years of neglect takes longer than a few years, and probably one coach to overcome. There are likely peaks and valleys ahead, even if the Master Plan is followed through.

It's a complex formula to rise in major college football in the midst of perennial powers with a legacy.

We are like the Astros trying to acquire the mystique and success of the Yankees.

I think one of Hud's problems is finding the athlete with both the ability and the work ethic. He's done a great job winning with over achievers. To get to the next level he probably needs better players who are willing to work.
    CC We play I'm the sunbelt. What perennial powers are we competing against? This coach can't win the worst league outright and ppl have a fit when we bring that up because "we used to be so bad". It's just excuse after excuse. Ppl don't go to the game because EXCUSE Can't win the belt because EXCUSE Can't hold Hud accountable because EXCUSE Can't knock off top 50 teams because EXCUSE

5. Default Re: Hudspeth on Speculation Radar

Ignore CajunRage. He's a fan boy.

What we should all be paying attention to is Hud's post game presser. Our million dollar coach just ADMITTED he and his staff were out-coached, and blamed TBs bad throws and lack of passing game on. Get this. The wind!! I burst into laughter when I heard this you guys
    Did not, you heard semi wrong.

What I thought he said was all scores except two were with the wind and we failed with the wind in the fourth.

6. Default Re: Hudspeth on Speculation Radar

Who gives a ____ that we can only best bottom feeders?! Educated fans give a ____. It's a ruse buddy. Put the pom-pom down for one second. If you're happy with this 8-4 crap and the NOLA bowl, stop talking to me. At this time in CFB, you're either climbing or you're falling. And your dumbsas is falling for the magic show. Not only have we plateaued a la Bustle, how is this staff going to make it through a "rebuilding" year. This was his "BEST" team yet!
    I agree 3 straight of anything is a plateau.

Hud does better when he hasn't settled on a player. That is how he does better in a rebuilding year.

When he is locked in on a player like TB locks in on a receiver, his best team suffers.

ps nothing wrong with higher plateaus that are only 4 years old.

CC We play I'm the sunbelt. What perennial powers are we competing against? This coach can't win the worst league outright and ppl have a fit when we bring that up because "we used to be so bad". It's just excuse after excuse. Ppl don't go to the game because EXCUSE Can't win the belt because EXCUSE Can't hold Hud accountable because EXCUSE Can't knock off top 50 teams because EXCUSE
    I think your first point "We play in the Sun Belt" is the biggest and most valid obstacle of all the things you mentioned.

I would like to see our leaders more vocal and openly proactive in fighting to get out of the Sun Belt. We got a letter from Scott Farmer this past week urging us to contribute to the RCAF before the end of the year for tax reasons. I'd like to see him say that the contribution will help upgrade our conference affiliation to help us compete vs. CUSA and AAC for recruits and expand our capabilities. Recruits believe CUSA and AAC are better conferences.

Operating from there, I will be less tolerant of excuses. But I firmly believe that we do operate under a glass ceiling. Always have. I'm putting part of this on our leadership for not trying harder to organize the supporters to crash through this barrier.

I really hate to enter into this conversation because it seems that the good points on both sides are being overpowered by anger and vile. But in regards to the "we play in the sunbelt" argument to try to downplay Hud's success, what conferences are San Diego St, ECU, and Tulane in?

Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn only played in the sunbelt too.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information